[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

Just now, Red Dragon10 said:

I'm really confused about what his thinking is:  he's terrible and Cersei is terrible, so they should go be together?  WHY is he going back to KL?  To kill Cersei?  To warn her?  Because it's what he deserves?  He obviously loves and respects Brienne and knows what Cersei is...I'm just not understanding his motivation.  He knew that they were going to KL to get the IT from Cersei..I would assume that she would die in the process.  So now he knows Dany is down a dragon..what has changed for him, that he needs to go to KL too? 

well she has his baby (even though she was drinking wine in the first ep)...

And before cersei's death might not seem certain. I kind of understand that the objective is to show that now danny is so mad that cersei is done for.

6 minutes ago, Clan O'Raghallaigh said:

Hopefully returning to kill her no? 

Big hopefully. He's a couple weeks behind everyone. Should be a couple months but theyve freely admitted to expediting travel time for the sake of storytelling. 

Jon's without a dragon and without a wolf now. 

I liked the brotherly wing-manning at the beginning. But poor Brienne.

Thought maybe Tyrion could talk some sense into Sansa but she's an idiot so why not divide the force out to get Cersei? Timing sucks. 

Edited by Roux

1 minute ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I'm really confused about what his thinking is:  he's terrible and Cersei is terrible, so they should go be together?  WHY is he going back to KL?  To kill Cersei?  To warn her?  Because it's what he deserves?  He obviously loves and respects Brienne and knows what Cersei is...I'm just not understanding his motivation.  He knew that they were going to KL to get the IT from Cersei..I would assume that she would die in the process.  So now he knows Dany is down a dragon..what has changed for him, that he needs to go to KL too? 

Think hes come to terms with the terrible shit he did. Killing Cersei will redeem him in his eyes.

5 minutes ago, Risto said:

Jaime returned to Cersei? God almighty. This is even too absurd to comment. 

I don't think he's on his way for a joyful reunion. Valonqar.

That episode was a kick in the balls. It actually was more heartwrenching than the Long Night. It also reminds me of what GRRM talked about with their being factions within factions. This is going to be that bittersweet GRRM also talked about. 

1 minute ago, The Lasr Storm said:

Think hes come to terms with the terrible shit he did. Killing Cersei will redeem him in his eyes.

But from what he heard from Sansa, didn't you get the impression that Sansa believes Daenerys will now burn KL to the ground or at the very least, execute Cersei?  So why would he need to go help if her death seems like more of a sure thing? 

3 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

Has no one heard of recon first. How does Dany's ships always get ambush?

At this point Daenerys is too incompetent to be on the throne along with the fact I'm sure she will soon be too crazy. The mad Queen. It's being set up. 

What a waste of dragons on her. 

Can Jon like, hatch some dragons? 

And the years following her story arch. Waste of time, in the end, to only discover I quite dislike her. 

Heck I might even prefer Cersei on the throne over Danaerys, at least she's cold calculating and cunning. Instead of clueless and crazy. 

2 minutes ago, divica said:

But it was a really weird sex scene… if he wasn t that important why not spend that time with her familly in case they died?

I did think it was a super weird, inappropriately timed sex scene.  I was one of the people who didn't like it at all.  So I've written it off as just being poor writing. 

11 minutes ago, Risto said:

Jaime returned to Cersei? God almighty. This is even too absurd to comment. 

I think he's lying about going back to her.  He can't well bring his new girlfriend back with him when he pretends to go crawling back to his sister/lover.

10 minutes ago, Clan O'Raghallaigh said:

Hopefully returning to kill her no? 

No, producers said he is back to her.

10 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Wow!   I thought it was a great episode but absolutely heartbreaking.  Not sure if I can rewatch.  Emotionally draining.

Wow, just wow. I mean to the fact that it was a great episode.

Everything feels so contrived: Deadpan's impending madness, Sansa's "schemes", The spike launchers having 360 no scope aim, Cheryl suddenly being an unbeatable force (Lena Headey looked damn good in that darth vader robe, tho). None of this plot makes sense or fits the characters. The entire point of WW was to be an apocalyptic threat that would show the folly of human bickering and war and now they're not only immediately dealt with, but completely forgotten. 

This entire season has been one big simultaneous "Fuck you" to George RR Martin and A Song of Ice and Fire

Edited by LHakaLH

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Well, it would be a bit of a spoiler if they were like, "Nah, he's just going to kill her don't worry."

I take their words as gospel :D It's easier to understand the nonsense

1 minute ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I found it really sad and it felt wrong that Jon was heading south.  It just didn't feel right.  I feel like more than almost anyone, he belongs in the north. 

I kind of agree. I think now he lacks friends… They should have had him bonding with some people coming south.