Jon Connington

nyser1

44 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

What do you think is in store for Lord Connington? Aside from eventual death.

It would be interesting if he somehow found out that Jon Snow is Rhaegar's son, along with finding out Aegon is a fake, but I doubt either of those things will happen. To be honest I'm not even sure we as the readers will find out if Aegon is the real deal or not. 

I really don't think anything significant will happen. He will probably end up spreading greyscale in either the Stormlands or the Crownlands. 

I'm pretty sure he will meet Jon Snow eventually (along with Aegon). 

I think he has a role to play in the war for the dawn. Jon Connington knew Rhaegar, which means that there's good odds that he knows about the whole PtwP situation. So I don't think he'll dismiss this in the same way others have. We don't know what he learned from Rhaegar, but I think he's in a good position to help. And if he thinks that he has the PtwP with him . . .

And not for nothing, but the GC has a company of archers which might turn out to be really important within the whole Long Night context.

I think he will die before Aegon stirs the Iron Throne, he will do his duty as he arrived to Westeros with Aegon, supported him to conquer Storm's End, visited his childhood home. He should die in war after Arianne reaches Aegon's group if it won't be Arianne dying herself. When stories combine you have to make sacrifices. 

I think that he will go to the Citadel (to get cured). Maybe Sam will manage to cure him, maybe not. Gilly's sister had greyscale, so she may have useful information about it. For example, that in cold climate the progress of that disease is considerably slowing down. Or Sam will tell JonCon about Shireen, that her mother (or Davos) may know what was done by Dragonstone's maester, when Shireen got sick. So Sam will offer JonCon to go to the Wall with him, to find out how was she cured. I think that by that time the seas will be already under Euron's control, so Sam will have to go back North via land route, and thus he will need someone strong, to protect him during that journey. If Sam will cure JonCon, or at least will stop progress of that illness, then to thank him, JonCon will go with him, just to get him safely back to Castle Black. But then he will meet Jon, and will notice similarity of his personality to Rhaegar's. So main purpose of this character is to tell Jon about what kind of person (good person) his real father was.

Or maybe JonCon will hear from someone at Storm's End, that Shireen Baratheon had greyscale, when she was a baby, but somehow she was saved. So he will go to the Wall, because those people will tell him, that that's where the girl is now. So this way the story becomes shorter, no going to the Citadel, instead - straight going to the Wall, where Jon is.

If I remember well from the the few chapters of The Winds of Winter what we already got from Martin the Golden Company takes over Storm's End and Arianne in on her way there. Since Jon probably prefers men, not women, also he didn't like Elia and maybe doesn't like Dornish people at all due to past conflicts, I think it would be a funny end for him to be charmed by Arianne who kills him.

Or option 2: Dany arrives to Westeros, hears about Aegon, so goes to Storm's End, but they get in a conflict and instead of a battle between Dany and Aegon's side, they decide about the fate of Storm's End by 1 vs 1 fight: Barristan Selmy vs Jon Connington. This battle could be a good end for either of them in my opinion.

Being self-conflicted in continuing to serve a potential fake (if he doesn't already know Aegon is fake) instead of Rhaegar's heir if he finds out.

Probably eventually choosing to serve and support Jon instead.

Problem is they both have the same name, that would get annoying lol

Interesting responses, though the support team Jon stuff sounds more based in expectations from the show versus the canon (though I would be all for it). A lot would have to happen for Jon (presumed dead right now) to meet up with Aegon. Night's Watch, Boltons, Baratheons, Other Northern Lords, Freys, Riverlanders, Tyrells, other Reachmen, and Lannisters inbetween them.

Jon Connington's survival chances are very low. He has a not very harmless disease and is in a camp which doesn't count to the favourite candidates for the IT.

I can see him trying to escape the faith of passing out because of grey scale by visiting the Citadel and meeting Sam like it has already been suggested.

I don't like this plotline. I don't see him ever leaving fAegon and changing camps so quicky. My idea for his plotline would be dying by fAegon's side, not seeing the obvious fraud (unlike a lot of other people) and trying to make up for letting Rhaegar down in RR.

