Fast super strength zombies?

Tyrion1991

I know we saw them in Hardholm but this kind of is the first full battle against non-hero characters. I really didn’t like them at all and they felt out of place.

Personally I don’t think this ever made any sense. In World War Z, those zombies have been infected with a virus that makes them hyper aggressive . They are not magically reanimated corpses. The reason zombies are slow in old movies is because of rigamortis, the bodies decay, frostbite and the damage from being brutally murdered. If the magic is strong enough to ignore all of this, then why do they even need to reanimate a body? Because what’s keeping the body moving is clearly more powerful than the flesh itself. You could just animate rocks or something. 

Fast zombies like in WWZ only work when the heroes have access to modern weapons. Unless you go really high fantasy they’re too overpowered and should kill all of the main characters instantly. They’re too strong.

Also, a zombie should not be able to do anything a normal person could not do. A reanimated corpse is still a corpse. For example: run into a cavalry charge without getting trampled, punching a sword through an armoured knight, becoming a living sea of flesh that rolls over a phalanx, being able to climb walls, falling hundreds of feet into a castle without their bones shattering, holding on to a dragon whilst it is violently shaking you off. So we can add super strength to the list.

I also really dislike that the zombies can use swords. These are meat puppets. Why are they able to effortlessly butcher trained Knights and Unsullied in formation? All the training they had in life dies. It’s exactly the same as if in the Walking Dead they used guns. It’s jarring and makes no sense. I don’t think we actually see the regular unsullied ever kill a Wight in this. Which, kind of makes all the effort spent getting the alliance together rather pointless. They should have just let Arya sneak up on NK and stab him before he got near Winterfell.

Archived