MCUniverse: Phase Four and Beyond(er) **maybe spoilers**

PyroclasticFlow

40 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Into the spiderverse is the best spidey movie ever and one of if not the best superhero movies ever.

In a way it makes sense live-action spidey would be the MCU film to lean into this. It allows them to connect into "into the spider-verse" worlds as well as suggesting venom, morbius etc are all part of the MCU multiverse.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Into the spiderverse is the best spidey movie ever and one of if not the best superhero movies ever.

Agreed.

It also sort of implied that the Tobey Maguire Spidey was the Spiderman in Miles Morales' universe with the scene where it shows the dancing and says "We don't talk about this."  :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Agreed.

It also sort of implied that the Tobey Maguire Spidey was the Spiderman in Miles Morales' universe with the scene where it shows the dancing and says "We don't talk about this."  :lol: 

That was part of the charm getting some closure on the maguire spidey. 

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Yep. Just like the Lego Movie, where they leaned into all of the sets, including some of the really stupid ones. They acknowledge all the hits and the misses and everything and said 'yep, it's all us' and made it better. 

It's staggering how much thought and intent went into that movie. 

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Yep. Just like the Lego Movie, where they leaned into all of the sets, including some of the really stupid ones. They acknowledge all the hits and the misses and everything and said 'yep, it's all us' and made it better. 

It's staggering how much thought and intent went into that movie. 

You're reminding me that I need to watch it again now it's on home release. I also loved how we got

a fairly good take on a grown up Spidey/Parker. How he found purpose again through being Miles mentor was one of the best takes I've seen in any film with the student/mentor dynamic

Much like the Lego movie, it probably also helped a lot that it appeared the film was just a callous cashgrab from Sony. Then the surprise that they'd put more thought and effort into it than the last 4 spider-man films.

I just read that while Miller and Lord aren't working on the sequels/spin-offs, they have signed a 5 year deal with Sony to create an animated spider-verse show. I'm intrigued. 

On 5/10/2019 at 5:39 PM, Rhom said:

On 5/10/2019 at 6:07 PM, red snow said:

It's definitely not meant to be him coz he punches the car rather than catch MJ in the restaurant moment.

I sorta assumed that Peter B. Parker was meant to be him, and I know he was meant to be voiced by him originally, but they decided against it coz they thought it might confuse people or something.

5 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

It would be exciting to take the risk, though.

It's just a question of whether you trust her and you shouldn't be doing that with anyone you can't trust. She seems pretty skilled and worthy of trust.

9 hours ago, polishgenius said:

It's definitely not meant to be him coz he punches the car rather than catch MJ in the restaurant moment.

I sorta assumed that Peter B. Parker was meant to be him, and I know he was meant to be voiced by him originally, but they decided against it coz they thought it might confuse people or something.

Oh, I didn't mean it is the same version - just given the films began in early 2000s it's the equivalent of a late30s/early 40s Spidey which we are unlikely to see otherwise in film or comics (although comic spidey is probably near 30 now)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So people stopped going to see Endgame.  I don't get that.   Everybody all at once decided they'd seen it enough times?    That's suspicious.    Some people were bound to drop out, the ones who keep going on about how they have kids and no free time.   That's to be expected.  But everybody?    That smells fishy.  A ninth of us should still be at Endgame screenings according to my calculations.    The Keanu series where he shoots people doesn't even have spoilers, it's just him shooting people.  And I don't know if I'm ready to let Will Smith back into my circle of trust.   Obviously, something's going on that we're not being told.  Cameron made some calls and the fix was in to save his top spot on the leader board.   Yes.   I see you, Avatar Guy.

19 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

So people stopped going to see Endgame.  I don't get that.   Everybody all at once decided they'd seen it enough times?    That's suspicious.    Some people were bound to drop out, the ones who keep going on about how they have kids and no free time.   That's to be expected.  But everybody?    That smells fishy.  A ninth of us should still be at Endgame screenings according to my calculations.    The Keanu series where he shoots people doesn't even have spoilers, it's just him shooting people.  And I don't know if I'm ready to let Will Smith back into my circle of trust.   Obviously, something's going on that we're not being told.  Cameron made some calls and the fix was in to save his top spot on the leader board.   Yes.   I see you, Avatar Guy.

Keanu stopped me from an endgame rewatch today. I guess kids are going to Aladdin.

I might go and see it next week if dark phoenix reviews are as bad as expected. I'm not giving them money for another bad phoenix adaptation and apocalypse soured me.

There was a rumour floating that marvel wants David Morrissey to sign on for a multi-film role in phase 4. He'd make a great Dr Doom irrespective of the constant "no FF or X-men as we have phase 4 planned". If you can stick spidey into phase 3 on short notice you can easily stick your best villain-to-be into phase 4. 

32 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I've never read a comic in my life. Why do people always go on about dr doom as a great villain? 

He's got a weird pomposity about him that is fun, has a dictatorship that no-one ever seems to challenge and is usually the villain that comes out on top. He's also not averse to helping out the heroes if there's a villain trying to take over the world/universe/multiverse before him.

He also may have inspired Lucas to create Darth Vader

Yeah I think it's basically a combination of really OTT mad-scientist/sorcerer villanous grandeur with character (and narrative) traits you'd usually associate with a hero - practicaliy, willpower, and just a tremendous ability to Get Shit Done. 

Archived