Jump to content
nyser1

What will happen to Jaime? Who will he fight for?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Squall said:

Perhaps Cersei has a miscarriage (not far fetched given the prophecy of only having 3 kids) and she'll go completely off her rockers. That would seem a viable path to eventually kill her. Mad queen against mad queen.

But I was puzzled too for his intentions. Is he really going back to her after all he's seen and lived through in WF? I guess I'll just go along with the plotline...

Yeah, I am surprised by him heading back. I guess he has always just been completely conflicted about what kind of person he is. He has trouble accepting being seen as good, as much as he sometimes wants to be. So, surprised but it works for me if that makes sense.

But how is he going to feel about what Cersei is doing now? It is still an open question if it is him who will kill Cersei, or Tyrion, or Arya who is on her way to KL to do just that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I am interpreting too much into the situation but I think Jaime is going to kill Cersei and then won't be able to live without her / with the guilt of having murdered her and get himself killed too.

Many people here complained about how cruel he was to Brienne by using her. However, I don't think that this was his intention. I believe he really had some feelings for her (not necessarily romantical, more like friendship) and genuinely believed or wanted to believe he could live with Brienne. But when they really got together he realized that he still did not feel for Brienne like he did for his sister, and so decided to go south.

I also thought that there was a lot of self-hatred in Jaime's voice during his goodbye to Brienne. By now, he has fully admitted to himself what terrible person Cersei is and hates himself for loving her anyway. It seems unlikely to me that he would just go back to her and serve her again as if nothing happened. That would make his entire character arc null and void. On the other hand Jaime killing his sister would be a really fitting ending for said character arc.

But Cersei has always been the centre of his life and I don't think he could live with the guilt he would certainly feel over having killed her. So if he really murders her, I think they are going together.

The problem with this theory is Cersei's supposed child as I cannot see him killing his own child together with Cersei. But then, there were prophesied only three children. So either Cersei will lose the child or there never was a child and she lied to Euron and Jaime both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Squall said:

But I was puzzled too for his intentions. Is he really going back to her after all he's seen and lived through in WF? I guess I'll just go along with the plotline...

It seemed to me what prompted him to return to KL was Sansa's words to him, about wishing to see Cersei dying or something like that.

I think that till that point he was probably content to remain in WF just as Tyrion had said and everyone including Sansa and Dany had accepted and be with Brienne. 

Likely Sansa's words made him realise that he has unfinished business in KL. It is also possible that he might be afraid for Brienne's safety. 

Remember their exchange during the PW which I believe that was written by GRRM? When Cersei basically made it clear to Brienne that Jaime belongs to her and to her only? She straightforward asked her if she loved him and Brienne just left. The expression on Jaime's face was worth a million dragons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He decides to go back the moment he learns she might have a chance to win against Dany. Don’t be fooled, he is going back to make sure she bites the dust. If he will really have the chance to kill her or it will be too late, we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope his character arc ends with a redemption of sorts, it would be a fitting end for the guy who is definitely in the gray area of morality like he himself points out (those lines he said to Brienne in the courtyard were quite good, coming from a very low bar of writing standards).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jaimie will make a sincere effort to kill Cercei. I think it's in his destiny. It seems kind of obvious though doesn't it? So maybe we will still get a surprise. I don't think there is time for surprises though. Jaimie is going to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope that he makes an effort to kill Cersei. If he just shows up to hold her hand while they both die it would be disappointing. However this will go down, I'm pretty sure that he will die in the next episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably already said this. My apologies if I did.

I think Jaimie's arc is to try to kill Cersei. I think Cersei's end will either come at Jaimie's hands or Arya's. Jaimie's parting from Brienne was him reminding her of what a selfish jerk he used to be, telling her he still was that person. He said it to Daenyrs too earlier. Yet, he was done with Cercei. I think his words to Brienne were him playing to jerk card to keep her from following him to help. He wants her to live. I think she very well may live. Jaimie transformed while he was away from Cercei and I think he liked that transformation more than he will admit.  He defied Cersei to fight for the living. He once said he had never been with any woman other than Cersei so bedding Brienne was like him losing a sort of virginity too because Cercei was just his twin, a mirror of himself, so he was really only masturbating with her, lol.  I think with Brienne, Jaimie has emotionally separated himself from Cersei. Cersei promising to kill him was the end of it for him with Cersei.

