Pokémon Go: It’s a Shiny World Out There!

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Whelp...this current 7k egg regional egg special for the week has finally neeted me a Far'fetched and a Mr. Mime (4 of those actually).  Eventually I'll get that MewToo and finish of Gen 1...

Congratulations! I've hatched five regionals so far, one Mr. Mime (which I have a bunch of from traveling) and four Tauros, my regional, which is pretty annoying. Here's hoping for Kanghaskhan... but damn, RNG can suck.

Mewtwo should be back in raids for a week starting Tuesday, so hopefully you get one.

• 1 month later...

Ive started playing again, mainly because it makes me walk those extra kilometers every week. Ive struggled with the three excellent in a row challange, but surely, fourteen Tyra candies would be worth it, today i finally did it and got a golett, i was so pleased..

Anyway, if anyone want the extra exp, friend me at 0338 0871 6526.

And FB, open my gift and send me one so that we can become best friends!

2 hours ago, Mikael said:

Ive started playing again, mainly because it makes me walk those extra kilometers every week. Ive struggled with the three excellent in a row challange, but surely, fourteen Tyra candies would be worth it, today i finally did it and got a golett, i was so pleased..

Anyway, if anyone want the extra exp, friend me at 0338 0871 6526.

And FB, open my gift and send me one so that we can become best friends!

Who are you, lol! I’ll also add you to my main account if you want!

I am so tired of getting Eevee as the research reward, it used to always be a legendary.  I don't do large raids, I don't see myself ever getting past this stage of the Jump Start Research quest.

Same here.  I can't believe they did Eevee for 2 months.  I will be happy to see what we get in November.

I took several months off and came back just before the start of the Gen5s. I'm liking the challenges, but I have only managed 50 psychic/steel  on my yellow account.  My son had just evolved a Feebass, so it took forever to do another, so he's way behind. (I've been playing his account since he quit some time ago.  I also sometimes still do my red account...mostly to switch gym colors so I can get my daily 50gp)

I have my phone and a broken screen phone I hotspot to mine that I use, but I haven't been able to make 3 great throws in a row on the broken screen so I'm going to have to switch them around (sometimes the balls get stuck in the cracks of the screen, it's pretty funny, and annoying at the same time). I normally just alternate my son's and the red account on the broken phone.

I need to battle a friend 7 times, so I really need to get the other accounts caught up.

I did not know I will have to be battling friends.  That will suck, I agree I may make a dummy account on my work phone.

I had a Feebus ready thankfully, I have not evolved any of the crazy candy pokemon in fear of a quest like this.

I am two steel/psychic away and hit a rut.  Have not seen one for a few days.

But I sure do like having more tasks than before, it has made it less annoying to see nothing but lilipups. 

1 hour ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I don't know... sounds like a slippery slope to this:

https://globalnews.ca/news/5773060/pokemon-go-phones-driver-washington-trooper/

I knew what you were going to post! I laugh at the people who show up with 4 phones to raids, but I do know lots of folks with 2 or more accounts of their own. Many people show up with their kid’s phone, or a sibling’s or a parent’s. One friend got a temporary ban because she started a raid with her mom’s account just when her mom decided she needed to catch some Pokémon, lol. She called her mom and lectured her, saying ‘I told you I was doing raid hour for you!’

So I bought a ticket for the Colossal Discovery event this weekend, but I feel like it does set a bad precedent. I've remarked before that I like that this game does genuinely allow for free play. I spend a bit each month nowadays, but have in the past gone for several months without needing to contribute cash and it hasn't hampered me. This is the first thing I've seen in the game for which paying actual cash money up front is required. We can confidently predict it won't be the last. 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:41 PM, Vaughn said:

The battle another trainer thing sucks. Getting friends is easy enough through Reddit but coordinating a battles is a hassle. Probably going to have to set up a spoof account to get that done. 

I solved this issue by simply getting my 9 year old to play his account for a while...he doesn't use it very often any more, so I simply use it to do the occasional trade when needed and battle with a friend...getting him the new friends he needs when we do try to advance his challenges down the road, that will be the hard part, since I want to control that for him...

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I solved this issue by simply getting my 9 year old to play his account for a while...he doesn't use it very often any more, so I simply use it to do the occasional trade when needed and battle with a friend...getting him the new friends he needs when we do try to advance his challenges down the road, that will be the hard part, since I want to control that for him...

When ‘make 3 friends’ comes up I’m happy to be one. And he’ll get a bit of distance, though others here might also agree to be friends and provide huge kilometers!

Archived