Grasping at straws with bran

When Theon told bran “they’ve lit the trench” bran immediately flys off in the ravens towards the NK. The NK then immediately after  seeing the ravens starts his plan of having the dead smother out the flames...almost as if he was singnaled. I’ve never been a fan of the bran being NK theory but! I’ll accept anything at this point lol.  I’ve seen people say it was to get the attention of the NK but, the episode prior to this one bran says, because of his mark from the NK he ALWAYS knows where bran is.

One reason I believe all of this means nothing, is because Mel finally dies signaling  that her job is done.

To me, it really has seemed like for a while D&D have no idea what to do with Bran. I don't know if GRRM even knows what to do with Bran completely, he may have an ending he wants for him but how to get him there....

He is obviously important to some strange goal at the end. But him being important because he holds memories? That's what books are. Sam is arguably as important as show Bran.

But it seems like his only purpose, so far and will (hopefully) change, is to provide exposition for the characters and viewers.

2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

To me, it really has seemed like for a while D&D have no idea what to do with Bran. I don't know if GRRM even knows what to do with Bran completely, he may have an ending he wants for him but how to get him there....

He is obviously important to some strange goal at the end. But him being important because he holds memories? That's what books are. Sam is arguably as important as show Bran.

But it seems like his only purpose, so far and will (hopefully) change, is to provide exposition for the characters and viewers.

isn't that precisely why the citadel seeks to erase magic? i believe they have something to do with dragons diying also.

6 hours ago, btfu806 said:

To me, it really has seemed like for a while D&D have no idea what to do with Bran.

The same here. Plus, he's creepy like hell.

Now, wouldn't it have been cool if Bran was sitting there, seemingly helpless, and the moment NK reached for him, Bran would take out a dagger from under his blanket and stab him? Or reach out to the weirwood and do some awesome magic? Arya ex machina was so underwhelming.

Archived