Bran becoming the next Night King

Godfrey

Seems unlikely though i've seen some theories online that Bran could become the next Night King.

Bran has the Night Kings mark on his arm, and Bloodraven told him "he touched you"

This one possible way i could see the show ending (Brans eyes turning blue)

Any thoughts on this?

The scenes in the next three episodes with Bran will likely be interesting now that the Night King is defeated.

Well, I like it. But I'm just a clueless book reader; people who actually watch the show seem to think it's game over, and they're probably right; wisdom of crowds and all that.

But it seems wrong that you defeat the masters of death by killing them; and if they gain control over a Stark or two that would make them powerful. And also vulnerable....  I could really see this working. I was expecting Sansa to go over, maybe Jon, but Bran would be interesting. Should give us the human heart in conflict with itself.

I'll have to look up these Bran theories. (I really need to know the ending of this story! Soon!)

3 minutes ago, Springwatch said:

Well, I like it. But I'm just a clueless book reader; people who actually watch the show seem to think it's game over, and they're probably right; wisdom of crowds and all that.

But it seems wrong that you defeat the masters of death by killing them; and if they gain control over a Stark or two that would make them powerful. And also vulnerable....  I could really see this working. I was expecting Sansa to go over, maybe Jon, but Bran would be interesting. Should give us the human heart in conflict with itself.

I'll have to look up these Bran theories. (I really need to know the ending of this story! Soon!)

I've always thought that one of the Starks was going to go full White Walker and lead them. Can't make up my mind if that's Bran or Jon, though. If Dany has the dragons, then it makes sense that the Starks should have the Others. Otherwise it's unbalanced, and ice and fire are mirror images of each other. 

It has nothing to do with the mark, the 3 eyed raven is the night king. this is how the cycle works at some pint the old one pass his memories, power or whatever you want to call it to a younger one. By stopping this cycle he would have lived forever. the night king is a stark, thats why a stark must always be at winterfell. at some point one stark must become 3 eyed raven and later he will become night king then pick another stark to pass the knowledge.

The actual night king who died in episode 3 killed by Arya wanted to live forever that`s why he tried to kill Bran. killing the old would have stop the cycle but he couldn`t stop the old one pass his knowledge to Bran.

That was his motivation, infinite life. This is what that sign represent, infinite cycle.

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Seems unlikely though i've seen some theories online that Bran could become the next Night King.

The quality of those theories varies from solid and likely to ridiculous. So I would be sceptic and want to hear good arguments to proof that statement.

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Bran has the Night Kings mark on his arm, and Bloodraven told him "he touched you"

Yes, its pure speculation if this mark has a lasting effect after the Night King is dead. And I think its very, very unlikely, that this mark will turn Bran into a second Night King. Why? Because the Night King tried to kill Bran (he was grabing for his weapon, when Arya came killing him). And that would be unnecessary, if the mark transforms Bran into a second Night King, given enough time. So, no.

I was trying to figure out why when Theon told bran “they’re lighting the trenches”. Bran immediately wargs and goes up to the night king in the ravens and the NK starts putting out the trench fires...almost as of bran signaled him...but deep down I know it’ll probably be nothing. Just poor editing,story telling and direction.:frown5:

43 minutes ago, Pacala said:

It has nothing to do with the mark, the 3 eyed raven is the night king. this is how the cycle works at some pint the old one pass his memories, power or whatever you want to call it to a younger one. By stopping this cycle he would have lived forever. the night king is a stark, thats why a stark must always be at winterfell. at some point one stark must become 3 eyed raven and later he will become night king then pick another stark to pass the knowledge.

The actual night king who died in episode 3 killed by Arya wanted to live forever that`s why he tried to kill Bran. killing the old would have stop the cycle but he couldn`t stop the old one pass his knowledge to Bran.

That was his motivation, infinite life. This is what that sign represent, infinite cycle.

Bloodraven was a Targaryen, not a Stark, although some Blackwoods did marry into the Stark line. (His mother was a Blackwood.)

