Bowen's next decision

Mon ami

What needs to get accomplished within a short time:

1. Bring the Night's Watch to order.
  2. Calm the feud between the Night's Watch and the House of Bolton.
  3. Get the Wildlings under control.
  4. Prepare for the Others.

#4 is not going to happen unless 1-3 have been addressed.

The brothers of the watch are not going to be a problem.  The watch will regroup quickly.  Bowen can't stop the Wildlings from going to war with the Boltons but he can send a raven to Winterfell with a warning.  The Wildlings are too wild to get in control.  Bowen doesn't have enough men to force them to stay and guard the wall.  

The only way he can calm the feud is send proof of Jon's death to the Boltons and tell the truth.  It was all Jon's doing.  He can send Jon's head to Ramsay.  But I don't know if the two bastards have met.  How would Ramsay know Jon's head?  How about sending Ghost's head with Jon's head.  That's strong proof it's Jon.  Is that enough?  I think so.  

Bowen won't be able to bring the NW to order. There will most likely be a civil battle between them. 

He won't be able to calm Ramsay either even if he sent him Jon's head & Ghost's head because Ramsay still wants Mel, Shireen, Selyse, fArya, & Theon - some of which are not in Bowen's possession. 

He won't be able to get the wildlings under control - they won't go to fight Ramsay with Jon dead, they will most likely kill Bowen & Co & even if, for some odd reason, they continued to WF to fight Ramsay that leaves Bowen with too few men to do fuck all about the Others. 

So in short - Nope. 

Wun Wun just saw his good pal be attacked. If he was enraged before now he is going to attack whoever tried to kill Jon. 

Besides the fact that both Mel and Val sides would want to keep Jon alive because nobody knows what the NW will do to them if Jon isn t in charge. 

Unless bowen has some sort of master plan he will be dealt with pretty fast. 

one of Janos cronies controlled the Eastwatch, so have to assume Bowen is friends with him, Nightfort is controlled by Yarwyck, one of Janos supporters, Bowen formerly controlled the Westwatch so he got a lot of influence on the men out there.

1. They will be on awful lot of confusion, but since Jon announced his desertion to everyone at the hall, they are not like to challenge Bowen's decision.

2. How? Bowen will have send Selys, Melisandre, Val, Shireen and the rest of Ramsay's demands to please the Bolton's, Selys still controlled a lot of knights/Men at arms, Night's watch outnumbered them but I doubt Bowen is brave enough to do that, Jon's plan to march south will be delayed until the matters at Castle black is fixed so they don't have to warn them.

3. This is the most doubtful of all, Jon is about to lead them south, all of them also offered their life to him, and they killed him, wildlings will be pissed off, there's no way for Bowen to bring them under control.

4. Jon already oversees the preparation for Others after taking the office, Bowen can do nothing else.

We all hate Bowen here, but he's not savage or cruel to decapitate Jon's head and sent it to Winterfell, I also doubt there's any of them that could harm Ghost even though he's at Jon's chamber, they'll probably leave him there.

Its honestly difficult to say what will happen next. You have to remember that Bowen is making enemies out of the wildlings, a giant, and the Queen's Men, since he will want to send Selyse, Shireen, and Melisandre to the Boltons. Even the Nights Watch will probably be more of a problem then you think they will be. Sure, Bowen will probably have most of the stewards and builders on his side, but the majority of the rangers where big Jon supporters, and they are presumably the best fighters in the Nights Watch. There will be a civil war in the Nights Watch, and for the sake of the story actually progressing, I feel like Bowen has to loose this fight, unless of course GRRM plans on having the Others win. 

5 hours ago, Mon ami said:

The brothers of the watch are not going to be a problem.  The watch will regroup quickly.  Bowen can't stop the Wildlings from going to war with the Boltons but he can send a raven to Winterfell with a warning.  The Wildlings are too wild to get in control.  Bowen doesn't have enough men to force them to stay and guard the wall.  

The only way he can calm the feud is send proof of Jon's death to the Boltons and tell the truth.  It was all Jon's doing.  He can send Jon's head to Ramsay.  But I don't know if the two bastards have met.  How would Ramsay know Jon's head?  How about sending Ghost's head with Jon's head.  That's strong proof it's Jon.  Is that enough?  I think so.  

