Is Tyrion going to die in this episode?

Talking about how fans might feel towards Bronn after the end of the show Jerome Flynn said that “I don’t know, they might not love him as much as they do right now... But I hope they still do. He is who he is and what he says, isn’t he? And he’ll do what he needs to get his castle.” So personally I am expecting him to kill Tyrion. Besides, he has become a fairly unlikable character over these past two seasons, so I wouldn't honestly mind that. 

5 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Wow, you just really don't want to have anything positive to say about Sansa it seems. Look, I like Dany's character too. That doesn't mean that if there is conflict between Sansa and Dany that I need to trash Sansa. They have different positions. Different needs. Different perspectives.

I'll admit, for each passing episode, I like Sansa less and less. She has been on my "don't really like her but I feel bad for her"-list on the majority of the show, but for every scene right now she sinks closer and closer to active dislike. 

It began already in S6 with the Sansa/Jon-tensions, then in S7 with Sansa/Arya-tensions, and now in S8 it continues with Sansa/Daenerys-tensions.
It seems wherever Sansa is, there needs to be some sort of (pointless) tension and frankly I'm tired of it.

She is not acting like a petty child. Dany represents a serious problem for her as a Northern leader, and Jon too even if he doesn't see it. Sansa was there and witnessed what happened when her father went South, Robb became King and then was betrayed and slaughtered by his OWN bannermen. If a Stark doesn't push back a bit, someone else in the North will and she and her family will be dead.

I mean, you don't think she does but I do, and clearly I'm not the only one. You don't antagonize the one person who is in a position to help you, but Sansa continuously throws shade at Daenerys.

There's no reason for her to do that if all she cares about is the well-being of the northerners, but she does it anyway, which, for a character that learned the "smile and wave"-game several seasons ago and managed to survive Joffrey, makes no sense what so ever. 

I genuinely don't understand your "Stark needs to push back a bit"-statement. The Targaryens and Starks are allies in this endeavor, yet there is more tension between them than there is between Cersei and Euron... 

Dany is asking the Northerners to go South AGAIN to fight Cersei.

She is? When? I'm genuinely curious.
All I've heard is Daenerys asking them to submit and accept her as their queen. 
This does not automatically equate to "Go south and fight Cersei for me". 

Sansa knows what Cersei is capable of, and also that by bending the knee to Dany, Jon made himself a target of Cersei, which means he made the North a target.

....eh?

Cersei already hates Sansa, and clearly had no qualms about killing Jon-"the bastard who calls himself king"-Snow last season.
Jon and Sansa killed the Boltons who where the Wardens of the North due to the Lannisters in the first place.
Last season she sent a raven north and asked them to come to King's Landing and bend the knee.

The North was already very much a target, and I can't imagine how Cersei would leave them alone just because you take Daenerys and Jon's knee-bending out of the equation. No, if Cersei had found a way to deal with Daenerys, the very next thing on her agenda would've been to deal with the North (and the Vale.)

I don't think that Sansa believes this however, and this is just your assumption.
When it comes to Cersei, Sansa is actually the brightest bulb in the chandelier, I'll give her that.

Cersei is just as capable of turning Northern bannermen against the Starks as Tywin was. Far better if SANSA is the one Cersei thinks she can use to make her enemies kill each other. But to do that she needs to strongly appear to be against Dany.

I strongly disagree with this statement, and I see nothing backing it up. 

As for her chat with Tyrion, that was a warning to him. She is playing a high stakes political game with long term goals for her people and her family, and if he seems to be too close to her he will get himself in trouble. She basically stated, while Missandei could hear, that Tyrion was loyal to Dany. Which frankly was a very helpful thing for her to do for him.

If it was an actual "don't get near me, you'll get into trouble"-warning to Tyrion, then the show did a really bad job at depicting it, especially since we later on see them holding hands and sharing a very tender "we're about to die"-scene. Tyrion seems genuinely conflicted (again...), and if Sansa uses this for her own gains then, given the situation they where in, I'll redact my previous statement: It's not petty, it's outright evil. Littlefinger would be so proud.

Anyway, let me ask you this: What can Daenerys do in order to make Sansa trust/like/stop aggravating her, except for northern independence? 

