Possible mutiny

So in the trailer people are cheering about going to war again. Is anyone else surprised? I'd have thought after seeing so much death and losing so many people the soldiers will have had enough. Greyworm was talking about leaving after Danaerys became queen but he seemed to be hit hard by all the deaths and I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

Anyone else expecting her men or even the surviving northerners, vale or wildlings to have had enough?

Mutiny against who? Had they not fought in this battle then everyone in the world would've died. It makes sense that they would see Daenerys in a new light after watching her put her life on the line for them. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Jaime starts getting treated with more respect. 

Grey Worm and the Unsullied will never betray Dany. Why would he? For Missandei? She'd never betray Dany, either. As for the North, they're just starting to get behind her now. She fought for them, and she's about to fight for them again. There may be individual northerners, like Sansa, who still haven't warmed to the idea of bending the knee, but the North as a whole is hers.

20 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

So in the trailer people are cheering about going to war again. Is anyone else surprised? I'd have thought after seeing so much death and losing so many people the soldiers will have had enough. Greyworm was talking about leaving after Danaerys became queen but he seemed to be hit hard by all the deaths and I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

Anyone else expecting her men or even the surviving northerners, vale or wildlings to have had enough?

If the soldiers can't handle war, or don't expect to lose people in war, then I don't know what to say lol. 

21 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

I wouldn't expect the Vale to throw in the towel....comparatively speaking, they are about as fresh of troops as you will find in Westeros. 

The rest, however, absolutely. 

I mean, they did just beat Death, essentially. Even with all the lives lost, that gives them a certain sense of empowerment, sort of like post-battle euphoria. I bet in that moment, Cersei seems like a much smaller obstacle for them. They don't know she has the Golden Company backing her up.

55 minutes ago, Aderyn said:

I mean, they did just beat Death, essentially. Even with all the lives lost, that gives them a certain sense of empowerment, sort of like post-battle euphoria. I bet in that moment, Cersei seems like a much smaller obstacle for them. They don't know she has the Golden Company backing her up.

Yes they do 

I prepare myself that this post-battle celebration turns into something messy as so many feasts before did.

We might leave the party early with the drunken pair of Jaime and Brienne who look for a room in the still damaged castle. Akin to a reversed Edmure/Roslin wedding night we stay with them for a while, watching them struggle with undressing. Some comic whilst the atmosphere in the Great Hall visibly cooles down during speeches. Shift back to the pair reaching climax, opening eyes again, doubt sinking in, silently listening to noise outside the floors. They dress up hastily and with them we see people leaving Winterfell in a rush. There is quite a lot of stabbing going on as all are pretty drunken from the feast. This was just Sansa's intention so she, some northeners, Tyrion and the Vale army would head to the Riverlands without too much resistance from Daenery's and Jon's troops. Brienne is able to keep up with them, but Jaime might be lost for the longest time, searching for a place to fit in. For the Winterfell fraction the retraction of troops signales a common cause with the crown, whereas Tyrion defines a politically neutral area for a Great Council to decide about the future ruler of a constitutional monarchy. He had a similiar deal with Cersei when she was still with Jaime and considered pregnant. Now with Euron she just trades Westeros for Essos and leaves the highly inflamable capital to the dragon queen.

War did not bring peace nor helped it sort personal issues. It is one big distraction.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, Ghostlydragon said:

We don't know why they are cheering. It could easily be them at a feast post battle, cheering that won against the NK and his army.

Archived