Jon‘s resurrection and the Valravn legend

So far, I didn’t find this particular theory in this forum yet, so I would like to open up the discussion:

Recently I came across this article on Wikipedia about a creature called Valravn:

„In Danish folklore, a valravn (Danish "raven of the slain") is a supernatural raven. The ravens appear in traditional Danish folksongs, where they are described as originating from ravens who eat the bodies of the dead on the battlefield, as capable of turning into the form of a knight after eating the entire heart of a child, and, alternately, as half-wolf and half-raven creatures.“

I started wondering if this could be the solution to Jon‘s resurrection- because it contains essentially all the elements and motives that are connected to his storyline and shows a way how he might be able to regain human form after warging into ghost after his (presumed) death.

It combines his motives of the wolf and (Mormont‘s) raven, then there’s the sacrifice of a child (possibly Shireen or the „Monster“), and ends with a transformation. Moreover, we have already seen another character in the series eating a raw heart... which was supposed to give her unborn child the power of the animal that it belonged to, i. e. to turn it into that animal.

Assuming that Martin really let Jon die, and that he then ends up in Ghost’s body,... could the author somehow make use of this legend to bring him back to life?

...I really hope Martin has a better plan for his return though. 

What do you think?

Now I just noticed that Arya says this in ACoK in her second chapter:

„That’s just a story,“ Arya blurted out before she could stop herself. „Wolves don’t eat babies.“

(...) Yoren had her by the arm. „The boy’s greensick on beer, that’s all it is.“

“No I’m not. They don‘t eat babies...“

Then there‘s Edd:

„(...) Best leave the wolf outside, he looks hungry enough to eat one of Craster‘s children.“ (ACoK, Jon III)

And finally, the first meeting between Gilly and Ghost:

“That wolf‘s looking at you hungry, girl,“ Lark said. „Might be it fancies that tender bit in your belly.“ (ACoK, Jon III)

Archived