So what is gonna happen with jon and dany now that they know who he really is.

5 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Yeah I have thought about who would really believe that jon is a targ. You might be able to prove rhegar and lyana got married and have everyone believe it but I don't see anyone believe that bran knws unless they actually met him and saw how he knows the past and such.

It's all documented in the book at the Citadel that Gilly was reading. Both the annulment AND the fact he remarried right away. And a High Septon account in the Citadel would be regarded as infallible.

She didn't state to Sam the name of who he remarried, coz she was more interested in understanding what "annulled" meant & Sam got irritated and ended the convo... but its all in there... along with all the pedantic accounts of the High Septon Maynard's 15,782 shits... so its doubtful they'd have left out the key name of the bride in there.

Video

Though presumably, that isn't one of the books that Sam stole from the Citadel... or maybe it is... but I suppose he can always go back and dig it out.

1 hour ago, Wik said:

... I believe anytime a bastard has been crowned he has taken SOME KIND of new last name. In this case though, especially since we mostly assume the goal is to preserve the Targ name and line, I would guess that either by marrying Danny or providing legit proof, Jon would no longer be Snow...

OR... if we were to assume that Dany is actually gonna follow through on her promise to "BREAK THE WHEEL"... the wheel of Highborn houses battling over the throne and crushing those without power.... then maybe rule WILL pass to a Snow... Westeros ruled by a family line descended from 'bastards', which have always been regarded as the lowliest & least powerful in Westeros.

I just re-watched Season 2 Episode 10 especially the House of the Unholy scene.  With six years of shows, a lot of hindsight, assumptions and only 3 shows left, I interpreted the House of the Unholy scene to mean Daenerys will die in the end (probably saving Jon, once again)

I don't put a lot of stock in the old prophecies or legends from the various religions which can be twisted and misinterpreted over the hundreds and thousands of years.  However, in GOT, magic and supernatural powers are very real. So what happened in the House of the Unholy had to have some significance imo.

In that episode, Daenarys experience was probably a foreshadowing of her end.  The throne room was in a shambles as will be her ultimate dream of being Queen of Westeros.  She slowly approaches the Iron throne, reaches for the throne but in the last second does not touch it.  I interpret this to mean she will never sit on it. She then goes thru the Wall into the North which is definitely part of her then future story arc. And her final scene with Khal Drogo and her baby is a metaphor that she will end up just like them, dead.

This type of ending would tie up a lot of loose ends. We don't have to deal with any Jon vs Daenerys competing claims.  And we there will be no creepy Jon and Daenerys marriage.  Finally, If she cannot have children, there really is no future for any Daenerys dynasty. 

I don't know how she dies.  Perhaps it is in the course of saving Jon (third time?)  And Jon's only other girlfriend ended up dead.  IMO Jon is too dumb and lacks the ambition and desire to be a good king.  He will relinquish his blood claim right to the Iron Throne, just like giving up as Lord Commander of the Night Watch and King of the North in the past.  See my other post:  

My vote will be for Tyrian and Sansa to rule as benevolent King and Queen:

10 minutes ago, Figdoni said:

OR... if we were to assume that Dany is actually gonna follow through on her promise to "BREAK THE WHEEL"... the wheel of Highborn houses battling over the throne and crushing those without power.... then maybe rule WILL pass to a Snow... Westeros ruled by a family line descended from 'bastards', which have always been regarded as the lowliest & least powerful in Westeros.

That’s better then everyone believing Jon is a Targ. Even if the Lord Snow is actually a prince. 

11 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Did she though? Actions speak louder than words. 
Daenerys sounded displeased, but despite her going all "but muh throne", she didn't look one bit angry at Jon after the reveal.
She mostly looked shocked and sad, and perhaps a little elated. 
(Same goes for all her obsessive talk about the IT tbh. She loves to talk about how important it is for her, but when push comes to shove, she ultimately continously prioritizes other things over it, be it freeing slaves, banging her nephew or saving the North.)

We'll find out next episode. 
There is still Cersei to deal with as well. 

You still thinking she recognizes Jon’s claim? 

We spoke about that a while ago. Still feels like the most logical next step for her

@jcmontea Welcome back! 

I think she will, sooner rather than later. Once she starts pondering the reveal (which she hasn't really had time to do yet), she'll realize that:
a) He has no reason to lie about it.
b) He can't lie to begin with because...well he can't lie at all.
c) It makes sense given the circumstances. 

As for whether she will let him push his "rightful" claim over her's, I honestly can't tell.
Daenerys writing has been all over the place this season.

1 hour ago, Figdoni said:

It's all documented in the book at the Citadel that Gilly was reading. Both the annulment AND the fact he remarried right away. And a High Septon account in the Citadel would be regarded as infallible.

She didn't state to Sam the name of who he remarried, coz she was more interested in understanding what "annulled" meant & Sam got irritated and ended the convo... but its all in there... along with all the pedantic accounts of the High Septon Maynard's 15,782 shits... so its doubtful they'd have left out the key name of the bride in there.

Video

Though presumably, that isn't one of the books that Sam stole from the Citadel... or maybe it is... but I suppose he can always go back and dig it out.

yeah everything would be in the books. 

3 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

They're definitely not getting married. Whoever Jon may be now, he's still a Stark and considers himself mostly a Stark. He wont wed a relative and do the Targ thing.

he certainly seemed fine when she was clinging to him inside the crypt right before the battle

the incest thing is not gonna be an issue the writers will dwell on it

12 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Cousins with different last names are still family. Sansa may support him taking the throne. A king who is her cousin may support the north’s independence. 

