So what will the northman do now? Serious question since they...

3 hours ago, Deminelle said:

Not really. Her father didn't think of her smart at all.

That was back when the writing was still worth something.

In the show post-GRRM, Cersei has become a much stronger and intelligent woman. She rules the Seven Kingdoms with little dispute. She alone managed to settle the House Tyrell and The Faith's crisis in one fell swoop. She manipulates Euron. She cheated Daenerys and Tyrion. She uses the Iron Bank.

Yeah, I'd say they are really trying.

The best way to describe cersei is all or nothing. If she were smart she would have tried to negotiate  with dany to save her life and her unborn childs life and jaimes life. Instead she is willing to go against all the odds and fight dany when she not only had more troops then her but had three dragons. Cersei had the westerlands,tarly and his gang,and maybe the stormlands.  Cersei believes she is OWED the seven kingdoms and cannot except any outcome where that doesn't happen.  The question is will this "all or nothing" mindset turn into a "if I can't have it then noone can" mindset if she starts to lose which we all know she will.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Leaked clips from the episode tonight, they're being discussed in leak thread(s) and I on the rant and rave thread(s)

Oh, thanks. I'll have to try to find them.

9 minutes ago, Winterz said:

That was back when the writing was still worth something.

In the show post-GRRM, Cersei has become a much stronger and intelligent woman. She rules the Seven Kingdoms with little dispute. She alone managed to settle the House Tyrell and The Faith's crisis in one fell swoop. She manipulates Euron. She cheated Daenerys and Tyrion. She uses the Iron Bank.

Yeah, I'd say they are really trying.

Okay the thing where she blew up the high sept SHOULD NOT HAVE WORKED! She had no support from anyone at that point except qyburn and the mountain and jaime but he didn't even know she was going to do that by then. And she essentially blew up the symbol of the religion that at least eighty percent of the country are. Tarly should not have joined her under ANY circumstance if he had any honor. He should have stayed with house tyrell. Not cersei who was once the queen and then the mother of two kings. Lets be generous and say  that it had been six months since she had been walked through the streets of kings landing naked being laughed at and having them throw rotten food and crap at her. She was already hated by the entire city before that. The only way she could have gotten away with doing what she did and then taking power is if she had ALOT of support from other rulers which she didn't have.

But lets say she did get away with it. She didn't get tarly to join her that was jaime who she no longer has. And it goes directly against lore to have anyone besides the iron born follow euron. The iron born are hated by ALL the other kingdoms and would never be okay with having one be their king or king consort. The only things she did on her own taht was beneficial to her was betray dany which anyone with a brain could have seen coming. However remember that dany was only asking for a temporary truce between her and cersei's forces. Cersei  then said she would send her forces north. And so far all we know is cersei and euron bought more soldiers. Until she attacks something dany took she still hasn't broke the original truce idea that dany had. So all cersei really did  was break her word when she didn't need too.

26 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

yes, you need to scroll back and read the rest of the discussion.

I know you guys were saying that she would trick cersei into believing it. I was just saying  that if they actually did it would ruin her character. I think even cersei is smart enough to know sansa wouldn't help her.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Sansa...sigh. I liked her a lot in episode 1 and 2. Heck, I would have had her as my ideal leader over any man or woman. 

But then the show suddenly makes her into an awful leader, a coward in episode 3. Like they're totally different characters. No consistency. I understand that she'd be afraid but the things she has suffered has made her this strong, intelligent woman. I was expecting her to stand up and act like a queen, instead she acted like an emo child who gave up on everyone and everything in a matter of seconds. The Sansa of episode 1 and 2 wouldn't have behaved that way, despite her fear. The episode was already bad enough and full of errors but they also totally butchered the characters. One moment Arya is taking out a gazillion enemies seconds later she's this afraid little girl who can't take on 3-4 wights. So inconsistent.

I don't understand how sansa gave up on everyone and everything. She can't fight physically so her hiding in the crypts makes sense otherwise she would be in the way and people would try to save her. When the crypt was overrun you saw she was gonna go out and fight them with the dagger. Now that said Her comment about dany was ridiculous and made her look bad in my opinion.

I kinda agree with you on arya. However by that point the castle is over run completly and she couldn't fight them all at once. And I think she had been wounded a few times. However her character has been overpowered for a while. she spent a year with the faceless men and afterwards can beat brieen is single combat. Maybe she could be quicker on the draw and better at cloack and dagger stuff but not a stand up fight with brienne wearing armor. And the show seriously downplays how important armor is on the mid evil battlefield but that is a different discussion.

22 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I don't understand how sansa gave up on everyone and everything. She can't fight physically so her hiding in the crypts makes sense otherwise she would be in the way and people would try to save her. When the crypt was overrun you saw she was gonna go out and fight them with the dagger. Now that said Her comment about dany was ridiculous and made her look bad in my opinion.

I kinda agree with you on arya. However by that point the castle is over run completly and she couldn't fight them all at once. And I think she had been wounded a few times. However her character has been overpowered for a while. she spent a year with the faceless men and afterwards can beat brieen is single combat. Maybe she could be quicker on the draw and better at cloack and dagger stuff but not a stand up fight with brienne wearing armor. And the show seriously downplays how important armor is on the mid evil battlefield but that is a different discussion.

I mean Sansa as in her leadership skills. Acting like a queen, inspiring her people, giving hope and motivating them in their hours of fear and darkness. 

