Emilia Clarke hinted on Jimmy Kimmel's show that something really huge will be revealed in Episode 5

the red god

Well I do think it is likely to be the most interesting episode of the season in terms of various schemes, betrayals and conflicts coming to their conclusion, likely with some of those schemes being things that cause us as the audience intense agony.

Episode 5 is the second to last, so it is, just like Ned's execution, and the Red Wedding, the episode where the earthquake events happen, while the final episode wraps things up.

4 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Is that the episode where dumb Snow is captured and beheaded by Cersei ?

Yes.  But only after he gets a few more hundreds or thousands killed by doing something stupid, and he is killed by the drunk queen, which is a fitting end for him as he hasn't made a good call since maybe somewhere in season 5? 

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They should all die, really.  They're too stupid and awful to live.  But I don't think Jon kills Dany, although since it would be a truly horrible end of the story, thereby utterly destroying both of their stories which are only about 80% ruined, it could happen, but I doubt it.

Honestly, at this point if Danny doesn t get the throne what is the point of her entire story? 

Kill all the dothriaki in the world? Give a dragon and means of breaking the wall to the NK? killing all the unsullied we know of? Doing nothing in the war again the dead? 

Given what they did this ep it is probable that Danny will die... 

Just now, divica said:

Honestly, at this point if Danny doesn t get the throne what is the point of her entire story? 

Kill all the dothriaki in the world? Give a dragon and means of breaking the wall to the NK? killing all the unsullied we know of? Doing nothing in the war again the dead? 

Given what they did this ep it is probable that Danny will die... 

What's the point of Jon's story?  If he dies now, he's a high profile failure.  If he rules Westeros, he's a high profile failure who failed up somehow.  I don't know which is worse.  But, same for Dany, she has gotten so many of her allies killed for no reason, because: Arya was all that was needed, if she doesn't ultimately get the IT, what was the purpose, just getting people killed?  But then, do you want someone with judgement that poor that they get 2/3 or more of their allies killed to be running your country?  And if they BOTH live, it's like a bizarro Disney ending tacked on to a dark story? 

12 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

They should all die, really.  They're too stupid and awful to live.  But I don't think Jon kills Dany, although since it would be a truly horrible end of the story, thereby utterly destroying both of their stories which are only about 80% ruined, it could happen, but I doubt it.

jon is fairly unlikely. my money would either be jaime because hurr durr he's duh kingslayer (there are already possible red flags that she is slowly going mad) or brienne will kill her to protect sansa. 

wasn't at least one of the leaks already proven to be false? i try to avoid the leaks because i don't like reading potential spoilers (thaaanks, guys....).

1 minute ago, the red god said:

jon is fairly unlikely. my money would either be jaime because hurr durr he's duh kingslayer (there are already possible red flags that she is slowly going mad) or brienne will kill her to protect sansa. 

I could be wrong, but I really think the show believes they are showing us Dany being a StrongWomanLeader.  In the same way that despite the things that Sansa says and does are mostly shortsighted and inappropriate, the show is telegraphing to us that we are to see these things she does as StrongWomanLeader.  So, I doubt that Dany goes crazy.  But, after ep3, I wouldn't rule out any inanity as being off the table.

23 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yes.  But only after he gets a few more hundreds or thousands killed by doing something stupid, and he is killed by the drunk queen, which is a fitting end for him as he hasn't made a good call since maybe somewhere in season 5? 

I'm laughting but dying on the inside.

''Look how they massacred my boy''.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I could be wrong, but I really think the show believes they are showing us Dany being a StrongWomanLeader.  In the same way that despite the things that Sansa says and does are mostly shortsighted and inappropriate, the show is telegraphing to us that we are to see these things she does as StrongWomanLeader.  So, I doubt that Dany goes crazy.  But, after ep3, I wouldn't rule out any inanity as being off the table.

i'm also not ruling out arya killing her for her true blue-eyed victim. the night king was just too damn obvious and emilia has blue-ish eyes (i honestly can't tell if they're blue or green and, no, i'm not color blind) even though they're purple in the books iirc.