33 minutes ago, Haskelltier said:

The quality of those theories varies from solid and likely to ridiculous. So I would be sceptic and want to hear good arguments to proof that statement.

Yes, its pure speculation if this mark has a lasting effect after the Night King is dead. And I think its very, very unlikely, that this mark will turn Bran into a second Night King. Why? Because the Night King tried to kill Bran (he was grabing for his weapon, when Arya came killing him). And that would be unnecessary, if the mark transforms Bran into a second Night King, given enough time. So, no.

What, like Frodo getting stabbed with the Morgul blade at Amon Sul? He never recovered from that. 

8 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

I've always thought that one of the Starks was going to go full White Walker and lead them. Can't make up my mind if that's Bran or Jon, though. If Dany has the dragons, then it makes sense that the Starks should have the Others. Otherwise it's unbalanced, and ice and fire are mirror images of each other. 

Benjen already went White Walker.

7 hours ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I will be seriously annoyed if the TV series ends with Bran's eyes turning Night King-blue.  It would be a cliched and tacky ending.  No.  Just No.  Please.

That would be pretty stupid. But I don't think they could surprise me with any ending at this point. Going up the line of top-billed actors from Iain Glen, you have; Nikolaj Coster, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington, Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage. I'd wager they all get wiped out. These characters have such giant stakes in the stories; their arcs have to come to completion -- happily ever after is not in the cards for anyone in this story.

21 minutes ago, Nihiloth90 said:

That would be pretty stupid. But I don't think they could surprise me with any ending at this point. Going up the line of top-billed actors from Iain Glen, you have; Nikolaj Coster, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington, Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage. I'd wager they all get wiped out. These characters have such giant stakes in the stories; their arcs have to come to completion -- happily ever after is not in the cards for anyone in this story.

I doubt very much that every single character will be killed off, or even all of these.  Though I'm certain that either Jon or Daenerys, or both, will die; and that Jaime and Cersei will die.  I doubt that Arya will die.  Sansa and Bran are more likely to die than Arya.  Tyrion might survive, or not.  I'm pretty sure that Sam will live, possibly Gilly and Little Sam too.  Didn't GRRM say that the ending would be "bittersweet" - that implies some happiness or at least a decent life, for some people.  And this business of killing off characters when their "arcs" are done can work sometimes, but would be tiresome if done to all the remaining characters.  I hope that Davos lives, too.  Not sure about Sandor or Brienne; I think they'll get killed.

21 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

What, like Frodo getting stabbed with the Morgul blade at Amon Sul? He never recovered from that.

He was touched (while he was watching the past) and he seemed normal until now. No pain, no damage to his mind (okay, he acts strange, but that has to do with him becoming the Three-Eyed-Raven to quickly), no "white walker presence", which tries to overthrow him. Nothing. Of course, the show can pull the rabbit out of the hat and do what they want, but that would be bad storytelling (in my opinion). And I really don't want to think about all the billion ways the showrunners can ruin the show with bad storytelling.

3 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

No he didn't. 

"Benjen did come back — to save a different Stark in Season 6. ... In yet another parallel to Jon, Benjen was also resurrected. He told Bran that after being killed by wights he was brought back by the Children of the Forest, who pierced his heart with dragonglass (similar to how they created the first White Walkerever)."

How do you figure?

2 hours ago, Ceejtank said:

"Benjen did come back — to save a different Stark in Season 6. ... In yet another parallel to Jon, Benjen was also resurrected. He told Bran that after being killed by wights he was brought back by the Children of the Forest, who pierced his heart with dragonglass (similar to how they created the first White Walkerever)."

How do you figure?

He is not a WW, nor is he quite a wight. "Similar to" doesn't equal exactly--words matter and you need to pay attention to verbiage. In no way does that sentence imply that he is a WW. He doesn't follow the NK and he's not a mindless zombie. The White Walkers were never dead--they were created from living humans. Ben is more similar to Jon, only he doesn't have the full functions of a living person. He does retain the memories of his former life and he has free will, but because of the Children's magic, he can't pass beyond the Wall.

Honestly, at this stage of the game if you don't know the difference I can't help you. 

Archived