I think @Cas Stark said it well earlier in this topic:

I hate Dany and her bend the knee BS, but at this point, she sacrificed a dragon, the entire Dothraki people, many/most of the unsullied and her oldest advisor Jorah Mormont to protect the North and Winterfell.  I would tell Sansa to bend the knee or prepare to burn.

And just a small endnote @Hippocras: please don't take this personally. I rather enjoy discussing GoT from opposing views. :)

58 minutes ago, Fiery Heart said:

Talking about how fans might feel towards Bronn after the end of the show Jerome Flynn said that “I don’t know, they might not love him as much as they do right now... But I hope they still do. He is who he is and what he says, isn’t he? And he’ll do what he needs to get his castle.” So personally I am expecting him to kill Tyrion. Besides, he has become a fairly unlikable character over these past two seasons, so I wouldn't honestly mind that. 

Best post so far. However, he could just be saying the fans wouldn’t like that he technically ‘agreed’ to do it for Cersei. It’s very vague.

On 5/2/2019 at 8:05 AM, Hippocras said:

It is actually quite possible, so long as he has some important conversations and dreams up some important strategies first. Think about it; what would his death do to advance the plot? Many things I think.

1. The effect on Jaime would be profound. For now he is just in the North to fight for the living and keep his word. But Tyrion's death might convince him to actually pledge his sword to someone there. This has big endgame consequences.

2. Dany would lose the second of only two advisors capable of and trying to restrain her worst impulses, just before she plans to attack KL.

I think the loss of Tyrion could have interesting effects on the story that make it a real possibility.

So is that a yes or a no on the wager? I want to make sure I've got cash on hand.

7 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Wow, you just really don't want to have anything positive to say about Sansa it seems. Look, I like Dany's character too. That doesn't mean that if there is conflict between Sansa and Dany that I need to trash Sansa. They have different positions. Different needs. Different perspectives.

She is not acting like a petty child. Dany represents a serious problem for her as a Northern leader, and Jon too even if he doesn't see it. Sansa was there and witnessed what happened when her father went South, Robb became King and then was betrayed and slaughtered by his OWN bannermen. If a Stark doesn't push back a bit, someone else in the North will and she and her family will be dead.

Dany is asking the Northerners to go South AGAIN to fight Cersei. Sansa knows what Cersei is capable of, and also that by bending the knee to Dany, Jon made himself a target of Cersei, which means he made the North a target. Cersei is just as capable of turning Northern bannermen against the Starks as Tywin was. Far better if SANSA is the one Cersei thinks she can use to make her enemies kill each other. But to do that she needs to strongly appear to be against Dany.

As for her chat with Tyrion, that was a warning to him. She is playing a high stakes political game with long term goals for her people and her family, and if he seems to be too close to her he will get himself in trouble. She basically stated, while Missandei could hear, that Tyrion was loyal to Dany. Which frankly was a very helpful thing for her to do for him.

i agree. dany will likely go psycho if she knew that sansa and tyrion were together. missqndei too blind by dqnys to see who she really is.

7 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

i agree. dany will likely go psycho if she knew that sansa and tyrion were together. missqndei too blind by dqnys to see who she really is.

And who is this, please do tell...

Is she Satan in disguise? R'hllor? The fire aspect of the Great Other?

Every good deed Daenerys has ever accomplished, every life she has saved, means for naught, because after all, she did burn two people at the stake during wartime, and she did crucify the mereneese slave-masters in an eye-for-an-eye maneuver. 

:dunno:

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

And who is this, please do tell...

Is she Satan in disguise? R'hllor? The fire aspect of the Great Other?

Every good deed Daenerys has ever accomplished, every life she has saved, means for naught, because after all, she did burn two people at the stake during wartime, and she did crucify the mereneese slave-masters in an eye-for-an-eye maneuver. 

:dunno:

Some see her like this. I don't. I just see her as a bit of an ideologue. So convinced of her righteousness that she believes the end justifies the means. She did indeed do a good thing coming to the North. But that is still blocking her from seeing that maybe her lifelong goal is flawed, and the tools at her disposal are themselves problems.

1 hour ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

So is that a yes or a no on the wager? I want to make sure I've got cash on hand.

Nope. As I said somewhere in a different post, I think dead or not dead are equally likely so not betting. I am just pointing out that Tyrion's death may indeed happen because it would have interesting story consequences. But he may live. "I think we might live!" he said. Ha ha. Maybe that group around the fire will be the only ones who do!