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What's the point of Jon's story?  If he dies now, he's a high profile failure.  If he rules Westeros, he's a high profile failure who failed up somehow.  I don't know which is worse.  But, same for Dany, she has gotten so many of her allies killed for no reason, because: Arya was all that was needed, if she doesn't ultimately get the IT, what was the purpose, just getting people killed?  But then, do you want someone with judgement that poor that they get 2/3 or more of their allies killed to be running your country?  And if they BOTH live, it's like a bizarro Disney ending tacked on to a dark story? 

Between Jon and Danny I think Jon is the one that makes sense to rebuild a war thorn westeros. I just can t imagine show Danny doing it. It would be extremely weird! 

And it doesn t need to be a disney ending for both of them to survive. It can still be bittersweet depending in what happens to the other people and westeros as a whole. 

However they have developed these last 3 eps very poorly. First I have no idea why jon would want the IT, then if they wanted to go this route I would expect more regions to be involved in the final battle and some people planning to betray them for Cersei or to put Jon on the throne instead of Danny) without him knowing) or something along those lines.... 

The problem is that now we don t have believable political games. I just can t believe in a feud between jon and Danny after they fell in love and fought this war together. 

Ah, in regards to people believing in Jon's legitimacy. With the north, vale and river lands (because of family ties) believing in the story he has the support of more than half of westeros... 

35 minutes ago, the red god said:

lolwut? he's the rightful heir to the iron throne.

who doesn't want it. his entire purpose has been to kill the NK. Now in 3 episodes his character is going to do a 180?

7 minutes ago, divica said:

Between Jon and Danny I think Jon is the one that makes sense to rebuild a war thorn westeros. I just can t imagine show Danny doing it. It would be extremely weird! 

And it doesn t need to be a disney ending for both of them to survive. It can still be bittersweet depending in what happens to the other people and westeros as a whole. 

However they have developed these last 3 eps very poorly. First I have no idea why jon would want the IT, then if they wanted to go this route I would expect more regions to be involved in the final battle and some people planning to betray them for Cersei or to put Jon on the throne instead of Danny) without him knowing) or something along those lines.... 

The problem is that now we don t have believable political games. I just can t believe in a feud between jon and Danny after they fell in love and fought this war together. 

Ah, in regards to people believing in Jon's legitimacy. With the north, vale and river lands (because of family ties) believing in the story he has the support of more than half of westeros... 

No one wants Jon as King.  Not even the Northerners, they want Sansa and the Vale wants Sansa. The South isn't going to even believe that the White Walkers were real, why would they?  Of course if the show wants it to happen, it will happen, but what they have actually put on the screen is of Jon Snow as a brutally incompetent leader whose own people rejected him after he bent the knee.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

No one wants Jon as King.  Not even the Northerners, they want Sansa and the Vale wants Sansa. The South isn't going to even believe that the White Walkers were real, why would they?  Of course if the show wants it to happen, it will happen, but what they have actually put on the screen is of Jon Snow as a brutally incompetent leader whose own people rejected him after he bent the knee.

I would say they have shown that jon is the leader with the better ideas and that everybody ends up hating because they are small minded. Every time jon made a decision (and they were the right decisions) everybody basically rises agains him (cersei is really lucky to not be in the north).

After this battle the northerns either are extremely angry because he and danny made a bad situation even worse or as all people in the show are stupid will be very happy. I mean, danny defended their realm and jon was able to see the bigger picture and bring the dragon queen to the north. And if the north is happy the vale is also happy because they are sansa's little bitch...

And as the riverlands are kin to sansa and arya and were allied to robb it makes sense they  will follow whatever the starks tell them.

So if the starks want to sell jon as rhaegar's son it makes sense that most of westeros believes them for familly ties.

If we take into account that the westerlands should be in crumbles and that whatever remains of the reach should believe in the word of a tarly then most of westeros should accept jon as a targ…

Even the stormlands might be receptive through davos for some reason...

And now I now how we will end the show. Jon is crowned king and then "3 months later" we have the small council stabbing jon NW style!

Archived