"I failed the father," he said, "but I will not fail the son."

He will be fAegon's Davos. Only a little bit more snobbier and more protectiv.

9 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think that he will go to the Citadel (to get cured). Maybe Sam will manage to cure him, maybe not. Gilly's sister had greyscale, so she may have useful information about it. For example, that in cold climate the progress of that disease is considerably slowing down. Or Sam will tell JonCon about Shireen, that her mother (or Davos) may know what was done by Dragonstone's maester, when Shireen got sick. So Sam will offer JonCon to go to the Wall with him, to find out how was she cured. I think that by that time the seas will be already under Euron's control, so Sam will have to go back North via land route, and thus he will need someone strong, to protect him during that journey. If Sam will cure JonCon, or at least will stop progress of that illness, then to thank him, JonCon will go with him, just to get him safely back to Castle Black. But then he will meet Jon, and will notice similarity of his personality to Rhaegar's. So main purpose of this character is to tell Jon about what kind of person (good person) his real father was.

Or maybe JonCon will hear from someone at Storm's End, that Shireen Baratheon had greyscale, when she was a baby, but somehow she was saved. So he will go to the Wall, because those people will tell him, that that's where the girl is now. So this way the story becomes shorter, no going to the Citadel, instead - straight going to the Wall, where Jon is.

I think that he will go to the Citadel (to get cured). Maybe Sam will manage to cure him, maybe not. Gilly's sister had greyscale, so she may have useful information about it. For example, that in cold climate the progress of that disease is considerably slowing down.

You think JonCon is

Spoiler

HBO's Jorah? That one of Gilly's sisters, Craster's wives had grey scale?

I read but rarely interact with you. As much as I dislike asking the question, have you actually read your favorite authors books or are you bored and plucking round.?

4 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Ah true. But since Rhaegar annulled his marriage I wonder where that puts Aegon?

Also, Connington might come to know what Rhaegar sought out of all this and seek to make it happen.

When did Rhaegar annul his marriage? Did the Septon and the King agree to that? Why would he disinherit Elia's children and not expect a massive altercation with Dorne?

No.

5 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Reveal hidden contents

HBO's Jorah? That one of Gilly's sisters, Craster's wives had grey scale?

I read but rarely interact with you. As much as I dislike asking the question, have you actually read your favorite authors books or are you bored and plucking round.?

Right? Am I in a show thread or are people here still supposed to be reading the books? Twilight Zone, man.

23 hours ago, Jova Snow said:

I think he will die before Aegon stirs the Iron Throne, he will do his duty as he arrived to Westeros with Aegon, supported him to conquer Storm's End, visited his childhood home. He should die in war after Arianne reaches Aegon's group if it won't be Arianne dying herself. When stories combine you have to make sacrifices. 

This. He will probably be sacrificed due to narrative purposes sooner than later. Will accompany Aegon through Arianne perspective for sometime and maybe we will be introduced to a new POV later on (Rolly Duck is my bet or maybe Aegon himself). I think GRRM will do the same with Barristan; he will die as soon as Tyrion (my bet) or Victarion enters Dany service.

13 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

As much as I dislike asking the question, have you actually read your favorite authors books or are you bored and plucking round.?

I don't have a favorite author. Sometimes I do confuse what happened in the books with what happened there. I have read ASOIAF partially. I am bored, but I'm not plucking around. I'm practicing English, which is my fourth language, so I know it the least out of four. And I don't think, that JonCon is "Jorah", rather that "Jorah" is a mix of Jorah and JonCon.

8 hours ago, Megorova said:

I don't have a favorite author.

It was a sarcastic remark. Assumption is that on this website martin is a genius at writing fantasy fiction, America's Tolkien.

8 hours ago, Megorova said:

Sometimes I do confuse what happened in the books with what happened there. I have read ASOIAF partially.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, Aetta said:

Right? Am I in a show thread or are people here still supposed to be reading the books? Twilight Zone, man.

The site is going to have to adjust to allow discussion in general book chatter. The 2011 release of DwD and the release of WOIAF, Knight of the Seven Kingdoms and Fire & Blood plus the 2019 end of the you know what, 

Archived