Cersei's Army

1 hour ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Mercenaries aren't particularly interested in peace. It's bad for business.

General mercenaries no. But Golden Company is special - its stated goal is to return to Westeros and put a Blackfyre on the throne. There being no Blackfyres around, they may settle with a Targ who would offer general pardon and land and titles... And right now there is a ton of free property in the Seven Kingdoms.

4 hours ago, Runaway Penguin said:

General mercenaries no. But Golden Company is special - its stated goal is to return to Westeros and put a Blackfyre on the throne. There being no Blackfyres around, they may settle with a Targ who would offer general pardon and land and titles... And right now there is a ton of free property in the Seven Kingdoms.

It's way, way too late for GoT to start introducing that kind of thing from the books. They're just a bunch of mercs in the show.

15 hours ago, NonoNono said:

They have what they need to kill the dragons (wounded dragons too). And they have the city Dany is trying to take as hostage. They’re in a pretty good spot.

If Dany puts the life of the people if KL at risk instead of backing off to Dragonstone, she will be “the queen of ashes”.

They don't really. If ballistas could realistically neutralize dragons dragons wouldn't be the massive deal they are. Three of them couldn't have defeated an entire fleet without taking a scratch. Sure a sufficiently dedicated force might be willing to face dragons in the hope of wounding or bringing down one but the whole point is mercenaries aren't that dedicated. They're not going to confront dragons praying that they get off a lucky shot or two before they're all incinerated. 

And again if their only plan is to hide in the city to ensure Dany won't use the dragons then it's just a question of how long before they will switch sides. King's Landing will be besieged, they can't break the siege without coming up against the dragons and both food and money will eventually start running out. 

Well, given the show's appetite for Shocking Twists, I don't think we can fully exclude the possibility of the Golden Company turning their backs on Cersei. It could be in favour of Dany or Jon, or it could be simply because they get a better deal (pardons, titles, etc.). To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they just went with the "Ah, but we are actually secret Targaryen loyalists!" kind of solution.

Another curious question for me is Qubyrn and whether he will remain loyal or not. 

// Edit: The theory about Arya and the FM/ Iron Bank is interesting, but it would give Arya way too much importance after she got the honour of offing the NK. I'm assuming she will be more in the background (as far as action goes) for the remaining episodes.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:00 PM, Aderyn said:

// Edit: The theory about Arya and the FM/ Iron Bank is interesting, but it would give Arya way too much importance after she got the honour of offing the NK. I'm assuming she will be more in the background (as far as action goes) for the remaining episodes.

I think there will be an assassin plot involving Arya and it will fail.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:18 AM, hallam said:

I think there will be an assassin plot involving Arya and it will fail.

Yes, I would assume it too after the new ep, but she might die in the attempt.

11 minutes ago, Aderyn said:

Yes, I would assume it too after the new ep, but she might die in the attempt.

I don't see the need to kill her off. She doesn't have a redemption arc to close like the Hound or Jamie. And Maisie Williams is undoubtedly the actress who would could most easily carry a continuation series in a few years time.

It is possible that they switch targets though. They both have to kill the mountain to get to Cersei. 

3 minutes ago, hallam said:

It is possible that they switch targets though. They both have to kill the mountain to get to Cersei. 

Clegane bowl with Arya lending a hand? Now that would be something

// edit: Arya could also be targeting Qyburn

Archived