Emilia Clarke hinted on Jimmy Kimmel's show that something really huge will be revealed in Episode 5

the red god

18 hours ago, Municipal Engines said:

Frankly, most of everything in the show beyond Dany being in Vaes Dothrak and probably Jon's general trajectory are likely pure original ideas with a few loosely cribbed off of GRRM's notes and guesses as to what directions the characters will go into.

Cersei will in no way be what she is in the show. She is genuinely incompetent and just a deluded harpy. She is all cool and competent in the show because the showrunners love Lena Headey to pieces. 

I would agree.

I haven't read the thread, but I'd be very surprised if Daenerys dies in episode 5 after hearing Emilas' "hint".

She's very fond of her character, so her hinting about something big happening in the same episode as Daenerys dying seems unlikely. 

4 hours ago, Obsidian Knight said:

I hope that this huge thing is the dragon laying some eggs.

There isn't time left for dragons to hatch and then grow large enough to be useful at this point. So I would say it is more likely that a dragon will be revived with blood and fire magic. Rhaegal fell into the sea right near Dragonstone. If not Rhaegal, then some other blood magic creature will make an appearance.

Ive two tin foil theories...

One is because of Cersei's "sense of poetic justic" in murdering enemies, she might try to burn Danny alive (which we know wont work) or because of Jons "how to kill a dead man demonstration" in season 7, she'll have john stabbed through the heart with a piece of dragon glass. which could turn Jon into ice and Danny fire.

I'm still expecting another Rhaegar flash back to be involved, possibly with Bran interfering. If Rhagar did survive and is hiding as a faceless man I hope he has a dragon of his own.

But only two episodes left, I'm going to miss speculating about this show. :( 

3 hours ago, Kaguya said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If the leaks add up - It’s Tyrion’s betrayal 

Spoiler

He will betray who? Dany for Jon or Cersei for Jon & Dany?

2 hours ago, Erkan12 said:
  Hide contents

For who? Jon or Cersei?

Spoiler

Good question.  The source says Tyrion's secretly in love w/Dany, which is why he looked bummed on the boat when Dany and Jon first got it on, and he decides to join team Cersei and then get captured and have a trial and get whacked.  

I wanted to add:  I read that thread last night and never have any other season, so no clue how much confidence I have or whatever.  Not even sure I really care, I just hope they can at least make it visually and acoustically stunning.  

I thought the background music in ep3 as NK walked up to Bran was artistically amazing.  Added so much depth IMO as the melody changed into deliberate out-of-tune minor key despair music.  (Exactly like the out-of-tune acoustic guitar at the beginning of the NIN song The Downward Spiral, which is a super-downer and beautifully done)

On 5/7/2019 at 2:41 AM, Obsidian Knight said:

I hope that this huge thing is the dragon laying some eggs.

Oh come on; don't say something like that and blow my mind...is this a popular theory I'm just hearing for the first time?

The last episode was so bad but I'm still hoping for a strong finish. A couple of guesses include:

• Spoiler

• Jon embraces his Targaryen side and marries Dany ending the coup talk 
    • Dany is pregnant with a real baby
    • Bran proves to actually have a use and wargs the dead dragon and brings it back to life
    • Tyrion rides a dragon
    • Clagonbowl
    • Arya attempts to assassinate Cersei only to be stopped by the Faceless men
    • The whole thing was just a dream sequence Bran was having while in a coma and he wakes up to warn Ned not to go to Kingslanding

On 5/3/2019 at 6:30 PM, divica said:

Honestly, at this point if Danny doesn t get the throne what is the point of her entire story? 

Kill all the dothriaki in the world? Give a dragon and means of breaking the wall to the NK? killing all the unsullied we know of? Doing nothing in the war again the dead? 

Given what they did this ep it is probable that Danny will die... 

Well, killing all Dothraki is a plus, from my point of view, as is ending slavery (for now) in Mereen, Yunkai and Astapor...

But yes, from a Westerosi point of view, she achieved nothing... if she hasn't brought her dragons the Night King would be alive, but unable to cross the Wall, so better on the long term (no more White Walkers or Wights ever again...), I guess, but worse in the short and medium ones (a ton of people wouldn't have died if the Night King had not crossed the Wall...).

She may kill Cersei and Euron, but honestly, that means nothing on the long term... there is no way Cersei was going to hold the Iron Throne for long when none of the Seven Kingdoms save the Westerlands and the Iron Islands wanted her... At most, she would keep a diminished kingdom made up of Westerlands and Crownlands (I don't think she would share power with Euron, and I doubt Euron would remain loyal for long...).