His purpose is to try to kill Cersei and he will most likely die in the process.

Or I could be totally wrong and he is running back to Cersei to throw himself at her feet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That scene was very difficult to gauge.  And maybe it was that way on purpose?

Is he going back because he has "relapsed" into her again and he wants to love/save her?  Especially knowing that Dany is probably going to be raining fire down on them soon.

Or is he going back because he is filled with hate and disgust for all the vile stuff he did for her in the past, and the only way she repays him is with attempted murder?  

"She's hateful.  So am I."  Very open-ended!

Personally I think he goes back to TRY to kill her...but finds that he still loves her too much and just can't bring down the killing blow.  Then the Mountain terminates him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skills said:

That scene was very difficult to gauge.  And maybe it was that way on purpose?

Is he going back because he has "relapsed" into her again and he wants to love/save her?  Especially knowing that Dany is probably going to be raining fire down on them soon.

Or is he going back because he is filled with hate and disgust for all the vile stuff he did for her in the past, and the only way she repays him is with attempted murder?  

"She's hateful.  So am I."  Very open-ended!

Personally I think he goes back to TRY to kill her...but finds that he still loves her too much and just can't bring down the killing blow.  Then the Mountain terminates him.  

Or, he is going back to try to save his unborn child.

So far there has yet to be ANY sign of Cersei's supposed pregnancy though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't Euron be wondering how Tyrion knows that she's pregnant, when presumably, he  hasn't been around in KL for several weeks or months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Shouldn't Euron be wondering how Tyrion knows that she's pregnant, when presumably, he  hasn't been around in KL for several weeks or months?

Euron's still wondering how anybody knew Missandei was an important hostage in any way whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime is in the North chilling with his little brother when bronn comes in St cerseis behalf telling he was paid to kill them both.

Next moment, people are marching south to war against Cersei which would probably result in her death and Jaime is like: fuck It, i'm staying here with brienne.

Then a motive of a dragon's death comes and Sansa tells Jaime that Cersei is doomed. (Like there was some chance for her to be forgiven before)

Jaime then is puzzled, he says he is one of the bad guys and jetpacks back to kl while shitting on brienne like a pigeon.

I really dont see any logic.

If he wanted to kill her personally he should have parted with the army.

If he cares about her and will fight for her he should also have gone before...

 

Do we really expect that after Cersei send to kill him that she will havd him back only to be backstabbed ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime was not talking about love. He talked about hate.

For me the whole Jaime story is about seeking redemption. He tries to find it by fighting for the living. The first he sees is Bran. Then at the trial he defends all his other actions because it was war, yet personally apologizes to Bran, who ends by asking him whether there will be an aftermath (and indirectly, if there is any, what form will it take?). He puts himself under Brienne's command, knights her for love, and survives. At first he's relieved he did live and his courage increased by wine, he seeks Brienne out privately. I know many people thought that oathsex scene awkward, but Jaime was never with any other woman than Cersei and that was since he was a young boy. In many ways he's as much a virgin as Brienne is when it comes to the seduction game of someone he really desires. Everybody else makes plans to depose Cersei. He has no issue with that, but he's happy nor is he going to fight his sister. Then Bronn shows up telling him and Tyrion he was hired to kill them, and that if he doesn't get Highgarden he would. This is the first time we see Jaime being disturbed. Even if Tyrion agrees to it, Jaime clearly feels this is wrong.

He puts that aside, and for a while being in love, share Brienne's bed and be happy works. But imo this happy aftermath is not something I ever felt would have been in character for Jaime to be something he could live with for too long when a lot is still unresolved. Then comes the message that Cersei managed to kill Rhaegal and Missandei and part of Dany's fleet and how surely Cersei signed her death warrant. And he decides to go to KL after thinking about it all and watching Brienne sleep.

