Tying Some Things Up This Episode

With three episodes to go they need to be tying things up as we go now. Obviously the main stories go to the end and a perceived battle in Ep05  probably concludes a lot of things but do you think anything will get tied up here and if so what?

Do Jaime and Brienne come clean with each other over their relationship ahead of a final confrontation with Cersei?

Do Jon and Dany have it out over who is the true heir to the throne (or at least talk about how they plan to resolve this)?

Does Gendry court the Night King Slayer for something long term?

Does Euron get any actually plot line other than being Bluto?

Does Ghost get a full scene before the show is over?

All this and more on Game of Soaps...

4 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Do Jaime and Brienne come clean with each other over their relationship ahead of a final confrontation with Cersei?

Nah. I think Jaime knighting Brienne is as close as we're going to get to that ship sailing.

Do Jon and Dany have it out over who is the true heir to the throne (or at least talk about how they plan to resolve this)?

It's certainly going to have to be resolved somehow. Either they'll get married or murder one another.

I'm sure he wants to. Who knows what Arya wants at this point. 

Nope. If they were going to make anything more out of him, they would have done it by now.

Maybe that's what they've been saving their wolf effects budget for over the couple of seasons.

I'll be disappointed if Brienne and Tormund won't get together.

5 hours ago, chatty83 said:

With three episodes to go they need to be tying things up as we go now. Obviously the main stories go to the end and a perceived battle in Ep05  probably concludes a lot of things but do you think anything will get tied up here and if so what?

All this and more on Game of Soaps...

I feel like the easiest solution is for Jon to just marry Dany, that way regardless of if anyone disputes his Targ blood, he can take power through marriage or birth right. It's a win win for him.

And supposedly, Dany can't have baby Targs anyhow so once she is offed, Jon can go on and marry someone that can....(or the obvious precedent by the Targs of having multiple wives at once).

I mean theres also the Night King conflict that still needs to be tied up even though he's dead. Do they accept that is the end and just move on? Does Bran tell us the full story, do we find out what Bran was doing as crows when the battle was on?

Theres a massive Wall half ripped down, do they leave it as it is, rip it down, rebuild it just in case, ignore it and hope no one asks questions?

And what about the far North, that's a whole new area of land that was once inhabited by Walkers and Wildlings that no longer exist, is there other things up there or is it now safe to do whatever on?

24 minutes ago, chatty83 said:

I mean theres also the Night King conflict that still needs to be tied up even though he's dead. Do they accept that is the end and just move on? Does Bran tell us the full story, do we find out what Bran was doing as crows when the battle was on?

Theres a massive Wall half ripped down, do they leave it as it is, rip it down, rebuild it just in case, ignore it and hope no one asks questions?

And what about the far North, that's a whole new area of land that was once inhabited by Walkers and Wildlings that no longer exist, is there other things up there or is it now safe to do whatever on?

D&D don't care and neither should you....

6 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Some things will, somethings will be left dangling. 

Doubt it. That's just not going to happen. 

I think at first, maybe, but I also think towards the end of the episode, he's going to reconsider. 

Dude was turned on by her throwing spear points across a room. He's definitely going to want something. Not sure about Arya, but I hope so. She was turned on by watching in throw down an ax - what will surving the Long Night out in the open do for her? I think it would be awful to break Gendry's heart, and if the show goes that route I will be very sad. 

I think so. I think he's plotting to get rid of Cersei. He wants to be king.

I hope so. He seriously needs to do more. I don't think it will be in this episode but in episode 5. 

What about Nymeria? 

Also what is Cersei’s ‘plan’ for Dany that Qyburn was taking about? I really don’t think her or Tyrion will actually make it to the kingslanding battle. Both will possibly die in this episode.

On 5/1/2019 at 7:49 AM, chatty83 said:

I do not see the Jaime and Brienne friendship as a sexual one, if that is what you mean.  Jaime regains his sense of self and honor by admiring and helping Brienne.  Brienne learns she can trust a man and that one can admire and respect her.  Rather than carnal desires, this relationship aims higher with honor and love and care.  It reminds me of the Daryl and Carol relationship in Walking Dead.  These are 2 human beings who 'get' each other or somehow fit together.  Same with Jaime and Brienne.

I think we'll see Dany writing letters to the lords of Westeros and get rejected(makes no sense, but it's D&D), this is when Jon will come forward with who he real is.... it'll be something like "raised by Ned Stark, with the blood of Rhaegar and the Targaryens in his veins, King in da Norf, King of Westeros!"  Dany gets all pouty and kicks up the Jon/Dany drama before they realize they're idiots and should just get married

We should have Bron's arrival and find out if he will actually try to kill Cersei's brothers for her. 

Someone will probably go to the Iron Islands (with Theon's body?) to let Yara know what happened and recruit her for the fight against Cersei.

I'm still expecting Howland Reed to be called upon as a witness to Jon's true heritage.  If D&D don't do that and they allow Dany to rightly argue that there is no proof other than Bran's claim that he saw it in a vision, I would be pissed, since they made it a point to show us that Howland was there at the Tower of Joy and Meera has referred to him recently as being alive.  In any case, I can see Jon telling Dany that she can have the bloody iron throne, he just wants peace for the North.

Maybe there will be a scene where the Tulleys are recruited for the fight?

Just now, RhaenysBee said:

Well yes, since all actual plot threads have been severed last episode, I don’t suppose we have any other way of spending the next three other than tying up “romances” for Fan service. 

To me the only thing that can save the next ep is if it is finally about r+l=j and we see some flashbacks of rhaegar and lyanna and jon, danny and the starks deal with the emotional ramifications of the revelation.

However it would be extremelly strange and inorganic to do this after the battle...

Archived