Emilia Clarke hinted on Jimmy Kimmel's show that something really huge will be revealed in Episode 5

the red god

I think the end of Episode 3 is the logical end of The Winds of Winter and the remaining episodes are the beginning of A Dream of Spring with Episode 6 being a longer view of what happens after the immediate events of King's Landing. With the end of the show being the beginning event that sparks the next major event in the world.

It seems unlikely that there will be a stop end to this show. Especially with the plan for a possible 4 more series in this world coming to HBO, there needs to be the possibility for not only prequels but for future stories.

3 hours ago, divica said:

I would say they have shown that jon is the leader with the better ideas and that everybody ends up hating because they are small minded. Every time jon made a decision (and they were the right decisions) everybody basically rises agains him (cersei is really lucky to not be in the north).

After this battle the northerns either are extremely angry because he and danny made a bad situation even worse or as all people in the show are stupid will be very happy. I mean, danny defended their realm and jon was able to see the bigger picture and bring the dragon queen to the north. And if the north is happy the vale is also happy because they are sansa's little bitch...

And as the riverlands are kin to sansa and arya and were allied to robb it makes sense they  will follow whatever the starks tell them.

So if the starks want to sell jon as rhaegar's son it makes sense that most of westeros believes them for familly ties.

If we take into account that the westerlands should be in crumbles and that whatever remains of the reach should believe in the word of a tarly then most of westeros should accept jon as a targ…

Even the stormlands might be receptive through davos for some reason...

And now I now how we will end the show. Jon is crowned king and then "3 months later" we have the small council stabbing jon NW style!

I find this scenario very likely. 

The stormlands might be receptive not only through Davos, but also Gendry, who can be legitimised, restore House Baratheon, and is obviously on Jon's side through Arya.

It seems unlikely that there will be a stop end to this show. Especially with the plan for a possible 4 more series in this world coming to HBO, there needs to be the possibility for not only prequels but for future stories.

This is not so clear since Robert Greenblatt took office as HBO's big boss.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26633891/game-of-thrones-prequel-long-night-hbo-boss-not-sure-spinoff/

He said:

"The last thing you want to do is roll out a spinoff or two and they’re not up to the standard of the original show and then you’ve just sort of failed miserably. But sure, it makes sense to try to sustain it if we can. You know, can you really do two spinoffs? I don’t know. " And then adds "I mean, I’m not even sure you can do one. You know, so I don’t know yet is the big, long boring answer and I wish I did."

It's curious that he talks about the "standard of the original show". Maybe what happened is just the opposite, and after watching this season he does not want more of this.  

Bryan Cogman announced a week ago that his prequel is definitely not happening.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/game-of-thrones-bryan-cogmans-prequel-is-dead-at-hbo.html

4 hours ago, divica said:

Honestly, at this point if Danny doesn t get the throne what is the point of her entire story? 

Kill all the dothriaki in the world? Give a dragon and means of breaking the wall to the NK? killing all the unsullied we know of? Doing nothing in the war again the dead? 

Given what they did this ep it is probable that Danny will die... 

Danys real mission: rid the world of Dothraiki screamers and eunochs....

Just now, LucyMormont said:

This is not so clear since Robert Greenblatt took office as HBO's big boss.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26633891/game-of-thrones-prequel-long-night-hbo-boss-not-sure-spinoff/

He said:

"The last thing you want to do is roll out a spinoff or two and they’re not up to the standard of the original show and then you’ve just sort of failed miserably. But sure, it makes sense to try to sustain it if we can. You know, can you really do two spinoffs? I don’t know. " And then adds "I mean, I’m not even sure you can do one. You know, so I don’t know yet is the big, long boring answer and I wish I did."

It's curious that he talks about the "standard of the original show". Maybe what happened is just the opposite, and after watching this season he does not want more of this.  

Bryan Cogman announced a week ago that his prequel is definitely not happening.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/04/game-of-thrones-bryan-cogmans-prequel-is-dead-at-hbo.html

I think people need to understand that there won t be a new series like GOT was in its earlier seasons. The script of GOT were 5 huge books that took grrm years to write and are extremely complex.

Besides grrm's geral good taste ( won t ever forgive him for saying joffrey paid for bran's assassination) he spent years thinking about this story. Then we have 2 idiots that spend another couple of years thinking on how to adapt the first books into a TV show with a lot of help from grrm.

Series just don t have so much preparation into their story. When a series starts nobody knows what will happen 3 years in the future. You can only do something with the quality of GOT if you have a book to guide yourself and can drop hints and prepare future plots because you already know they will happen.

So despite the quality of the writers it is very dificult that any of the prequels will have the same spirit as GOT. And they shouldn t even try! We just have to see how ridiculous it is for us to have no idea what is happening in dorne, the reach, stormlands, vale or riverlands for years while in the beguining we knew how all kingdoms less dorne were reacting to the war. People just don t have the capacity or talent to do such a complex story like got was...

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

No one wants Jon as King.  Not even the Northerners, they want Sansa and the Vale wants Sansa. The South isn't going to even believe that the White Walkers were real, why would they?  Of course if the show wants it to happen, it will happen, but what they have actually put on the screen is of Jon Snow as a brutally incompetent leader whose own people rejected him after he bent the knee.

