So what is gonna happen with jon and dany now that they know who he really is.

Will they still be lovers even though they are related (The targs did this). Dany seemed pretty mad when she found out that jon had a claim on the throne. Will they keep it a secret and continue on like they did. Or will jon and dany go to war for some reason. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Nothing. The problem will be completely ignored for the sake of visuals and fan service like all problems have been. We will just have badass shots of badass armies and romantic shots of romantic lovers while they grimace in pain as they are both unable to not think about Rose Leslie, and smirky shots of Lena Headey smirking at the camera and badass shots of Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner staring into the camera like they are at a vogue photoshoot among a bunch of peasants who bring them coffee. And the masses are going to love it because it’s so badass and romantic and smirky and badass. Nobody cares about problems or conflicts or their resolutions. Nothing will be done about those. 

but.. but.. the beautiful shot!    100,000 flaming Dothraki with flame swords charging looks cool!  Who cares if its utter stupid and pointless if you think about it more then a few seconds.  Bran warged out as..  oh no the white walkers!! ahh bran!! your going to die!! OMG drama!! Who cares why he's warged, or what hes trying to do, we need drama!

OMG Jon's a secert Targ that, wait no one gives a shit.  But but.. we need jon/dany drama!!  His "claim" is better hahaha oh wait no one cares or would believe him anyways but damn it your going to eat it up!

or.. are we supposed to be screaming "just get married already ffs" at the TV?  Maybe that was the intention?  So then we can have "not getting married" drama?  

16 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Will they still be lovers even though they are related (The targs did this). Dany seemed pretty mad when she found out that jon had a claim on the throne. Will they keep it a secret and continue on like they did. Or will jon and dany go to war for some reason. Anyone have any thoughts on this.

Did she though? Actions speak louder than words. 
Daenerys sounded displeased, but despite her going all "but muh throne", she didn't look one bit angry at Jon after the reveal.
She mostly looked shocked and sad, and perhaps a little elated. 
(Same goes for all her obsessive talk about the IT tbh. She loves to talk about how important it is for her, but when push comes to shove, she ultimately continously prioritizes other things over it, be it freeing slaves, banging her nephew or saving the North.)

We'll find out next episode. 
There is still Cersei to deal with as well. 

I see three possible reactions from Dany:

1) she wants to marry Jon to keep Targs together

2) She can't have kids, and she wants Targ heir, so she agrees to recognize Jon if he forgoes his claim, and produces heir for her

3) she wants to kill Jon to get rid of his higher birthright claim.

(Basically these are speculations I thought of for Dany and either Jon or Faegon from the books - I don't see why her reactions to Jon in the show would be different - these are basically the only 3 reactions she would have, IMO, either way)

5 hours ago, willowbark said:

2) She can't have kids, and she wants Targ heir, so she agrees to recognize Jon if he forgoes his claim, and produces heir for her

(Basically these are speculations I thought of for Dany and either Jon or Faegon from the books - I don't see why her reactions to Jon in the show would be different - these are basically the only 3 reactions she would have, IMO, either way)

That's what I mean though. Since that last one is very different then the first two. Also maybe they don't tell anyone who jon really is.  There is alot of options. However I really hope they don't go the "she is gonna kill him because he is a threat" thing. It would be very out of character for her unless he REALLY pushes for it which would be VERY out of character for him since from what I understood he didn't even want to be king of the north. I really hope they don't drag it out the last three episodes just to add drama. Like when we were supposed to think sansa and arya might kill each other last season. Realistically I see them either getting married or one of them dying.

6 hours ago, Bradam said:

but.. but.. the beautiful shot!    100,000 flaming Dothraki with flame swords charging looks cool!  Who cares if its utter stupid and pointless if you think about it more then a few seconds.  Bran warged out as..  oh no the white walkers!! ahh bran!! your going to die!! OMG drama!! Who cares why he's warged, or what hes trying to do, we need drama!

OMG Jon's a secert Targ that, wait no one gives a shit.  But but.. we need jon/dany drama!!  His "claim" is better hahaha oh wait no one cares or would believe him anyways but damn it your going to eat it up!

or.. are we supposed to be screaming "just get married already ffs" at the TV?  Maybe that was the intention?  So then we can have "not getting married" drama?  

Yeah I have thought about who would really believe that jon is a targ. You might be able to prove rhegar and lyana got married and have everyone believe it but I don't see anyone believe that bran knws unless they actually met him and saw how he knows the past and such.