I thought Arya was a super assassin capable of almost everything ? That's how I saw it in episode 3. She can miraculously kill like 10-20 wights in a small space but can't even handle 3-4 in a library,. Yeah the castle was overrun but with her abilities, that shouldn't have been a poblem either. Remember the last time she was hurt ? With multiple fatal stab wounds ? She was still sprinting effortlessly with no loss of strength or stamina all around Braavos lol. You telling me a small wound is going to stop this superhero ? She can miraculously do a Space Jam Michael Jordan leap of at least 15-20 feet, inhuman. Surely she could take out hordes of wights even in a small alley. So absurd that the Hound had to go and save Arya lol, he was one of the most useless characters in that episode. If anything, Arya should be the one defending the Hound. Arya doesn't need any help with her powers. I'm not even gonna comment about the Brienne thing. Her entire arc in Braavos barely lasted a year, of which mostly was her wandering around without her sight, cleaning up and the occassional stave lessons in which she sucked mostly. Then after she is being hunted by super assassins and she has to hide and run, you know basically act like a super assassin, she just walks around in Braavos casually with no disguise whatsoever, leading up to the moment where she got stabbed lol. Her training was so overrated compared to her abilities today. 2 weeks of training with Syrio (which was barely worth much) and a few months of training in Braavos. That's it. Her waving her stick around all alone isn't what I'd call training. That doesn't make you a martial artist. It takes decades of intense and rigid training to achieve that. 

38 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

I mean Sansa as in her leadership skills. Acting like a queen, inspiring her people, giving hope and motivating them in their hours of fear and darkness.  

I thought Arya was a super assassin capable of almost everything ? That's how I saw it in episode 3. She can miraculously kill like 10-20 wights in a small space but can't even handle 3-4 in a library,. Yeah the castle was overrun but with her abilities, that shouldn't have been a poblem either. Remember the last time she was hurt ? With multiple fatal stab wounds ? She was still sprinting effortlessly with no loss of strength or stamina all around Braavos lol. You telling me a small wound is going to stop this superhero ? She can miraculously do a Space Jam Michael Jordan leap of at least 15-20 feet, inhuman. Surely she could take out hordes of wights even in a small alley. So absurd that the Hound had to go and save Arya lol, he was one of the most useless characters in that episode. If anything, Arya should be the one defending the Hound. Arya doesn't need any help with her powers. I'm not even gonna comment about the Brienne thing. Her entire arc in Braavos barely lasted a year, of which mostly was her wandering around without her sight, cleaning up and the occassional stave lessons in which she sucked mostly. Then after she is being hunted by super assassins and she has to hide and run, you know basically act like a super assassin, she just walks around in Braavos casually with no disguise whatsoever, leading up to the moment where she got stabbed lol. Her training was so overrated compared to her abilities today. 2 weeks of training with Syrio (which was barely worth much) and a few months of training in Braavos. That's it. Her waving her stick around all alone isn't what I'd call training. That doesn't make you a martial artist. It takes decades of intense and rigid training to achieve that. 

Plus, she trained with a wooden staff. How the heck does she suddenly excel at using any weapon?

Her superpowers only appeared last season or two back which was probably when the writers decided they had enough of Braavos and needed her Faceless Men-fill-plotholes-off-screen-skills so boom, here we go: Super Ninja Arya. Training? It was extensive, damn it! You just didn't see it because it was done off-screen...

She is so overpowered in this battle it makes me sick, and then for some reason, the guys decided "let's make her look vulnerable" and then it's like she lost all her superpowers and started running for her life as she should, beating her head on the wall and having to resort to stealth to evade the librarian zombies. And THEN just like that, what do we say to the God of Death? Not today! Boom, she recovered all her powers and might, teleported to the NK and murdered him with ease.

Also, what's with her inconsistent personality? She was very cold and calculating last season and now, for some reason, she's all emotional again... lol what.

42 minutes ago, Winterz said:

Plus, she trained with a wooden staff. How the heck does she suddenly excel at using any weapon?

Her superpowers only appeared last season or two back which was probably when the writers decided they had enough of Braavos and needed her Faceless Men-fill-plotholes-off-screen-skills so boom, here we go: Super Ninja Arya. Training? It was extensive, damn it! You just didn't see it because it was done off-screen...

She is so overpowered in this battle it makes me sick, and then for some reason, the guys decided "let's make her look vulnerable" and then it's like she lost all her superpowers and started running for her life as she should, beating her head on the wall and having to resort to stealth to evade the librarian zombies. And THEN just like that, what do we say to the God of Death? Not today! Boom, she recovered all her powers and might, teleported to the NK and murdered him with ease.

Also, what's with her inconsistent personality? She was very cold and calculating last season and now, for some reason, she's all emotional again... lol what.

Haha thanks for pointing that out, I hear that one a lot from the defenders about the NK scene who say Arya is capable of all of that because of her training. Makes me laugh. Even off screen, common sense would tell you that no human is capable of reaching that level in mere months of training, not even excessive training. Not like she was training in fighting the entire time. Most of that time went to cleaning, wandering and learning how to silently go around, which at the end of her training when she was being hunted, she showed THE EXACT OPPOSITE LOL. She was awful at the stealth part, wandering around in the middle of the day looking out on the bridge where everyone could easily spot her haha and then getting stabbed. Even off screen training couldn't improve her stealth abilities but suddenly I'm supposed to believe otherwise. But she's been training since season 1 !!! lmao. I can just train at home all day with a stick, all by myself for decades, I'll still be shit at that. Even the most skilled people go through vigorous training by others to achieve that level, and that's after at least a decade or more. In short, her stealth, fight training lasted merely months and since most of it also went to sleeping, eating, cleaning and wandering around, it's safe to assume her training was even shorter than that. Way shorter.

Archived