What We Do In The Shadows (Movie and TV Series Spoilers): The DARKEST of comedies!

Trebla

Colin Robinson was cracking me in both of them, but the 1st episode was definitely funnier. I was kinda hoping Haley’s d-bag character would stay around for a few episodes. Nice to see Benedict Wong make an appearance too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This season has continued to be gold. Last night's Colin Robinson-centric episode was tremendous. I think the show does a good job of giving him to us in small doses with an occasional episode where he is the main storyline, like last season with his emotional vampire duel. When the show first started, I was worried that his act would get stale but so far he's continued to be the funniest part of the show.

8 hours ago, Nictarion said:

They’re killing it this season. The Colin Robinson episode was one of the best yet. I love that Nandor sacked Nadja’s village, and that she learned about it from his painting. 

It was just 200 guys having some fun!

Yup, great episode. So many funny moments.

I loved the fact Colin tried to kiss Nadja just because an awkward unwanted kiss produces an incredible amount of energy-sucking... And it waa made better by the fact he genuinely tried to kiss the Nadja doll and was hurt by her rejection. 

Man, this show gets better with every episode. In many (obvious) ways it reminds me of the Office, but also in how it's ability to make me laugh seems to grow exponentially every episode. I love this show.

Gizmos story arc I find truly compelling!

Also, the show isn't nearly as mean spirited as shows like this can be. The whole fire in the bar not leaving anyone dead, or the volleyball team serving as dinner for Jackie Daytona are ways this show separates itself from other dark comedies.

(I just remembered Jesk's arc in season 1...)

On 5/22/2020 at 5:29 AM, Ramsay B. said:

Women are getting too tall.

ETA: This was officially renewed for season 3 also. Viewers up roughly 25% from S1.

I think it being readily available on Hulu has helped. Last year, I could watch the first episode, then I had to pay for the extras since I don't have cable or FX.

I tune in every week now. I don't know if the FX tab in Hulu is a temporary thing or what, but I hope it stays.

• 3 weeks later...

They were complete messes without their Gizmo. They couldn’t even open the front door. The theatre scene was amazing also. Nadja calling Colin Robinson, Professor Pig Dick, in episode 9 cracked me up. Wild finish to a great season.

4 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

They were complete messes without their Gizmo. They couldn’t even open the front door. The theatre scene was amazing also. Nadja calling Colin Robinson, Professor Pig Dick, in episode 9 cracked me up. Wild finish to a great season.

Nandor was so desperate for clean laundry he had to take his Dream Team jersey down off the wall... :lol:

Archived