Dany is army-less, isn't she?

Nerevanin

If jon wasn't so stupid as his "father" Ned he'd kill dany right now, the rest of the unsillied and rob her dragons from her as he has their trust. And then bargain for a surrender with Cersei asking to keep the North for himself. He can gather 4 to 5 thousand men and Cersei would never be able to conquer the North because of Moat Caitilin. That would be something to see. But, Jon is fucking stupid and too honourable to do such a thing and the Series is not the books so we'll have a vale and north army (mostly) fighting for a queen who has no real power of her own (a dragon and 1k men).

And worst than that. They'll make the northmen like Dany for no reason next episode. She did absolutely nothing of really help, the Dothraki were thrashed in 2 seconds in battle and the unsillied are now almost all dead. BUT they'll pledge alliance even though they don't really need to.

4 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

So they should abandon Sansa because she didn't stay at the walls as an easy target for the wights, as she isn't a warrior and she doesn't have a dragon to relatively safely fly on? That doesn't make sense to me.

That was genuinely not at all what I said...

However, Sansa hiding in the crypt and still trying to show shade at Daenerys and sowing dissent, while Daenerys herself is up top, fighting tooth and nail (or rather, dragon and sword) to protect them, made Sansa look laughably petty.
I'm so glad Missandei was there to make her shut up.

1 hour ago, Maester Vargo said:

Dany will now have the army of the 7 Kingdoms, not the foreign army.  Cersei is using the foreign army.  This is also important.  

Oh I like this. Interesting twist and turn-around on what happened in S7.

47 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

If jon wasn't so stupid as his "father" Ned he'd kill dany right now, the rest of the unsillied and rob her dragons from her as he has their trust. 

So basically "If Jon was a different person altogether, someone like say, Ramsay, he'd be able to do this and that"?

2 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

So basically "If Jon was a different person altogether, someone like say, Ramsay, he'd be able to do this and that"?

He didn't need to be as bad as Ramsay, the north would approve a move like that. Sansa when speaking with Dany realized that if Dany wins the war the north wouldn't be free as she wants it to be. The only hope now is Jon marrying Dany and granting north's indenpendency. Or a coup. The north would prefer the latter, even after dany's help to defend Winterfell. He only have to be less like Ned to realize that. I think Sansa, if she had control, would do that.

9 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

He didn't need to be as bad as Ramsay, the north would approve a move like that.

But it would still be so ludicrously out of character for Jon that he would essentially become a whole different character after that.
Might as well start calling him Ramsey. 

Edit: I'm not saying it would'nt be a smart move from a northern independence point-of-view, I'm just pointing out that it's something that Jon would never do. 

22 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

That was genuinely not at all what I said...

However, Sansa hiding in the crypt and still trying to show shade at Daenerys and sowing dissent, while Daenerys herself is up top, fighting tooth and nail (or rather, dragon and sword) to protect them, made Sansa look laughably petty.
I'm so glad Missandei was there to make her shut up.

Oh I like this. Interesting twist and turn-around on what happened in S7.

It made Sansa seem ridiculous. All her points were fair in the previous two episodes. But zombies are attacking you want to complain about the person fighting to save the North and the rest of the kingdoms. The last 3 members of her family are up there and exposed she should have been hoping the Dragon Queen and her dragons kicked ass. 

I can't imagine she has many troops but of course randomly she will. Winterfell was overran. Only people you see fighting is the stars of the show for the moost part and they were taking on like 8 at a time. 

Considering that Dany's Dothraki savages and Unsullied eunuchs just killed themselves on Northerners' behalf, I'm guessing those Northerners might help provide her with an army. Sansa should be less ungrateful now and may convince the knights of the Vale too, Riverrun's soldiers will feel some loyalty to Catelyn Stark's children. So Dany should have decent numbers.

Danny prob has somewhere around 2,000 men and could rally around 4,000-5,000

Cercei has around 4,000 lannisters, 20,000 Golden company and 20,000-40,000 iron born

prob the rest of the houses will join Cercei.

but all this dosn`t matter cuz D&D gonna give us a trial by seven.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, MinscS2 said:

Once rumors spread that the northern army defeated ~400.000 wights (even if they took heavy losses), they would be fools to keep supporting Cersei and her decimated army of Lannisters.
They are bettors after all, just as much as bankers.

Or the GC simply switches sides on their own, there are several hints scattered about that it wouldn't come completely out of the blue. 

Seeing a dragon come at them may make them decide to turn. In the books the relaibility of sell swords is questioned ALOT!

8 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

And worst than that. They'll make the northmen like Dany for no reason next episode. She did absolutely nothing of really help, the Dothraki were thrashed in 2 seconds in battle and the unsillied are now almost all dead. BUT they'll pledge alliance even though they don't really need to.