On 5/3/2019 at 11:12 AM, Hippocras said:

Well I do think it is likely to be the most interesting episode of the season in terms of various schemes, betrayals and conflicts coming to their conclusion, likely with some of those schemes being things that cause us as the audience intense agony.

Episode 5 is the second to last, so it is, just like Ned's execution, and the Red Wedding, the episode where the earthquake events happen, while the final episode wraps things up.

They've been done with that basic pattern since seasons 5 & 6, where you had Jon's assassination and Sept-ageddon/R+L =J bombshells in the final episodes respectively.

Perhaps more than any other, HBO series are judged on their finale episodes so while I agree 5 will doubtless be as explosive and seismic as this final season gets, I don't see episode 6 being entirely slower-paced wrap up/aftermath.

They just won't risk it being too anti-climactic, even if the final minutes go full Return of The King with little old Samwell of Tarlyshire putting the finishing ink to "A Song of Ice & Fire" in The Citadel, Bibo Baggins stylee.

But even if there's no vast battles in six as such, they'll surely leave some fireworks over for us to chew on leaving this epic world behind; you can count on that. Some dark time/space continuum shit with Bran? A hidden motivation/betrayal? Ghost & Tormund (Gourmand?) beyond the wall encountering some creepy epilogue to the all too neatly disposed of WW threat?

And now I've jinxed it to be cosy vanilla wrap up. Hurrah. :rolleyes:

On 5/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Euron will realize that the only way Tyrion couldn’t have known about Cersei’s pregnancy unless the baby was conceived way before he got to do Cersei. 

I thought that when he was saying it. A Euron/Cersei split could be catastrophic for her.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:05 AM, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I think jon will be revealed as aegon - varys is the hooded figure with the golden company. in a reverse of the gold cloaks in s1, the golden company will support jon via varys

I am pretty certain there will be a huge cliffhanger on episode 5 and a huge finale episode.

Spoiler

At this point the character everyone cares most about is Arya. Danny was given the choice between her ambition and her best friend and she failed it. I think Jon is going to face the same choice between the crown and Arya and surrender.

I would not rely too much on purported leaks simply because D&D have quite likely spread false ones. They filmed Missandei's execution scene on green screen so that people spying on the set couldn't see who was getting the chop (and to allow the CGI of her head separating...)

The execution of Ned started the war of five kings. Missandei's execution is going to prove pivotal in the exact same way.

Cersei has told these thousands of people that the dragon queen is going to kill them. So what happens when Danny and Jon defeat her in the field and have KL in their grasp and Jon gives it up to save his sister?

Tyrion's betrayal is probably letting on that Jon is the true heir. Varys probably spreads the word in the Red keep through his little birds. 

So this is Jon risen from the dead offering himself up as sacrifice. And the people turn on Danny. The red keep burns and Jamie strangles Cersei to save her from the flames. Danny is short one betrayal and one fire by my count.

4 hours ago, Damorian said:

They've been done with that basic pattern since seasons 5 & 6, where you had Jon's assassination and Sept-ageddon/R+L =J bombshells in the final episodes respectively.

Perhaps more than any other, HBO series are judged on their finale episodes so while I agree 5 will doubtless be as explosive and seismic as this final season gets, I don't see episode 6 being entirely slower-paced wrap up/aftermath.

They just won't risk it being too anti-climactic, even if the final minutes go full Return of The King with little old Samwell of Tarlyshire putting the finishing ink to "A Song of Ice & Fire" in The Citadel, Bibo Baggins stylee.

But even if there's no vast battles in six as such, they'll surely leave some fireworks over for us to chew on leaving this epic world behind; you can count on that. Some dark time/space continuum shit with Bran? A hidden motivation/betrayal? Ghost & Tormund (Gourmand?) beyond the wall encountering some creepy epilogue to the all too neatly disposed of WW threat?

And now I've jinxed it to be cosy vanilla wrap up. Hurrah. :rolleyes:

The penultimate episode of each season has given us Ned's beheading, Red Wedding, Battle at Blackwater, Battle of the bastards, Battle at the wall, all have been arguably bigger than the final episode (though some because of fights so I could give you that). I do think episode 6 will be a big episode, but I also think they have to do something big this episode. Two more left and your brand if you're D&D is "Oh shit break the Internet moments" You have to do it twice in a row, IMO.

Archived