What will happen to Jaime? Who will he fight for?

I'm guessing he still hesitates to kill Cersei, as much as he hates her. But seeing as I DO NOT think the show will kill off Tyrion, maybe Cersei will kill off Brienne and that will be the thing that pushes Jamie over the edge to kill Cersei. 

But seeing how they totally ruined Jons arc. Who knows what D&D will go with. Yeah Jamie kinda completed his arc of redemption but he still has unfinished business with Cersei. If I look at the past events like Battle of the Bastards, we won because of Sansa. Beyond the Wall we survived because of Dany. The Long Night was won because of Arya. There's a clear pattern there. Which unfortunately, makes me think Jamie won't get that satisfaction. Maybe it'll be Arya again or Dany or Sansa or Brienne.

He fought for the living. I think he plans to go back to KL to deal with Cersei. I don’t think he would join the war against KL. Also once they leave WF Dany could arrest him.

And Bronn has to do something with him.

Just now, NonoNono said:

He fought for the living. I think he plans to go back to KL to deal with Cersei. I don’t think he would join the war against KL. Also once they leave WF Dany could arrest him.

Bronn is going to kill Tyrion - which will push Jaime to kill Cersei 

I don't think he will go back to fighting for Cersei. Especially since she now wants him dead. He chose to fight for the living in the Great War so if they let him, I think  he will continue to fight for Daenerys. I think he could finally turn away from Cersei for good if pushed hard enough. Whether or not turning up at Kings Landing is a good idea or not remains to be seen. 

2 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Doubt it. Tyrion can double whatever Cersei is paying Bronn.

Bronn won't kill Tyrion or Jaime. He is not loyal to Cersei he never has been. He is loyal to ever pays him and to whoever he believes will be the most beneficial to him. He's fought for both Tyrion and Jaime in the past and built up a certain level of allegiance to them. He won't kill them for Cersei when he knows he won't get anything in return- which he won't off Cersei. 

19 minutes ago, cirah1712 said:

Bronn won't kill Tyrion or Jaime. He is not loyal to Cersei he never has been. He is loyal to ever pays him and to whoever he believes will be the most beneficial to him. He's fought for both Tyrion and Jaime in the past and built up a certain level of allegiance to them. He won't kill them for Cersei when he knows he won't get anything in return- which he won't off Cersei. 

Wasn't he technically already paid by Cersei back in episode 1?

While I don't think that Bronn will kill either Jamie or Tyrion, it wouldn't be completely out of character for him to do so if he's received a wagon-load of gold for it already. Especially Jamie has a considerable "debt" to Bronn that is yet to be paid. 

9 hours ago, NonoNono said:

I don't think he has a choice. It is very clear at this point, with the dwindling arcs and plot.....there is Cersei and everyone else. Jaime can't sit this one out. He may pull a punch against actually killing Gold Cloaks or something, but he will be commanding troops or assisting Jan and Dany's forces. Or he will flip and try to protect Cersei. He isn't going to be in some MIA limbo BS. 

9 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Bronn is going to kill Tyrion - which will push Jaime to kill Cersei 

This would be super interesting....really the first and only actual potential plot that has made me consider the possible outcome. I still think Tyion ends up Lord of The Rock, so I think maybe Bronn kills Jaime (since he is, admittedly so) diminished as a combatant....Bronn knows that and would take advantage, assuming he can get Tyrion at any point. But he never gets a solid shot at Tyrion due to the march south going so quickly, Tyrion finds out and kills Cersei. 

8 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Doubt it. Tyrion can double whatever Cersei is paying Bronn.

I love this but lets face it, especially right now, he can't....not even close lol

2 hours ago, nyser1 said:

Immediately after the battle you all expect he will simply join Dany/Jon then?

Pretty much. Or, to put it slightly different: He'll be where Tyrion is.

9 hours ago, cirah1712 said:

He already was hired by cersei way back and she screwed him. remember when she paid him not to fight for tyrion. She went back on the deal before bron could marry that girl and get his castle. He has seen cersei screw over everyone. When he was with tyrion he was paid well consistantly and treated well by tyrion. Jaime and him were friends but he went a long time without getting paid and never got his castle and highborn wife. And after betraying tyrion by not helping him which is what she hired him to do.

So with tyrion he got paid well and never got screwed over and had stability. With cersei...if he works for her he is stupid

4 hours ago, Wik said:

I don't think he has a choice. It is very clear at this point, with the dwindling arcs and plot.....there is Cersei and everyone else. Jaime can't sit this one out. He may pull a punch against actually killing Gold Cloaks or something, but he will be commanding troops or assisting Jan and Dany's forces. Or he will flip and try to protect Cersei. He isn't going to be in some MIA limbo BS. 

This would be super interesting....really the first and only actual potential plot that has made me consider the possible outcome. I still think Tyion ends up Lord of The Rock, so I think maybe Bronn kills Jaime (since he is, admittedly so) diminished as a combatant....Bronn knows that and would take advantage, assuming he can get Tyrion at any point. But he never gets a solid shot at Tyrion due to the march south going so quickly, Tyrion finds out and kills Cersei. 

I love this but lets face it, especially right now, he can't....not even close lol

He risks facing another "burn them all" moment, but this time under Dany. He didn't save KL to have it burned by dragons.

Jaime has already switched sides twice and, his story arc has come to almost full circle from a boy who always wanted to be a knight, who then became one and soon realized all the conflicts in knighthood; fell from grace, had harsh lessons and redeemed himself. Jaime has finally come to terms with knighthood and he finally is a true knight he always wanted to be.

All that is left for Jaime is to conclude his arc and betraying his Queen again is not it.

Oh and Bronn is not killing Jaime. Bronn is a wannabe mercenary at this point, a hired gun would not jump in front of a dragon breath to save his client. A friend might.

And Bronn is far less killing Tyrion than he is Jaime. The bromance there in the show was too real. Bronn will tell his mates of Cersei's plan the first opportunity he gets. He already got paid and one of the sides is going to get killed anyway. Bronn will choose the Brothers Lannister Ltd. 100/100 times over Cersei.

2 hours ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

Jaime has already switched sides twice and, his story arc has come to almost full circle from a boy who always wanted to be a knight, who then became one and soon realized all the conflicts in knighthood; fell from grace, had harsh lessons and redeemed himself. Jaime has finally come to terms with knighthood and he finally is a true knight he always wanted to be.

All that is left for Jaime is to conclude his arc and betraying his Queen again is not it.

I am all for Jaime siding with team Stargaryen but...

He "swore" to fight for the living against the Night King. He explicitly refuses to apologize for his actions and says that he did them to protect his family. Cersei may have made moves behind his back but that does not mean we know he will forsake her.

34 minutes ago, funpig said:

Kingslayer becomes Queenslayer by killing Cersei because he realizes she has to be stopped.  He then throws himself off a tower which completes the circle from the first season.

Feasible but I hope he does not commit suicide.

Archived