What will happen to Jaime? Who will he fight for?

On 5/4/2019 at 3:17 PM, nyser1 said:

I am all for Jaime siding with team Stargaryen but...

He "swore" to fight for the living against the Night King. He explicitly refuses to apologize for his actions and says that he did them to protect his family. Cersei may have made moves behind his back but that does not mean we know he will forsake her.

I feel like the ONLY reasonable way Jaime kills Cersei is A) Bronn kills Tyrion or very nearly does and tells Jaime the plot and this upsets Jaime OR he finds out about a plot where Cersei has plans to destroy KL rather than see it fall into someone elses hands and tries to save the people in the city over choosing Cersei. 

Short of that, I can't see him picking basically anyone else over her. 

1 hour ago, Wik said:

I feel like the ONLY reasonable way Jaime kills Cersei is A) Bronn kills Tyrion or very nearly does and tells Jaime the plot and this upsets Jaime OR he finds out about a plot where Cersei has plans to destroy KL rather than see it fall into someone elses hands and tries to save the people in the city over choosing Cersei. 

Short of that, I can't see him picking basically anyone else over her. 

Actually he seems pretty impressed with Bran right now. He probably feels like he owes Bran a lot. That and the fact that he loves Brienne makes me think he might become Bran’s protector. Sansa has Brienne, Arya has the Hound and Bran gets Jaime and all of course collaborate.

16 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

Actually he seems pretty impressed with Bran right now. He probably feels like he owes Bran a lot. That and the fact that he loves Brienne makes me think he might become Bran’s protector. Sansa has Brienne, Arya has the Hound and Bran gets Jaime and all of course collaborate.

Would be a cool resolution but I feel like Jaime is dead by story end. He has done his redemption and has atoned for his sins, for the most part, he is now a handless former swordsman who isn't as clever as his brother and isn't as good of a fighter as say, The Hound. He is kind of a misfit in that particular sense and I feel like he has been destine to die since Clash.

I always reserve the right to be wrong LOL but I feel like the Lannisters, especially, are too old and proud to become bodyguards to Stark kids that a few (timeline wise) years ago they considered to be mortal enemies with. 

I'd bet Jaime goes back and tells them he did his duty, and fought for the living, so let him go and talk some common sense into Cersei. Of course, she won't listen about getting melted by dragon fire, and has a plan. Jaime will have no choice but to stay. He'll stay loyal to her, and his "child", however that plays out, but Cersei will murder Brienne out of jealousy or cut her head off like Joff used to do, and he'll lose his shit. Or maybe, he'll just do it like he did to the Mad King, to prevent a total wild fire massacre from happening again?

Arya already killed her big bad guy. I thought she might kill Cersei with Jaime's face, but other than teaming up with the Hound and doing some cool shit there, she's done. Cersei will be taken out by Jaime. Hound and Arya kill the Mountain, and Brienne kills Euron (probably right before the Mountain kills her). 

In short: Who the hell knows? We shall soon find out!

On 5/3/2019 at 11:24 PM, MinscS2 said:

Wasn't he technically already paid by Cersei back in episode 1?

While I don't think that Bronn will kill either Jamie or Tyrion, it wouldn't be completely out of character for him to do so if he's received a wagon-load of gold for it already. Especially Jamie has a considerable "debt" to Bronn that is yet to be paid. 

Jaime, after the war against the Tyrells: "That's a LOT of gold i just gave you!"

Bronn: "It's NOT a castle!"

If Jaime doesn't get a discount, Cersei won't... 

Just now, azor_ahaiii said:

I think thats his plan. Put Cersei down then put himself down.

I will wait and see how they finish this plot, but god I hated Jaime this episode. I'm hoping he said these things to Brienne like Arya threw rocks at Nymeria.

1 minute ago, Gertrude said:

I will wait and see how they finish this plot, but god I hated Jaime this episode. I'm hoping he said these things to Brienne like Arya threw rocks at Nymeria.

I think it was. I think he loves Brienne but also feels like an irredeemable piece of trash. Cersei's got that hold on him that won't break til they both dead.

Cersei being pregnant gives her a peculiar bit of plot armour as far as Jaime is concerned IMO. If they're going for a big redeeming moment for Jaime, him killing a pregnant woman might miss the mark, even if she is the big bad. I don't know. The twins leaving the world together is the fate I've always wanted for them, but not with this complication.

I believe that he will ultimately kill his sister because she is willing to let the kingdom burn instead of stepping down from the throne.

And the reasons I believe this is because Arrya is the obvious choice to kill Cersei but it won't happen. And the following reasons from the book.

1. Maggy the Frog gave the prophecy stating that Cersei will die by the hands of her younger brother. She always assumed it would be Tyrion but Jamie is her younger brother also.

2. Jamie has a history of killing monarchs that would rather see the city burn instead of just stepping down. People in the books always shit on Jamie for doing this but this is probably the most righteous thing he ever did was save the lives of hundreds of thousands by killing a mad despot that was willing to burn everything down. And Cersei looks like she is going down the exact same route but she made another mistake in that she tried to kill her brother.

1 hour ago, borwin said:

2. Jamie has a history of killing monarchs that would rather see the city burn instead of just stepping down. People in the books always shit on Jamie for doing this but this is probably the most righteous thing he ever did was save the lives of hundreds of thousands by killing a mad despot that was willing to burn everything down. And Cersei looks like she is going down the exact same route but she made another mistake in that she tried to kill her brother.

He didn't have a huge problem with her wildfiring the Sept. I mean, he was conflicted, and it led to the death of their last child, but he was able to get Cersei pregnant afterwards, so I think it's safe to say he got over it.

By now I could see Jaime sacrificing himself so that Cersei and their baby will live and the Cersei morphs into "Mommy" and it turns out she has been a good person all along and it was all just those nasty people around her who didn't allow her to be nice and good and kind :rolleyes:

On 5/4/2019 at 7:54 AM, Anthony Pirtle said:

He's not switching sides again, obviously. He'll either continue fighting with Dany and the North or try to deal with Cersei himself, and either way he'll almost certainly end up dead, but you never know.

I stand myself corrected.

After his speech to Brienne about all the terrible things he's done to protect and/or be by Cersei's side, it's hard to imagine Jaime heading south with the intention of killing her. However I can see a scenario where he deems her irredeemable and ends up killing her anyway like he did with the Mad King.  It will be interesting to see how she handles the news of Cersei & Euron

Perhaps Cersei has a miscarriage (not far fetched given the prophecy of only having 3 kids) and she'll go completely off her rockers. That would seem a viable path to eventually kill her. Mad queen against mad queen.

But I was puzzled too for his intentions. Is he really going back to her after all he's seen and lived through in WF? I guess I'll just go along with the plotline...

Archived