Pokémon Go: It’s a Shiny World Out There!

Fragile Bird

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

These research tasks which require team gym raids are bullshit.

Which ones? I generally don't play those tasks very much...

Hell I was excited when I finally beat the second Rocket Boss out of three...after ll this time...

Oh raids, right. I got a bit hung up on "team gym raids" like that was some new thing.

I've been using a discord server to find people to join my raids via remote passes and just using my single free raid pass per day and haven't had much difficulty at all with them. The only issue I had is that I'm living in a pretty small town so there aren't many gyms, which means I'm at the mercy of what raids decide to spawn with the worry that the right ones won't be spawned when I'm available to go out and host them. I'm holding on to the free remotes they gave out for the upcoming mewtwo and bird trio raids.

3 hours ago, Karlbear said:

The valentine's day timed challenge, which requires latios, latias, umbreon and espeon (and alolamola if you haven't done that by a quest).

And yeah, it sucks.

This is what I'm referring to.

Still have the trade with three friends research thing hanging until there's distance trading too but I've grown to accept that one.

Augmented reality game Pokemon Go has landed up in an Indian court over allegations it is hurting the religious sentiments of millions of vegetarians. The high court in Gujarat state was asked to ban the game because its images of eggs in places of worship were "blasphemous" to Hindus and Jains.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-india-37294286&ved=2ahUKEwjc0ua3yPLuAhVYfSsKHfSyCsQQFjACegQIAhAG&usg=AOvVaw2_qIEh7FuX98-xhDiFSsem&ampcf=1

Blah blah blah 

I've gotten pretty in to raiding after a slow start, albeit just using my daily free pass. Do those of you who're struggling want some advice? I don't wanna offer any that's unwelcome though.

5 hours ago, Poobah said:

I've gotten pretty in to raiding after a slow start, albeit just using my daily free pass. Do those of you who're struggling want some advice? I don't wanna offer any that's unwelcome though.

Sure although can you solo a Latias raid?

9 hours ago, Vaughn said:

Sure although can you solo a Latias raid?

Well sort of, I mean I can win one when there's no one around locally anyway. What I do is I use This Discord to find people who want to join me remotely - I won't say it's a guaranteed win because you often get people who join who have no idea what pokemon to bring, or are quite low level, though just as often you get really strong trainers and most often it's enough of a mix that you get through albeit not with a ton of time left on the clock. Still I've literally never had trouble finding 5 people to join any legendary raid boss there, once you're set up with their bot and understand how it works it's very fast and efficient to post that you have a raid and get interest, people will be selected randomly from those who want to join and it's their responsibility to add you if you're the host so it's very little work on my end.

In terms of picking my team and figuring out what the best mons to power up in general I've found the Silph Road community and their subreddit to be invaluable, as well as a number of other sites that produce guides, infographics, and ratings of pokemon for pogo, like LeekDuck and the PoGo part of Gamepress.

• 2 weeks later...

With the Go Rocket leaders changing their lineups, what are folks using to get past Cliff's Aerodactyl?  I have a perfect Mamoswine and a very solid Electivire but they get crushed - I've tried a Machamp and it gets mostly through it but still gets beaten when they Aero is at 25% or something.  Same thing with Sierra's Hippo.

For Sierra I go with Zekrom, Swampert, and Rhyperior. If she has hippo swampert works great. Zekrom takes down Carvanha without needing charged attacks, and I use its charged attacks as soon as I get them in order to drop the shields.

For any team rocket - remember that you get a massive advantage in that you get 2-3 free attacks without their attacking any time you switch pokemon or any time after any charged attack. 

Cliff and Aerodactyl is a massive pain. I've been using Rhyperior with rock wrecker to lead and if it's getting wrecked, will switch to Lucario with powerup punch to stun lock it. Lucario with Power up punch against team rocket is absolutely insane - it's a 3-bar charge move that boosts your fast attack and charged attack damage, and if you switch mons and use it they'll only get one or two fast attacks in between PUP charges. 

For Cliff's Aerodactyl I'd suggest a Vaporeon with Water Gun and Aqua Tail - it's a commonly available and quite tanky pokemon and those moves allow you to nearly spam him into a stunlock since rockets take a while to start attacking again after each charge move you use, this also has the advantage of taking down both of his shields quickly. Kyogre also works but obviously a Kyogre is a bigger investment to get up to power, and waterfall/surf is a bit slower to get going, albeit harder hitting.

Thanks - I have one Lucario and was able to boost it up a good amount; made the difference.  Got a ton of Vaporeon but nothing that is really good.

Still struggling to get 4 of the evolutions of Evee so I'll have plenty of chances for a good one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Having set this up for my 6 yr old, and then trying to help, I’ve succumbed to the game very late. Still trying to get my head around rads and battles, but think I’m nearly there. Code is 3888 1263 4518. Would love any friends

43 minutes ago, Deedles said:

Having set this up for my 6 yr old, and then trying to help, I’ve succumbed to the game very late. Still trying to get my head around rads and battles, but think I’m nearly there. Code is 3888 1263 4518. Would love any friends

Sure. I'll add u now. My id is boldfox

On 8/23/2021 at 5:28 AM, Deedles said:

I'll look you up. 

• 1 month later...

Archived