Why does the Night King want to kill Bran

Batavian

I thought I saw somewhere posted that if the NK kills bran, he (the NK) becomes immortal. I can’t corroborate that theory. And even if true, doesn’t sound like a compelling reason to focus so much effort on.

They did a pretty poor job of explaining it. The Night King was programmed to hate humanity and Bran is like a "concentrated" version of humanity having all knowledge of humanity stored in his mind...or something. It sounded like something they pulled out of their ass at the last moment to me. Why the Night King had to do it personally and casually stroll over to Bran and stare at him for about 5 minutes before attacking I don't know. 

Thanks Amaretto in letting me know I'm not the only one scratching my head on this. Just about everything else in the HBO series can sorta be explained. But I still don't get it. Reddit had a theory of Bran becoming the Night King which I don't get either. We had this penultimate moment in "The Long Night" in which the NK & forces have breached every line of defense. It seemed to me the series was trying to convey that if the NK kills Bran, it's game over for the humans. My feeling was if Bran dies, who cares? While I like the character Bran, the series was making Bran to be some kind of endgame "King" in a game of chess. Checkmate if you get him. But why?

I think it was an obsession, he wanted to kill Bran, to show that WW are just better than the Greenseer. He also personally killed 3 eyed raven before.

10 hours ago, Amaretto said:

They did a pretty poor job of explaining it. The Night King was programmed to hate humanity and Bran is like a "concentrated" version of humanity having all knowledge of humanity stored in his mind...or something. It sounded like something they pulled out of their ass at the last moment to me. Why the Night King had to do it personally and casually stroll over to Bran and stare at him for about 5 minutes before attacking I don't know. 

Lamest explanation ever.

Everyone will think a cripple is mad shouting out made up stories. Having a person who knows all is no good.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, Batavian said:

I thought I saw somewhere posted that if the NK kills bran, he (the NK) becomes immortal. I can’t corroborate that theory. And even if true, doesn’t sound like a compelling reason to focus so much effort on.

The NK is already effectively immortal. He's thousands of years old, from back to the Age of Legends.

Archived