She went to bat for them. She put HER war on hold to come there and fight the army of the dead. Then she lost her ENTIRE army (unless they say she had some still at dragonstone and places she took which makes sense since the amount of food that army would need would be insane) helping them. Even if her  soldiers didn't actually defeat the white walkers they did play a big part. If the north doesn't stand with her after that then they are a** holes. Now the question is does the north even have a an army left.  House Glover didn't show but they have what fifty soldiers tops. However we didn't see the Vale soldiers at all so maybe they will back her still and that would give her twenty thousand soldiers and an army that has only fought in one battle (which they won) since they had stayed out of the war of five kings.

10 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

What? :lol: 

Without the Unsullied the AotD overruns WF in about 30 seconds. 

And if Daenerys doesn’t knock the NK off of UnViserion he literally flies into the Godswood and eats Bran. Game over. 

3 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Seeing a dragon come at them may make them decide to turn. In the books the relaibility of sell swords is questioned ALOT!

To quote a famous sell sword: "Dragons are where our partnership ends".

I very much doubt that Cersei and Euron has been upfront with Harry Strickland on what they're actually hiring them for.

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

To quote a famous sell sword: "Dragons are where our partnership ends".

I very much doubt that Cersei and Euron has been upfront with Harry Strickland on what they're actually hiring them for.

I suspect Euron's gonna get bummed out by Cercei soon enough. The dragons will need to burn his fleet on the way out though; otherwise, Yara would find herself in trouble. The Lannister army will rally to Jaime and the GC bog off. I think Cercei's going to end up with only Frankenstein and his monster at her side. And wildfire. She does love her wildfire. The only option on the table will be to "Burn Them All!!!!".

19 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

It's funny how Dany and Jon and their dragons did basically nothing useful in the whole battle. They made the dragons use the fire breath like 5 times before they got completely lost in the ice storm (I really didn't get that part), they didn't even light the trench, and they spent most of the battle just flying around. They fought the NK and slowed him down a bit but that also provoked the NK to raise the dead to get rid of Jon (maybe he would do it either way but he didn't look really interested in it until he noticed Jon running after him). I mean, yeah, there was only one NK so not everybody can kill him but I thought that the dragons would have a big role in the battle while in fact they were virtually useless.

8 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Euron pledged to serve Cersei just to FUCK her. That's it.

Now with Dany, a more powerful, more beautiful, dragon queen. I bet he can't wait to ditch Cersei and FUCK the new one.

Good call, although when he hears about Arya's tendencies, you'd think he'd fancy the hell out of her!

Wouldn't the Dornish army be her best bet? Ellaria is still locked up in the dungeon with her daughter who may or may not have died from the poison she was given. Cersei did say that she would keep her alive for a very long time and that the poison she gave her daughter would kill her extremely slowly.

Most important though would be Ellaria herself as she wouldn't hesitate to march her 40,000 strong army (i think it's about that size) straight in kings landing and put Cersei's head on a spike. The big question is does anyone know she is there and if they do could they get her out? This would make a huge difference to Dany's odds of winning.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

It's funny how Dany and Jon and their dragons did basically nothing useful in the whole battle. They made the dragons use the fire breath like 5 times before they got completely lost in the ice storm (I really didn't get that part), they didn't even light the trench, and they spent most of the battle just flying around. They fought the NK and slowed him down a bit but that also provoked the NK to raise the dead to get rid of Jon (maybe he would do it either way but he didn't look really interested in it until he noticed Jon running after him). I mean, yeah, there was only one NK so not everybody can kill him but I thought that the dragons would have a big role in the battle while in fact they were virtually useless.

Alright, I'll bite.

Jon & Daenerys (including their dragons) killed the most wights between them by far (breathing fire on-screen way more than five times), fought the NK on Viserion and ultimately knocked him off, causing him to walk towards Bran and be at ground level where Arya could kill him. Remove them and the NK would've swooped in on Viserion and killed Bran and everyone would've died.
Did they single-handedly win the battle for the living? Absolutely not, but their contribution was important, just as Aryas and Theons where. 

Him raising more dead ultimately made no change in the outcome of the battle. 

NK would've swooped in on Viserion and killed Bran and everyone would've died

I doubt that this would happen. I think that the NK would try to slay Bran in person (aka by sword) either way. I don't really have anything to support this but Bran was the only one that the NK bothered to try to kill while not directly attacked by the person (Theon). Notice how he left Jon to die, how he didn't are about Dany. Bran was apparently the only one he was interested in so killing him from afar using a dragon is imo not that probable.

And how would killing Bran automatically result into everyone else dying?

Him raising more dead ultimately made no change in the outcome of the battle.

it didn't change the outcome of the battle but it probably (we haven't seen it but it is the only logical conclusion) caused much more casualties in the battle = smaller army for Dany / Jon for the future. This is pure speculation but it is possible that if the NK didn't raise the bodies, Jorah could survive.

Archived