To be fair though, Jon almost never wants the titles he is given lol. They just keep falling into his dang lap! Didn't want to be Lord Commander....boom  he is. Didn't ask to be King in the North....whoops too late....and finally hey, you're the one true heir of Westeros. Inside his head he's like "son of a bitch!":blink:

16 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

Thans for the vid. 

She does not say that something huge will be revealed, but that "episode 5 is bigger" and then she says "find the biggest TV you can"; so I guess her words are more in the order of "visually stunning",  not in the sense of a big revelation.

It's directed by Michael Sapochnik... so its probably gonna involve a massive, visually stunning battle scene, or a big Wildfire scene, or a combo of BOTH.
He directed the episodes that included Hardhome, The Battle of the Bastards, The Great Sept getting Wildfired, and The Long Night... so he's got form for those kinds of visual spectacle battle episodes.

14 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Well I do think it is likely to be the most interesting episode of the season in terms of various schemes, betrayals and conflicts coming to their conclusion, likely with some of those schemes being things that cause us as the audience intense agony.

Episode 5 is the second to last, so it is, just like Ned's execution, and the Red Wedding, the episode where the earthquake events happen, while the final episode wraps things up.

I think because its Sapochnik directing Ep 5, it'll be mainly action & visual effects... with some long awaited gut-wrencher deaths of some main characters... but not a resolve... it's got to end on a heck of a cliffhanger that won't get resolved til Ep6.

Episode 4 is more likely to be where you'll see the the various schemes, betrayals and conflicts getting set up & woven with dialogue and plot... David Nutter is directing it...  he directed the Red Wedding, Cersei's "Shame shame" episode, as well as the first two episodes of this season, so it'll likely be slower paced to give a breather after the big battle, but with lots of plot unwrapped, but hopefully full of excruciating "omg" moments.

3 hours ago, LadyBlackwater said:

To be fair though, Jon almost never wants the titles he is given lol. They just keep falling into his dang lap! Didn't want to be Lord Commander....boom  he is. Didn't ask to be King in the North....whoops too late....and finally hey, you're the one true heir of Westeros. Inside his head he's like "son of a bitch!":blink:

He might want to consider keeping this one or he could be God Emperor next.

3 hours ago, LadyBlackwater said:

Aw, poor Jon. The only title he's ever really wanted was the surname Stark... but Nope, you're a Targ dude! :D

10 hours ago, TheWolfOfCambridge said:

I think the end of Episode 3 is the logical end of The Winds of Winter and the remaining episodes are the beginning of A Dream of Spring with Episode 6 being a longer view of what happens after the immediate events of King's Landing. With the end of the show being the beginning event that sparks the next major event in the world.

I completely disagree.

You do realize that, according to your logic, The Winds of Winter would translate into twenty episodes (or ~1200 minutes) of screentime whereas A Dream of Spring would consist of three 90 minute episodes (180 minutes)

Make it make sense. Cause there's no way.

The Winds of Winter likely consists of all season 6 and parts of season 7 (Sam in Oldtown, Dany in Vaes Dothrak, Cersei continuing to scheme from a low-power position, the Wall falling) while A Dream of Spring takes up most of season 7 and all of season 8 (the Starks reuniting, Daenerys invasion, Euron x Cersei).

That's a bit more sensible.

Haters gonna hate.  Dany will be worthy whether she lives or dies.

All this nonsense about how selfless Jon is.  He wanted the Stark name all his life and to be called Lord of Winterfell after Robb is killed and he believes Rickon and  Bran are dead. He wants it so much he seriously considers Stannis offer.

I believe Dany will remain absent from the next battle and show up at the most opportune time with a large number of young Dragons hatched on Dragonstone who are too many, small and swift to be felled by Scorpions but big enough to do serious damage to ships.

That or Rhaegal, isn’t dead.

Meanwhile, Varys convinces the Golden Company to switch sides.

And why the F- is Dany not considered a War Hero, too?

On 5/4/2019 at 6:46 AM, Jabar of House Titan said:

I completely disagree.

You do realize that, according to your logic, The Winds of Winter would translate into twenty episodes (or ~1200 minutes) of screentime whereas A Dream of Spring would consist of three 90 minute episodes (180 minutes)

Make it make sense. Cause there's no way.

The Winds of Winter likely consists of all season 6 and parts of season 7 (Sam in Oldtown, Dany in Vaes Dothrak, Cersei continuing to scheme from a low-power position, the Wall falling) while A Dream of Spring takes up most of season 7 and all of season 8 (the Starks reuniting, Daenerys invasion, Euron x Cersei).

That's a bit more sensible.

Frankly, most of everything in the show beyond Dany being in Vaes Dothrak and probably Jon's general trajectory are likely pure original ideas with a few loosely cribbed off of GRRM's notes and guesses as to what directions the characters will go into.

Cersei will in no way be what she is in the show. She is genuinely incompetent and just a deluded harpy. She is all cool and competent in the show because the showrunners love Lena Headey to pieces.

Archived