Alys Karstark

We didn't see her die, but we can safely assume that she died, as Theon was the last one to die out of Bran's original protectors.

Why Alys, joined the suicide squad in the first place is anyone's guess, as is why they didn't show us when she died. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's alive next episode, and that they simply used the actress as an "Ironborn extra #42".

in retrospect I feel like a better use of her would've been to stick her in the Totally Safe Crypts Of Total Safety (wink wink) as a sort of token representation of Northern Lordship and give her one line of something like "we're doomed aren't we?" or she starts freaking out, giving Sansa a chance to show her stuff in a callback to Maegor's Holdfast where she gives a reassuring speech to everyone that improves morale (or at least staves off an outbreak of Cabin Fever) to show off what an expert politician she's become, and then have her privately admit to Tyrion that no we're fucked and there's nothing we can do about it but there's no point in telling everyone else that and having a panicked riot break out in the crypts because that's the one way things can actually get worse.

And then when the undead breach the crypt you could have one of them kill off Karstark or whatever to underscore idea that no one is safe and in retrospect having the other 10 year old girl lord [Lyanna Mormont] out in the combat zone giving her life taking out the wight giant doesn't look quite so insane because nowhere was safe so the fighters might as well go down fighting.

But instead she's not only on the front line but as a grunt under Theon's command in the We're All Going To Die By Design regiment which makes all kinds of no sense.

Or who knows, maybe she'll show up hale and hearty out of nowhere next week just like Ghost. ;)

5 minutes ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

in retrospect I feel like a better use of her would've been to stick her in the Totally Safe Crypts Of Total Safety (wink wink) as a sort of token representation of Northern Lordship and give her one line of something like "we're doomed aren't we?" or she starts freaking out, giving Sansa a chance to show her stuff in a callback to Maegor's Holdfast where she gives a reassuring speech to everyone that improves morale (or at least staves off an outbreak of Cabin Fever) to show off what an expert politician she's become, and then have her privately admit to Tyrion that no we're fucked and there's nothing we can do about it but there's no point in telling everyone else that and having a panicked riot break out in the crypts because that's the one way things can actually get worse.

And then when the undead breach the crypt you could have one of them kill off Karstark or whatever to underscore idea that no one is safe and in retrospect having the other 10 year old girl lord [Lyanna Mormont] out in the combat zone giving her life taking out the wight giant doesn't look quite so insane because nowhere was safe so the fighters might as well go down fighting.

See D&D, this is how you write stuff. 

51 minutes ago, longest night said:

Alys survived, she's in the episode 4 preview at the feast. How she survived? Girl power.

She is? Jesus Christ... :lmao:

Well then, from now on in my personal headcanon, she hid in the crypts, and the clearly Alys-but-not-Alys that went to the Godswoods with Theon and Bran was a different character (Ironborn #42) that simply was played by the same actress.

9 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I thought Sapochnik was a master at doing battles, but that was one of the most badly shot battles I have ever seen on screen.  What a freaking embarrassment.

Hey now - this is about the unseen fate of Alys Karstark.  Please take comments like these to a different thread.   :)

Or are you referring to Alys' fate?

13 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

We didn't see her die, but we can safely assume that she died, as Theon was the last one to die out of Bran's original protectors.

Why Alys, joined the suicide squad in the first place is anyone's guess, as is why they didn't show us when she died. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's alive next episode, and that they simply used the actress as an "Ironborn extra #42".

Ironborn Extra #42 :lol: :D  Love it!

Archived