6 hours ago, willowbark said:

I don't think this is realistic, AT ALL. So wit will likely be D&D's go to.....

I assume Dany can't have kids, because that is what we have always been told (I'm a simple man :D) so IF they marry because....well Targ life, the heir he produces isn't going to be Dany's, it's his lol....this is why, I genuinely think Dany dies. Since Jon's reveal, her whole arc (last Targ) is irrelevant, along with the prophecy of no children (even more irrelevant because she can't produce an heir), leaves Jon as the central Targ who CAN reproduce. And his little dragon buddy already likes him alot....

23 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Why should they go to war? What about the Starks? just for the fun of the discussion (because with this script I don’t have great expectations) John has two “families”. One Targaryen where Dany is alone (who man can resist?) and another one in the North who he would defend with his last breath. Either he will become a bridge to close the gap between the two or Starks,Sansa for example, may use it as a weapon to cancel his promise to Dany about the North. He is no longer a part of the Stark family since Lyanna married Reagan. He is actually a Targ. Perhaps John would support Dany in this case because he would feel a. betrayed and cancelled by Sansa. 

1 hour ago, Nightwish said:

Why should they go to war? What about the Starks? just for the fun of the discussion (because with this script I don’t have great expectations) John has two “families”. One Targaryen where Dany is alone (who man can resist?) and another one in the North who he would defend with his last breath. Either he will become a bridge to close the gap between the two or Starks,Sansa for example, may use it as a weapon to cancel his promise to Dany about the North. He is no longer a part of the Stark family since Lyanna married Reagan. He is actually a Targ. Perhaps John would support Dany in this case because he would feel a. betrayed and cancelled by Sansa. 

Cousins with different last names are still family. Sansa may support him taking the throne. A king who is her cousin may support the north’s independence. 

6 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

They're definitely not getting married. Whoever Jon may be now, he's still a Stark and considers himself mostly a Stark. He wont wed a relative and do the Targ thing.

I thought the Starks had at least one uncle/niece marriage in their family tree. Jonnel Stark married his niece.   

3 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I thought the Starks had at least one uncle/niece marriage in their family tree. 

They do actually, and plenty of first cousin-marriages. 

If Jon rejects Daenerys, it will have nothing to do with their blood relation. 

6 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I thought the Starks had at least one uncle/niece marriage in their family tree. Jonnel Stark married his niece.   

The only difference with the targs is they wed brother and sister routinely while the other noble families are only comfortable with their cousins. Tywin lannister actually married his cousin joanna lannister. I think that in terms of how the public sees it they don't need to tell anyone who jon really is. I really don't see how they would prove it since most people would say bran was lying or wouldn't believe it unless they met him.

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

The only difference with the targs is they wed brother and sister routinely while the other noble families are only comfortable with their cousins. Tywin lannister actually married his cousin joanna lannister. I think that in terms of how the public sees it they don't need to tell anyone who jon really is. I really don't see how they would prove it since most people would say bran was lying or wouldn't believe it unless they met him.

I agree. A diary and a wizard boy is not proof Jon is a Targaryen. At least not a legitimate Targaryen. 

8 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I agree. A diary and a wizard boy is not proof Jon is a Targaryen. At least not a legitimate Targaryen. 

Exactly so why bother with the potential problems it would cause. It could easily be seen as her way of bringing the north in. I think it's really because the show runners want to have them have a kid with the last name targeryean.

7 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Exactly so why bother with the potential problems it would cause. It could easily be seen as her way of bringing the north in. I think it's really because the show runners want to have them have a kid with the last name targeryean.

What last name would a child of Jon Snow and Dany if they marry? If he is not a Stark or a Targ.

3 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

What last name would a child of Jon Snow and Dany if they marry? If he is not a Stark or a Targ.

Well since since everyone thinks jons last name is snow the kid would be a snow I guess. More likely dany could just have jon take her name instead of the other way around. Then her kid would get the targ name.

4 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Well since since everyone thinks jons last name is snow the kid would be a snow I guess. More likely dany could just have jon take her name instead of the other way around. Then her kid would get the targ name.

You can pass a bastard name to a legitimate child?

12 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

You can pass a bastard name to a legitimate child?

This is pretty interesting....I don't know.

I mean, I don't think you CAN'T, but I believe anytime a bastard has been crowned he has taken SOME KIND of new last name. In this case though, especially since we mostly assume the goal is to preserve the Targ name and line, I would guess that either by marrying Danny or providing legit proof, Jon would no longer be Snow. 

Archived