How is the North's food supply now?

21 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

It will never be mentioned in the show again.

This.

As mentioned, there a nowhere near as many mouths to feed.  And, from the previews, Dany's (remaining) forces look to be leaving Winterfell.  Unless the food was destroyed by the wights or by Viserion (or contaminated by a bunch of dead bodies), the surviving Northmen should have more than enough food.

Plus, there is no way to begrudge Dany's survivors a single grain of it, after what they just did for the North. 

22 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I don't think this is true just as Sansas worrying about taking care of everybody I think she's staying in Winterfell to oversee the repairing of damages and rationing everything. Most of the armies will move South to face Cersei. She can send out riders to all of the abandoned slash turned households last hearth on to raid their stores because they no longer have people. Winter is coming and if it's too long then they'll be in serious trouble, even if they win the war with Cersei.

Would the NK think to soil their stores? 

The battle with the Night King may be over but Winter is not. Many of the surplus armies have been killed but they still need enough food to feed the entire North through the winter. So, they're back to how they started.

4 hours ago, Pandean said:

The battle with the Night King may be over but Winter is not. Many of the surplus armies have been killed but they still need enough food to feed the entire North through the winter. So, they're back to how they started.

If the NK was bringing on the longer winters then it won't be so bad this time around.

5 minutes ago, KingMudd said:

If the NK was bringing on the longer winters then it won't be so bad this time around.

We don't know that though. Or, in that case, who was bringing on the longer summers, I guess.

If they still have a multi-year winter though then all that food is definitely going to be needed. Especially in the North and devastated areas like the Riverlands.

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

We don't know that though. Or, in that case, who was bringing on the longer summers, I guess.

If they still have a multi-year winter though then all that food is definitely going to be needed. Especially in the North and devastated areas like the Riverlands.

Yeah I was just going by what GRRM said about the seasons not being natural. I don't think the show will even bother to give us an answer on this anyway.

On 5/4/2019 at 5:43 PM, MinscS2 said:

Indeed, which only makes that whole "food supply" plot just useless.

Since I do not recall any wighted horses apart from the mounts for the WW, North should be able to sustain on a diet of horse meat from all those beasts snuffed out in the Dothraki charge. Steaks for everyone! 

I mean Winterfell had food for thousands. Dany's tens of thousands were vastly reduced, Northern armies were reduced, stark bannermen could return at least part of their people to their estates with supplies stored there and so on and so forth... Plus there are supplies at Last Hearth that were presumably left there after the castle was taken by the WW.

So there would be a logical reason for this not being issue anymore .

2 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Not completely useless.  It was a valid concern and way for Sansa to voice disapproval re. Danaerys.

Didn't she do that already with other arguments? Do we need it?

It's okay to have it, but only if you care about it. The writers don't care about it. I doubt it will ever be addressed. But then again... is the Winter gone? Can people start farming again? Were the WWs defeated and now the people of the North have to face their own True Enemy: the Cold Winter season?

3 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Lady Sandra raising all the important questions... but now too busy telling everyone her brother's secrets.

3 seconds after she swears not to tell a soul. 

Archived