1.  Bring the Night's Watch to order.

It's hard to imagine how Bowen is going to bring the Night's Watch to order when his attack on Jon is the cause of the disorder.  His was the act of a reactionary buffoon.  Maybe he should resign?

2.  Calm the feud between the Night's Watch and the House of Bolton.

There is no feud between the Night's Watch and House Bolton.  The feud was between the Boltons and the Starks.  Bowen just stabbed the Stark so he is probably in a good position to make amends with one of the other horrible characters in this story and maybe strike a deal . 

3.  Calm the feud between the Night's Watch and the House of Bolton.

There is no feud between the Night's Watch and House Bolton.

4.  Prepare for the Others.

Jon recognized that the Others would kill the wildlings and turn them into undead servants to their cause.  Jon moved thousands of them south of the Wall to prevent them being converted to mindless vessels of their enemy.  Bowen didn't understand that.  How in hells is he going to prepare for the Others when he doesn't even understand what they are capable of?

31 minutes ago, Denam_Pavel said:

I doubt Bowen is singularly in charge of the movement to end Jon's command, let alone of the Night's Watch as a whole to begin with.

He most definitely isn't but he is going to have to try to gain some control if he plans on living through what's to come. Even then I think he is not going to survive.

1 hour ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

But first Bowen should have grown a brain ,before he rebelled .

Agreed. He didn't even do it in secret, he literally did it in front of a group of Nights Watchmen, wildlings, a giant, and possibly some Queen's Men. I get that Jon was literally just about to march on Winterfell, but surely he could've called him aside or something. 

1 hour ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

Call back Alester Thorne .

Call back Ser Alliser Thorne is the likely answer. Though I think Thorne might start his command of Castle Black with a fresh slate by some killing of oathbreakers of his own.

Bowen Marsh et al will be relieved of their duties via Wun Wun. And any other Wildlings, Queens men or nights watch men

hanging around the place.

My guess is that they are all dead within the first two opening paragraphs of the first POV chapter at the Wall.

Thread title: Bowen's next decision.

Crying Bowen is not in charge of nuttin'.

Bowen is a lackey.

There was a plan afoot to rid the NW of the Iron Throne's traitorous Eddard's bastard son long before Marsh stabbed Jon while shedding a tear.

A Dance with Dragons - Jon XIII     … away, he meant to say. When Wick Whittlestick slashed at his throat, the word turned into a grunt.

Jon twisted from the knife, just enough so it barely grazed his skin.

He cut me. When he put his hand to the side of his neck, blood welled between his fingers. "Why?"

"For the Watch." Wick slashed at him again.

This time Jon caught his wrist and bent his arm back until he dropped the dagger. The gangling steward backed away, his hands upraised as if to say, Not me, it was not me. Men were screaming.

Jon reached for Longclaw, but his fingers had grown stiff and clumsy. Somehow he could not seem to get the sword free of its scabbard.

Then Bowen Marsh stood there before him, tears running down his cheeks. "For the Watch." He punched Jon in the belly. When he pulled his hand away, the dagger stayed where he had buried it.

Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger's hilt and wrenched it free.

In the cold night air the wound was smoking. "Ghost," he whispered. Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end.

When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow.

He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold … /

Marsh isn't the brains behind the stabbing of LC Snow.

Knife one was Wick.     Knife two was crying Marsh.    Who welded knife three and four?

On 5/3/2019 at 5:56 PM, Mon ami said:

Interesting ideas, except I do not believe Jon died until martin writes it and I definitely do not believe Marsh orchestrated the attack. 

1)  His biggest problem is convincing the Boltons.  The wildlings will freeze their balls off before they get to Winterfell.  Don't give those fools any supplies.  

2)  Who says Jon and Ramsay haven't met.  Jon also has the Stark look.  Very long face.  Craster recognized him for what he was.  One of the Boltons is smart enough to see the family resemblance.  It might go unnoticed with a fool like Ramsay but Roose will see.  

3)  A Wall that can't stop the Others is as useless as nipples on a breastplate.  The builders wouldn't go through all of that trouble to build the Wall if it can't do its job.  BM's best action is to keep the wildlings from riding off with his food supply.

You're missing a step: 

0. Survive the next five minutes surrounded by a giant, a bunch of wildlings, loyal brothers, and queen's men. 

He first need to finish Jon, ghost, and the giant.  Burning the bodies would be prudent.  He will fail and Jon will come back as wight with a chip on his shoulder.  

Archived