MCUniverse: Phase Four and Beyond(er) **maybe spoilers**

PyroclasticFlow

If you think me saying "I'm all for tangents, but can we please stop talking about Avatar in the MCU thread?  I don't give a shit about Avatar 2 or 3 or 4 or 5" is representative of me thinking I'm better than anyone in any way, that's a you problem.  It was a simple request.  If you have such a problem with me take it to PM.

27 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Right, like my comment came out of nowhere but all of the sudden that one quote in this thread stirred me.  So now you're insulting everyone's intelligence.  And asserting authority like you are the be all end all on stuff, the exact accusation in the first place.  Oh, let me meekly take it to PM cause you said so.  

Dude what is your deal?  I said take it to PM because this doesn't belong in any thread and will probably get deleted.  So, yeah, even if it somehow offends you when I ask it, take it to PM.

3 hours ago, HokieStone said:

Saw Endgame for the 2nd time today.  During the final battle, Spidey is swinging across the battlefield on his webs...but I have no idea what he was attaching them to. 

Also, it got me thinking about the Black Widow standalone movie.  If Cap went back in time and replaced all the stones at the moment they were taken...I wonder if they're going to use that to bring Widow back to life.  Like...I can see the whole movie being a prequel, and then the post-credit scene being Cap (if they can get Evans to do a cameo) showing up to Vormir and undoing Widow's death. 

DaveSumm swoops in on seemingly unsupported webbing to bring the thread back to its proper place: time travel stuff!

Nah, Widow’s death is permanent. Otherwise it’d be a rubbish trade: you could gather the other stones first, snap half the universe right there, then immediately trade it back for whoever you sacrificed. Widow is perma-dead, Gamora-who-remembers-the-Guardians-films is perma-dead. And I’d be shocked if Evans is ever in the MCU again.

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

DaveSumm swoops in on seemingly unsupported webbing to bring the thread back to its proper place: time travel stuff!

Nah, Widow’s death is permanent. Otherwise it’d be a rubbish trade: you could gather the other stones first, snap half the universe right there, then immediately trade it back for whoever you sacrificed. Widow is perma-dead, Gamora-who-remembers-the-Guardians-films is perma-dead. And I’d be shocked if Evans is ever in the MCU again.

Except now we have multiverses. So, no one is ever really gone...oops sorry wrong movie franchise.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:02 AM, DaveSumm said:

And I’d be shocked if Evans is ever in the MCU again.

I have this odd suspicion that in a few years time we will all be reading big headlines about how Steve Rogers is going to be making an appearance in the MCU, as a way of pricking up ears at a slightly flagging film franchise thats running out of steam. 

I imagine there will end up being some big ' New Avengers vs Old Avengers' movie at some point.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, HokieStone said:

Saw Endgame for the 2nd time today.  During the final battle, Spidey is swinging across the battlefield on his webs...but I have no idea what he was attaching them to. 

I saw an illustration on Reddit of the charge in end where spiderman's web was attached to Ant Man's extended hand.

Was it just me who did not readily appreciate at the time that they would not be able to get Natasha back after she jumped? Maybe my brain was switched off at the time or I was thinking about something else (there was some seriously weird editing a couple of scenes earlier), but when they said that she was dead for good, my reaction was something of a delayed “OH... well shit”

On 6/22/2019 at 6:36 AM, polishgenius said:

All this is irrelevant coz Endgame may or may not beat Avatar and Avatar 2 may or may not beat both but all of them are going to get crushed by Hobbes & Shaw.

Both sad and true...

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I have this odd suspicion that in a few years time we will all be reading big headlines about how Steve Rogers is going to be making an appearance in the MCU, as a way of pricking up ears at a slightly flagging film franchise thats running out of steam. 

I imagine there will end up being some big ' New Avengers vs Old Avengers' movie at some point.

Before or after avengers vs X-men? Or avengers vs the sith? Or avengers vs Pixar universe? There's a lot of options

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Vision is still dead, too, but he could be brought back if they wanted to, without affecting the timeline.

Pretty sure the Scarlet Witch show is called WandaVision isn't it? So presumably he'll be back. Whether he'll be his old self or not remains to be seen. But probably not. I'm picturing emotionally distant creepy Vision who eventually tries to kill her for some reason. 

37 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I'm guessing that show is going to be both bonkers as fuck and possible all in Wanda's head.

Speaking of which... when does Legion come back on???

ETA:  Tonight!!!!

On 6/24/2019 at 1:04 PM, Heartofice said:

And in the final act they set aside their differences to face down a mindless CGI mob controlled by some villain vaguely trying to destroy the world because *mumblefumble*

anyway, i’m excited for Spiderman. I’ve loved the trailers. I thoroughly enjoyed the first film because of the cast and characters and “smaller” stakes so i hope the sequel can maintain that charm given the larger scale of it. I don’t care at all whether it makes sense in terms of five year jumps and whatnot

One of the spider-man bus posters looks like it has galactus' helmet in the background. Probably just a weird coincidence but it had me wondering

Edit. Nevermind. Just saw full poster and it's a spider. The bus cut the bottom half off hence the confusion

Man, every time I read the thread title it makes me think "McUniverse". I think we might well have reached that point where we can make the "c" lower case and McDonald-ise this franchise.

40 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Man, every time I read the thread title it makes me think "McUniverse". I think we might well have reached that point where we can make the "c" lower case and McDonald-ise this franchise.

But the MCU is actually good...

Archived