Arya to become the "Night Queen"?

Duckfield

I read some speculations online that Arya might gradually start turning into a WW. I guess this speculation is based on the fact that the NK converted babies by simply touching them (on the cheek IIRC) and when Arya stabbed the NK he was holding her by the throat.

I don't think we had any other human have direct contact with the NK other than Arya and that baby from season 4. I'm 99.99% sure this won't happen, but if it does then I think I'll find episode 3 a lot less disappointing because the WW story line won't be so easily resolved after all.

1 hour ago, Duckfield said:

I guess this speculation is based on the fact that the NK converted babies by simply touching them

I took place at an altar and involved magic. The baby does not "simply" turn by touch. The Nightking wanted to turn the baby and applied the necessary magic.

1 hour ago, Duckfield said:

when Arya stabbed the NK he was holding her by the throat.

Secondly, the NK is dead now and probably all his power nullified.

I don't expect any weird transformation to occur.

1 hour ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

The conversion of the baby was ritualistic. Like the Night King's own creation.

This, it's no a disease that you contract by touching him.

Sadly you will have to wait for the books if you want a proper ending to the NK saga.

Actually, it would be pretty interesting if whoever kills the NK becomes the NK. 

It would make the WWs something inevitable and answer why the NK was put somewhere behind the wall instead of killed. 

It would make a lot of sense for the show. 

33 minutes ago, MagicPen said:

This, it's no a disease that you contract by touching him.

Sadly you will have to wait for the books if you want a proper ending to the NK saga.

1: The night king isn't in the books, so probably not.

2. There won't be any more books published in the series, so probably not.

20 minutes ago, Wagshell said:

1: The night king isn't in the books, so probably not.

2. There won't be any more books published in the series, so probably not.

While I consider myself a pessimist, I would still believe we get this 1 book. We won't see the series finished, but we will get the one book.

It would be cool but I doubt it. While I'm sure that the NK could turn her into a WW if he wanted to, I don't think he even throught about it, let alone actually doing it. He just wanted to stop her and he would probably kill her if she didn't kill him first, so there was no point into turning her into a WW.

33 minutes ago, a girl knows nothing said:

I wonder if Bran's mark from the Night King touching him is gone now. 

Not sure but I don't think it matters. Either it disappeared, or Bran will have a souvenir for the rest of his life. I doubt that the mark will be ever adressed again in the show.

I was thinking the same thing, that when the NK touched Arya she would somehow become the night queen. We wont know this until after the battle for king's landing where many people will die and only a few of main characters are left. But they can barely rejoice when they hear some commotion from outside the red keep. They see the army of the dead attacking! Jon and the remaining survivors are quickly ushered to the remaining Greyjoy ships. As the last ship departs, the night queen stands at the shore. Even though her looks have changed a bit, Jon recognizes Arya. There is a brief flashback showing how she became the night queen after the night king touched her and how she ended up killing Bran/ the three eyed raven and "awakening" all the dead from the battle of Winterfel. 

The very last scene is Arya standing at the shore, Jon staring at her in his departing ship, Arya raises her hands and all the dead fighters of the battle for kings landing come alive (similar to Hardome). There is a chill among the survivors as they sail away to some island. The night king was never defeated. He won.

Archived