The death of the Dothraki and racism

7 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

How can they all be dead when she waa speaking Dothraki to them and we see a bunch of them cheer her speech?

btw, I can't remember if she was speaking Valyrian or Dothraki, but I'm sure half of the audience couldn't understand one word! (I doubt the Unsullieds or the Dothrakis can speak both languages)

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

btw, I can't remember if she was speaking Valyrian or Dothraki, but I'm sure half of the audience couldn't understand one word! (I doubt the Unsullieds or the Dothrakis can speak both languages)

Can't remember either..

Sudden thought: in my case, Portuguese Syfy subtitled everything without distinguishing language between shifts. Considering the amount of people with so-so English comprehension, I doubt most even got it that she was speaking Dothraki or Greek. 

Does anyone know how they deal with those situatuons when it a complete voiceover like old school French or Spanish TV?

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

She did a speech in each language, Dothraki then Valyrian. And there were plenty of each to cheer. Enough to matter in Westeros? IDK.

The Dothrakis have only one cultural trait; live as annimals. Destroy everything that is culture.

Thanks. 

And agreed. Very. If turning soil is against their beliefs, any settled people would be righteous prey to them. This, added to a natural and uncompromising 'weak perish, strong survive' view of the world?

If Dany's now unleashed Dothraki keep multiplying, the Grass Sea of Westeros will soon be a reality.

27 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

Didn't they end up in the Reach? But ... Bronn's in charge of the Reach? So how does that work out?

Eh...

RIP Bronn? Or he could convert himself to the lifestyle? He's not exactly the 'plant trees' type either, is he? 

Which makes him ideal to be head boss of the Reach, right. Ffs..

6 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

Didn't they end up in the Reach? But ... Bronn's in charge of the Reach? So how does that work out?

I am assuming the show runners are saying that the dothraki suddenly changed their way of life and started living inside castles or houses in westeros.

And maybe I've blocked out memories of the final episode, but when did the dothraki end up in the Reach?

9 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

She did a speech in each language, Dothraki then Valyrian. And there were plenty of each to cheer. Enough to matter in Westeros? IDK.

The Dothrakis have only one cultural trait; live as annimals. Destroy everything that is culture.

Oh I very much disagree here... wanton violence is a very human trait. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I am assuming the show runners are saying that the dothraki suddenly changed their way of life and are currently living inside castles or houses in westeros.

And maybe I've blocked out memories of the final episode, but when did the dothraki end up in the Reach?

I don't think I just made that up; but I'm blessed if I can find a source online. Tyrion reportedly offered the Reach to the Unsullied, who anyway went to Naath and apparently got wiped out there instead. I could have sworn I heard something about Dothraki. It seems we've no notion where the Dothraki went.

19 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

I don't think I just made that up; but I'm blessed if I can find a source online. Tyrion reportedly offered the Reach to the Unsullied, who anyway went to Naath and apparently got wiped out there instead. I could have sworn I heard something about Dothraki. It seems we've no notion where the Dothraki went.

Maybe we could get Ramin Djawadi's insight on the matter...

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

They are deluded in living as animals. They have arakhs, made of steel, the very bones of their mother. Made by others, and payed with gold or slaves I assume. They are more like rats, parasites of humanity.

6 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

When Jon and the Unsullied are in the harbour, there are Dothrakis too, with their horses. Are they just visiting? Or are they living too? Where would they go they can't on horse back?

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

When I agreed with @BalerionTheCat, I meant more like their culture is very much 'Hunter-gatherer', imo. Settled people are simply the prey they hunt and exploit as resources. 'Animal' as in instictual, primitive 'man with the bigger stick' mentality? 

6 hours ago, It_spelt_Magalhaes said:

When I agreed with @BalerionTheCat, I meant more like their culture is very much 'Hunter-gatherer', imo. Settled people are simply the prey they hunt and exploit as resources. 'Animal' as in instictual, primitive 'man with the bigger stick' mentality? 

They are 'Hunter-gatherer'... in a world where they could improve. If so, why not. But instead they try to destroy everything above their station.

15 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

They are 'Hunter-gatherer'... in a world where they could improve. If so, why not. But instead they try to destroy everything above their station.

Not necessarily, as far as I saw it.

Due to their beliefs, the settled society systems we see as more developed and culturally advanced, for the Dothraki are treated as targets, in a way, prey to destroy.

The flaw is how they might condemn agriculture and industry, but they sure do take advantage of others' work, stealing their work, and then destroying their cities as an ofense.

So they enslave settlers like cattle, take their works for their own and raze their 'sinful' cities to the ground.

Smells of hypocrisy, right? And so a very human way to justify acting like other people are prey while they mere rove after more.

So, never mind evolving. For them everything is right just the way it is.

Begs the question, though What would happen to them if there should be no more cities to destroy?

Archived