Why should he support the North’s independence? He already had his chance to do it and recognized Dany as a Queen. It’s more logical to support Dany. Even if he wants to claim the throne (which I doubt) Dany is his resolution, not Sansa. 

1 hour ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

The incest thing will be a problem for jon. He will dump her ...

This make no sense.
Daenerys is neither his sister nor his mother.
Aunt/nephew isn't considered incest in Westeros (nor many parts of the world today).

If Jon dumps her because of "incest" alone, then it's just really shitty writing and showing the writers letting their own modern world-bias affecting a character in a medieval fantasy-setting. 

To me, it seemed like Jon was disgusted by the fact Dany is her aunt. In episode 2, TWICE, did he avoid eye contact with her. To me, that is a clear indication how he feels about incest. Maybe he'll come around and realize his love is bigger and they'll have some more boat sex. Who knows.

And when Dany cuddled up to Jon at the end of ep. 2, I didn't really see that as a sexual thing. Besides it was Dany who initiated that (at which point she didn't know he was her nephew). Even family members lean up against their loved ones like that. Now If he tried to kiss Jon there on the lips and he allowed it than yeah I could have seen that as Jon being ok with incest. But that didn't happen.

Hi

To be honest, and I've said this before:  I think Dany is going to flip out... I think Jon (Aegon) will not think it is important, and remain in love with her.  I believe he will regard her as the true heir, and profess his undying love, as well as bending the knee once again.

I think they would "rule" together in a fashion:  Dany as Queen and monarch, whilst Jon is at her side, always providing for her and defending her. 

I believe they will rule in peace.

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

To me, it seemed like Jon was disgusted by the fact Dany is her aunt. In episode 2, TWICE, did he avoid eye contact with her. To me, that is a clear indication how he feels about incest. Maybe he'll come around and realize his love is bigger and they'll have some more boat sex. Who knows.

And when Dany cuddled up to Jon at the end of ep. 2, I didn't really see that as a sexual thing. Besides it was Dany who initiated that (at which point she didn't know he was her nephew). Even family members lean up against their loved ones like that. Now If he tried to kiss Jon there on the lips and he allowed it than yeah I could have seen that as Jon being ok with incest. But that didn't happen.

I disagree. Him avoiding her has everything to do with who he is, not who she is, and how he needs to process it before talking with her about it.
This reveal is way bigger for him than "omg I had sex with my aunt". That's really the least important implication of it.

If he was truly disgusted by it, he would've reacted when Daenerys cuddled up against him in the crypts and...well, he didn't did he?
He let her snuggle for a good few seconds before turning to tell the story.

1 hour ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

I believe he was avoiding her simply because Sam was telling him he has a right to the throne over Dany and bla bla bla. Like I said, he was fine being all smiley to her inside the crypt and letting her cling to him.

1 hour ago, LadyNoOne said:

Hi

To be honest, and I've said this before:  I think Dany is going to flip out... I think Jon (Aegon) will not think it is important, and remain in love with her.  I believe he will regard her as the true heir, and profess his undying love, as well as bending the knee once again.

I think they would "rule" together in a fashion:  Dany as Queen and monarch, whilst Jon is at her side, always providing for her and defending her. 

I believe they will rule in peace.

Cheers,

This would be my preferred ending. Jon as her consort, the lord commander of her queensguard or both. Sansa can be Warden of the North. 

5 minutes ago, Oldgodsnewtricks said:

Has the show ever revealed the long accepted tradition of incestuous royal marriage amongst the Targs or any other line?

Yes, it's been mentioned a few times. 

19 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

This would be my preferred ending. Jon as her consort, the lord commander of her queensguard or both. Sansa can be Warden of the North. 

I think Arya as Lord Commander of the Qeen's Guard, but yeah right idea!

45 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I disagree. Him avoiding her has everything to do with who he is, not who she is, and how he needs to process it before talking with her about it.
This reveal is way bigger for him than "omg I had sex with my aunt". That's really the least important implication of it.

If he was truly disgusted by it, he would've reacted when Daenerys cuddled up against him in the crypts and...well, he didn't did he?
He let her snuggle for a good few seconds before turning to tell the story.

Then why didn't he avoid everyone else and only her ? He was fine chatting with his boys.

And your last paragraph, how is leaning in to another person a definite sexual move ? People who love eachother do that, doesn't always have to be sexual. I can only speak for myself, I've had my little sister lean in on me like that, I've leaned in like that towards my uncle. Even among friends it's normal. How you could interpret that as sexual from Jons POV is beyond me. Not like they were kissing. Its not like Jon initiated that lean and secondly, Jon was still processing the reveal even before Dany joined him Jon hadn't moved from that spot for god knows how long. Like I said, if Dany leaned in for a kiss on the lips and Jon had kissed her back, yeah you'd be 100% right. But that hasn't happened, yet.

I'm not saying Jon is never going to be with Dany, sexually. But as of right now based on episode 2, there are no clear signs that Jon is ok with incest. If anything, there are more signs that he isn't. Worst case, it's hard to say what Jons view is on that. The remaining episodes will give us a definite answer.

38 minutes ago, Nami said:

I believe he was avoiding her simply because Sam was telling him he has a right to the throne over Dany and bla bla bla. Like I said, he was fine being all smiley to her inside the crypt and letting her cling to him.

I just rewatched the ending. And he didn't smile once ?

Archived