Brienne confronts him and now he admits to self-hatred. He hates himself for what he did to Bran. Even if Bran survived and in a way forgave him, Bran is still crippled and doesn't even want to be Lord of WF (while some mercenary sellsword who knows no loyalty might end up being Lord of the Reach). He loathes himself for killing his cousin while he was a prisoner of Robb. He loathes himself for taking back Riverrun from the Tullys, and how he would have done what he threatened Edmure he would do, even though he made an oath to Catelyn Tully to never take up arms anymore against her and hers. This is not the man anymore who defended his actions with "it was war" at his trial. It's through forgiveness and true love of others that he ends up admitting to himself that he acted immorally, and he cannot forgive himself for it, only hate himself for it. Therefore he feels he is underserving of this happiness with Brienne. Meanwhile he calls Cersei evil - that is he hates Cersei as much as he hates himself. He is not bound to Cersei through love anymore, but through hatred. And since he cannot uncripple Bran nor undo many of his evil other actions, he foresees he will never be able to forgive himself.

I'm not sure whether he leaves with the intention to kill Cersei, but I do think he recognizes that he's a villain and that if Cersei dies, so must he. In this way he attempts to leave a better world where a man like Bronn can't be awarded Highgarden, while Bran is forever crippled. If Jaime dies, Tyrion won't award Bronn. It's not so much Cersei's death he seeks, but his own imo.

Edited by sweetsunray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dannyk65 said:

Euron's still wondering how anybody knew Missandei was an important hostage in any way whatsoever.

She was with Dany at the Dragon Pit meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaimes gonna off Cersei and then himself

I think its a "cant live with her, cant live without her situation"

He knows theyre both trash but she has an unbreakable hold on him and he knows it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Jamie’s arc ending with with him killing Cersei to prevent her from burning the place down.

 

...Hmm, he kills the Monarch he once swore to protect because there is a greater good? Why does that sound so familiar... :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Jaime was not talking about love. He talked about hate.

For me the whole Jaime story is about seeking redemption. He tries to find it by fighting for the living. The first he sees is Bran. Then at the trial he defends all his other actions because it was war, yet personally apologizes to Bran, who ends by asking him whether there will be an aftermath (and indirectly, if there is any, what form will it take?). He puts himself under Brienne's command, knights her for love, and survives. At first he's relieved he did live and his courage increased by wine, he seeks Brienne out privately. I know many people thought that oathsex scene awkward, but Jaime was never with any other woman than Cersei and that was since he was a young boy. In many ways he's as much a virgin as Brienne is when it comes to the seduction game of someone he really desires. Everybody else makes plans to depose Cersei. He has no issue with that, but he's happy nor is he going to fight his sister. Then Bronn shows up telling him and Tyrion he was hired to kill them, and that if he doesn't get Highgarden he would. This is the first time we see Jaime being disturbed. Even if Tyrion agrees to it, Jaime clearly feels this is wrong.

He puts that aside, and for a while being in love, share Brienne's bed and be happy works. But imo this happy aftermath is not something I ever felt would have been in character for Jaime to be something he could live with for too long when a lot is still unresolved. Then comes the message that Cersei managed to kill Rhaegal and Missandei and part of Dany's fleet and how surely Cersei signed her death warrant. And he decides to go to KL after thinking about it all and watching Brienne sleep.

Brienne confronts him and now he admits to self-hatred. He hates himself for what he did to Bran. Even if Bran survived and in a way forgave him, Bran is still crippled and doesn't even want to be Lord of WF (while some mercenary sellsword who knows no loyalty might end up being Lord of the Reach). He loathes himself for killing his cousin while he was a prisoner of Robb. He loathes himself for taking back Riverrun from the Tullys, and how he would have done what he threatened Edmure he would do, even though he made an oath to Catelyn Tully to never take up arms anymore against her and hers. This is not the man anymore who defended his actions with "it was war" at his trial. It's through forgiveness and true love of others that he ends up admitting to himself that he acted immorally, and he cannot forgive himself for it, only hate himself for it. Therefore he feels he is underserving of this happiness with Brienne. Meanwhile he calls Cersei evil - that is he hates Cersei as much as he hates himself. He is not bound to Cersei through love anymore, but through hatred. And since he cannot uncripple Bran nor undo many of his evil other actions, he foresees he will never be able to forgive himself.

I'm not sure whether he leaves with the intention to kill Cersei, but I do think he recognizes that he's a villain and that if Cersei dies, so must he. In this way he attempts to leave a better world where a man like Bronn can't be awarded Highgarden, while Bran is forever crippled. If Jaime dies, Tyrion won't award Bronn. It's not so much Cersei's death he seeks, but his own imo.

Another great post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×