Bran becoming the next Night King

Godfrey

4 hours ago, Haskelltier said:

He was touched (while he was watching the past) and he seemed normal until now. No pain, no damage to his mind (okay, he acts strange, but that has to do with him becoming the Three-Eyed-Raven to quickly), no "white walker presence", which tries to overthrow him. Nothing. Of course, the show can pull the rabbit out of the hat and do what they want, but that would be bad storytelling (in my opinion). And I really don't want to think about all the billion ways the showrunners can ruin the show with bad storytelling.

That was actually more of a rhetorical question.

38 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

He is not a WW, nor is he quite a wight. "Similar to" doesn't equal exactly--words matter and you need to pay attention to verbiage. In no way does that sentence imply that he is a WW. He doesn't follow the NK and he's not a mindless zombie. The White Walkers were never dead--they were created from living humans. Ben is more similar to Jon, only he doesn't have the full functions of a living person. He does retain the memories of his former life and he has free will, but because of the Children's magic, he can't pass beyond the Wall.

Honestly, at this stage of the game if you don't know the difference I can't help you. 

Um. Not dead? They have to die to be brought back. Or did you not see little Mormon get crushed by a giant and killed before being risen? Do you think they're sleeping or something? Verbage matters. 

The "similar to" refers to how they pierced him. Not to him being similar to a white Walker. Your attention to detail is bad.

So how would Bran getting touched a season or 2 ago suddenly make him the next NK? We have been shown on screen how the NK was created, with magic and dragon glass in the heart. 

On 4/30/2019 at 9:03 PM, Ceejtank said:

Benjen already went White Walker.

Silly thought:

Maybe they didn't kill Benjen after he saved Jon, they just captured him. I'd have to rewatch, but I don't think he actually died before the CotFM changed him, did he? I thought they pierced his heart with dragon glass to prevent him from dying. Which makes him more similar to the NK than to a White Walker. Maybe he's the next NK. 

Obviously, the most likely thing is that the rest of the show is completely about the Iron Throne, and everything North of Winterfell is forgotten. But it is fun to think about the possibilities until the possibilities are officially ended lol

4 hours ago, Ceejtank said:

Um. Not dead? They have to die to be brought back. Or did you not see little Mormon get crushed by a giant and killed before being risen? Do you think they're sleeping or something? Verbage matters. 

The "similar to" refers to how they pierced him. Not to him being similar to a white Walker. Your attention to detail is bad.

White Walkers are not wights. Lyanna Mormont died and then was raised by the Night King, as a wight. The only making of a WW we witness is when a little baby (Craster's son) is taken in the woods by the WW, brought to the Lands of Always Winter, where the NK touches him on the forehead and his eyes turn blue.

On 4/30/2019 at 5:08 PM, Pacala said:

It has nothing to do with the mark, the 3 eyed raven is the night king. this is how the cycle works at some pint the old one pass his memories, power or whatever you want to call it to a younger one. By stopping this cycle he would have lived forever. the night king is a stark, thats why a stark must always be at winterfell. at some point one stark must become 3 eyed raven and later he will become night king then pick another stark to pass the knowledge.

The actual night king who died in episode 3 killed by Arya wanted to live forever that`s why he tried to kill Bran. killing the old would have stop the cycle but he couldn`t stop the old one pass his knowledge to Bran.

That was his motivation, infinite life. This is what that sign represent, infinite cycle.

um....what?   I don't follow.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:57 PM, LadyOlenna said:

White Walkers are not wights. Lyanna Mormont died and then was raised by the Night King, as a wight. The only making of a WW we witness is when a little baby (Craster's son) is taken in the woods by the WW, brought to the Lands of Always Winter, where the NK touches him on the forehead and his eyes turn blue.

...and Viserion.

As for Bran: My guess is the mark is gone now that the NK is dead.

On 5/1/2019 at 2:25 AM, Godfrey said:

Seems unlikely though i've seen some theories online that Bran could become the next Night King.

Bran has the Night Kings mark on his arm, and Bloodraven told him "he touched you"

This one possible way i could see the show ending (Brans eyes turning blue)

Any thoughts on this?

The scenes in the next three episodes with Bran will likely be interesting now that the Night King is defeated.

I’m not sure how I would feel about that, but it would definitely shake things up quite a bit. 

The show seems to be leading us into believing that the battle for the Iron Throne will serve as the climax. Having the threat of the WW resurface would certainly change the endgame. 

Archived