The plot armor is still strong with all our main characters. Episode 4 is going to be a lot of talking/preparing for the next big battle. In the end, Tyrion will probably die (my guess).

9 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Dany is asking the Northerners to go South AGAIN to fight Cersei. Sansa knows what Cersei is capable of, and also that by bending the knee to Dany, Jon made himself a target of Cersei, which means he made the North a target. Cersei is just as capable of turning Northern bannermen against the Starks as Tywin was. Far better if SANSA is the one Cersei thinks she can use to make her enemies kill each other. But to do that she needs to strongly appear to be against Dany.

i am sick of the sansa hate. she is doing when jon shoul been doing fighting for the north. I just dont get why dany thinks she needs the throne. it would have been better for her just to stay in essos. she is more annoying then " evil".

3 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

it would have been better for her just to stay in essos

Well, RIP everyone in The North, and probably the rest of Westeros I suppose. 
(If we assume that the NK had another way to get past the wall that is.)

55 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

The plot armor is still strong with all our main characters. Episode 4 is going to be a lot of talking/preparing for the next big battle. In the end, Tyrion will probably die (my guess).

i really doubt that he is going to betrayal dany for his sister. maybe sansa but not his sister.

6 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Well, RIP everyone in The North, and probably the rest of Westeros I suppose. 
(If we assume that the NK had another way to get past the wall that is.)

Yes, it is an interesting puzzle. There is no doubt Dany's army was helpful in the fight at Winterfell (the Unsullied anyway. Less so the Dothraki). In the end the dragons couldn't help much because of the weather problem, though I suppose at least Dany and Jon prevented the NK from blue fire roasting everyone on the ground. You do have to wonder though how and if the NK might have got past the wall without a dragon.

On the other hand, if he did not get past the wall, there would not have been a confrontation resulting in his defeat. So really hard to put together a pro-con list for Dany's trip North in spite of good intensions.

38 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

i really doubt that he is going to betrayal dany for his sister. maybe sansa but not his sister.

Maybe Sansa. The only reason I could see it being Cersei is because throughout the show he makes a lot of comments about doing what's best for the family, betting on his family, not betraying his family.... though he did kill his father. So who knows. If they do it for Sansa, that would make more sense and I think I would be alright with that.

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Maybe Sansa. The only reason I could see it being Cersei is because throughout the show he makes a lot of comments about doing what's best for the family, betting on his family, not betraying his family.... though he did kill his father. So who knows. If they do it for Sansa, that would make more sense and I think I would be alright with that.

What does Sansa have to offer him?  Is she going to be his wife and then the children ruling Winterfell are Lannisters?  Why would she do that?  Why would the North support that? 

His sister has just sent Bronn to kill him, why would he betray the woman who forgave his bad counsel and made him hand for his sister who wants him dead?

Of course none of this has to make sense at this point because : drama/shock/twists, I guess. 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:03 AM, MinscS2 said:

Huh? If anything their ruling style (leading from the front and actively fighting for your own people and wanting to help people: "helping people from a position of strength, sometimes strength is terrible", etc) are very similar, it's one of the reasons why they started liking each other in S7. 

As for priorities, that has up to this point been different, but a shift in priorities is easier to do than a shift in ruling style (which essentially boils down to ones personality.)

As for northern independence, am I the only one who feels that this feels super-forced?
(Especially Sansas borderline possession with it? Where did that come from anyway?)

The North is by far the most independent out of the 7K already.
Southerners rarely come there and they don't like it there, and the northerners don't really welcome them with open arms.
So far their war for independence has only caused death and turmoil for themselves.
Why is being a part of the 7K so horrible for them? What would they gain from breaking loose? Lower taxes?

Amen. I think the North would be perfectly happy if Jon was ruling alongside Dany. I think the problem they had was how quickly he bent the knee. He could potentially name Sansa the Warden of the North. Would the Northmen be okay with a woman Warden as long as she is a Stark of Winterfell?

18 minutes ago, LadyBlackwater said:

Would the Northmen be okay with a woman Warden as long as she is a Stark of Winterfell?

I don't see why not. The Northerners at least have some precedence of women being the heads of house. Granted, warden of the north is a more weighty title, but they do seem to recognize the potential for strong female leadership.

Archived