What We Do In The Shadows (Movie and TV Series Spoilers): The DARKEST of comedies!

Trebla

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

It would have been really funny if Antonio Banderas had been there though.

Oh God, Guillermo would geek out so bad! Another inspired choice from that movie would be the Interviewer himself, Christian Slater. This episode really just opened up a world of possibilities. 

I did have to look up what show/movie Paul Reubens was a vampire in, as I’ve weirdly never seen Buffy.

It would’ve been cool to see Alexander Skarsgard too(easily the best part of TB). Really anyone mentioned would’ve been great. Also will be funny if Bautista is still there as punishment throughout the whole run. 

Well based on the love for the show in this thread, I gave the first two episodes a watch this weekend.  I'm not entirely sure I will continue but it did have some funny moments.  I especially loved when the one vampire was describing how he met the female vampire and was going on about how he was hypnotized by her beauty and then the camera cuts to her and she dead pans explains that she used hypnosis on him.  That was the best moment.

I get that their house has to be dark because of sunlight and all but I hate how dark the whole screen is and how it is to see anything.  I think there must be ways to make things look dark without having the viewer squinting at their screen trying to see things.  I felt like I was watching that recent GOT episode that everyone complained about.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:42 PM, Ramsay B. said:

I did have to look up what show/movie Paul Reubens was a vampire in, as I’ve weirdly never seen Buffy.

He's the only thing I remember about the movie: his taking forever to die after getting staked! "Ow, ow, ow...ow" 

On 5/13/2019 at 11:47 AM, lady narcissa said:

Well based on the love for the show in this thread, I gave the first two episodes a watch this weekend.  I'm not entirely sure I will continue but it did have some funny moments.  I especially loved when the one vampire was describing how he met the female vampire and was going on about how he was hypnotized by her beauty and then the camera cuts to her and she dead pans explains that she used hypnosis on him.  That was the best moment.

I get that their house has to be dark because of sunlight and all but I hate how dark the whole screen is and how it is to see anything.  I think there must be ways to make things look dark without having the viewer squinting at their screen trying to see things.  I felt like I was watching that recent GOT episode that everyone complained about.

Give the next one a try. It's a wacky vampire vs. werewolf episode with a secondary plot of the energy vampire meeting another of his kind! 

I loved Nadja showing her motherly side as she taught her "stupid little baby" Jenna to kill. :lmao:

I had wondered if Jenna would become one of the main characters, similar to new vampire Nick in the movie but the actress who plays her, Beanie Feldstein, may be breaking out in film. She stars in Olivia Wilde's upcoming  directorial debut "Booksmart" and it's getting rave reviews. In useless trivia that may only interest me, Beanie Feldstein is Jonah Hill's little sister. Hopefully she continues to guest star because she and Nadja are hilarious together. 

First two episodes aired here last night and they were excellent. Kayvan Novack and Matt Berry have been fantastically talented comedy actors here for at least ten years, so it's great to see them both getting traction in the States at last.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great season finale. Taika Waititi returned to direct maybe the blackest comedic episode yet. They put an end to the Gregor arc (Lazlo always decapitating him was a nice twist) and teased a hilarious idea for next season: Guillermo the Vampire Slayer! 

29 minutes ago, Trebla said:

What a great season finale. Taika Waititi returned to direct maybe the blackest comedic episode yet. They put an end to the Gregor arc (Lazlo always decapitating him was a nice twist) and teased a hilarious idea for next season: Guillermo the Vampire Slayer! 

Wonder if he’ll somehow kill Jenna next season...

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Triskele said:

These guys have both cracked me up all season.  The consistency of Nandor's accent and delivery is such a fucking delight and the way he addresses Guillermo never gets old.  More please.  

Kayvan Novack is hilarious, he’s great at accents, if you get the chance watch his series Fonejacker and Facejacker.

On 6/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Kayvan Novack is hilarious, he’s great at accents, if you get the chance watch his series Fonejacker and Facejacker.

Also Four Lions, where his performance is actually pretty heartbreaking.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 4:11 AM, Trebla said:

Wow...I thought we would get one of the vampires from the movie, but all three?? I practically squeed when I recognized the three of them during the dance. It was great to see them all again.

And holy shit, the guest stars! Dave Bautista was the big vamp that was framed for turning the baby. Also, the joke was that every single member of the council (save Colin Robinson)l played a vamp elsewhere. The ones I knew were: Wesley Snipes=Blade, Danny Trejo=From Dusk Til Dawn, Paul Reubens= Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Evan Rachel Wood= True Blood. Not sure where Tilda Swinton played one. I think the ones they mentioned not being able to attend were: Kiefer= Kiefer Sutherland from The Lost Boys and Rob=Robert Pattinson from Twilight.

Lastly, Laszlo is quite the menace. On top of the previously mentioned baby turning, his hat caused the potato famine AND he was Jack the Ripper!:stunned:

To be fair, Snipes was only partly vampire.

Of course, he was only partly present as well.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived