So what is gonna happen with jon and dany now that they know who he really is.

14 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I guess I’m questioning the need to have Jon be a legitimate Targ. It seems to just be a thing to cause drama. 

Heavy lies the crown....lol

18 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I guess I’m questioning the need to have Jon be a legitimate Targ. It seems to just be a thing to cause drama. 

In truth I think IF jon and dany marry and have a kid he should just take HER name and have the kid be a targ. It would be seen as a way for her to gain the north and would be reasonable since it is the only way to have the child get the targ name. Honestly it is what they should do but they have spent ALOT of time and put emphasis on jon being rhegars son and I suspect they mean to do something with it besides having only four people know and then sweep it under the rug.

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

In truth I think IF jon and dany marry and have a kid he should just take HER name and have the kid be a targ. It would be seen as a way for her to gain the north and would be reasonable since it is the only way to have the child get the targ name. Honestly it is what they should do but they have spent ALOT of time and put emphasis on jon being rhegars son and I suspect they mean to do something with it besides having only four people know and then sweep it under the rug.

Four people cannot a secret keep. And this is one that will cause strife in the kingdom(s).

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Four people cannot a secret keep. And this is one that will cause strife in the kingdom(s).

Yeah but how many people would actually believe it. Unless they plan on wheeling bran acorss the seven kingdoms and have him tell everyones past to show them he can then noone has any reason to believe jon is rhegars kids. He looks like a stark (I can't remember if it mentions this in the show or not) not a targ. The only possible way they could do it would be to have howland reed show up and say yeah I was there and he was rhegars kid. And since we haven't seen howland reed (except in a few flash backs) or have him mentioned that often I don't see them doing it. Of course if they write it in they could have everyone believe it. However I don't see it otherwise. But even if they di have it then as long as jon and dany married there would just be some grumblings. The faith militant (the poor fellows in the books) were the ones who caused trouble over that with the early targs and they no longer exists. And if  they do exist and they don't have a problem with cersei being queen after she destroyed baelors sept and killed the high septon then I don't see them  caring that jon is shagging is aunt

Robert had a great aunt or something that gave him an excuse to have royal Targaryen blood in him. Same crap happened in our own history, people claiming this or that. But what also mattered was having power to back it up.

Jon has a dragon. If he says he's a Targaryen, he is. Plus, any of the Starks who hear it are going to say the same thing, and know it to be true. Plus, Sam will probably end up writing it down somewhere, and I'm sure he has the Maester's book somewhere.

21 hours ago, hallam said:

I think folk are thinking way too small here. The incest issue is kinda small beer and Danny might well be pregnant already by Jon

People tend to read too much into the book prophecies. As soon as I heard the Night's Watch vows, I was pretty sure that Jon was going to end up being killed and resurrected. It is pretty much foregone that a conditional prophecy will have the condition met. Mirri Maz Duur never actually says that Danny is infertile, only that she must have another baby for Drogo to return.

The big issue for Jon and Danny is not who is going to sit on the Iron Throne but how they can stop Cersei invading the north with their army decimated by the Army of the Dead.

The dragon has three heads so Arya, Jon and Danny will all have big parts in the close. Arya is the representative of house Stark, Danny the representative of house Targarian. If you remember the original targ ruler of Westeros, he married two sisters... I can't see the show going there but the book might at least imply it.

I remember when folk were venting here about the Loras/Renly nude scene. Which from their vantage point of one episode they thought 'bad writing'. Well it was one of the pivotal moments of the High Sparrow plot. But the bellyachers never admitted their error, they just whined about the next thing they thought was wrong.

I have a feeling that the NK plot might not be quite as finished as people imagine.

The NK plot is done on the show. Hook, line, and sinker.

19 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Source please. A real source, not just one minor book-characters opinion on the matter. 
Because I've continuously read and heard the opposite: That it is accepted, and that only acts between first degree relatives are considered incest.

I am kind of shocked that they actually touched on this in the episode tonight.

We never got the reaction of Arya and Sansa to Jon's revelation. Could very well be they agreed to have Arya take out Cersei and that's what's going to happen. She clearly is on a mission there.

4 hours ago, Steve Stark said:

Jon has a dragon. If he says he's a Targaryen, he is. Plus, any of the Starks who hear it are going to say the same thing, and know it to be true. Plus, Sam will probably end up writing it down somewhere, and I'm sure he has the Maester's book somewhere.

Last time I looked Jon's dragon just went down the toilet.

16 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

We never got the reaction of Arya and Sansa to Jon's revelation. Could very well be they agreed to have Arya take out Cersei and that's what's going to happen. She clearly is on a mission there.

She is, but we don't know whether or not it's a self-appointed mission which the other three are unaware of. It might even be a mission Sansa gave her in private afterwards.

But Cersei has always been on Arya's list, so who knows?

Ok, Bran knows. Bran always knows.

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

She is, but we don't know whether or not it's a self-appointed mission which the other three are unaware of. It might even be a mission Sansa gave her in private afterwards.

But Cersei has always been on Arya's list, so who knows?

Ok, Bran knows. Bran always knows.

Well, since there are no signs that Sansa is pissed after the Jon revelation I actually doubt they do anything behind his back. After all, considering that Arya never volunteered to take out Cersei for them before - which makes no sense considering that she could do it - one could expect that she did it now because she sided with cousin Aegon on the matter.

Could also be she decided to do that later without informing anybody. But that would, of course, be stupid.

Just now, Lord Varys said:

Well, since there are no signs that Sansa is pissed after the Jon revelation I actually doubt they do anything behind his back. After all, considering that Arya never volunteered to take out Cersei for them before - which makes no sense considering that she could do it - one could expect that she did it now because she sided with cousin Aegon on the matter.

Could also be she decided to do that later without informing anybody. But that would, of course, be stupid.

I think it is very clear that Arya is going after Cersei on her own volition. They could hardly have made it clearer that she doesn't take orders from anyone.

10 minutes ago, hallam said:

I think it is very clear that Arya is going after Cersei on her own volition. They could hardly have made it clearer that she doesn't take orders from anyone.

Could certainly be. But she could have told them something.

13 minutes ago, hallam said:

Orders, probably not. But she would have no reason to keep it from the rest of the Gang of Four there in the godswood.

Archived