[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

1 minute ago, Clan O'Raghallaigh said:

Addicted to her, he needs to kill her to kick the habit.

No way. He wouldn’t need to proclaim he was evil to Brienne to do that. If he needed to not be honest with Brienne (for whatever reason), he could have just said he needed to reason with his sister or save his sister even though she didn’t deserve it etc., still making Jaime heroic and a good man. This is purposeful. This is Jaime’s endgame in the show, I guess. Evil alongside his twin until the end.

16 minutes ago, Clan O'Raghallaigh said:

Hopefully returning to kill her no? 

I thought that too. Maybe now Jaime is thinking of saving/helping Cersei, but by the time he gets to KL she will be so different/crazy he will choose to kill her, much like he killed Aerys

11 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

Danny's face in that last scene... she is being pushed towards "mad king" status.

Missandei is her Duskendale.

Loved Tyrion's speech and the look on Cersei's face as he spoke.

11 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I'm really confused about what his thinking is:  he's terrible and Cersei is terrible, so they should go be together?  WHY is he going back to KL?  To kill Cersei?  To warn her?  Because it's what he deserves?  He obviously loves and respects Brienne and knows what Cersei is...I'm just not understanding his motivation.  He knew that they were going to KL to get the IT from Cersei..I would assume that she would die in the process.  So now he knows Dany is down a dragon..what has changed for him, that he needs to go to KL too? 

They didn't handle Jaime well to be honest. Perhaps he is in a suicude mission to take down Cersei and wanted Brienne to hate him? Glad that they got some time together at least.

On another note Sansa gave Ned Stark vibes in the episode. Great acting from Sophie.

23 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

"Do you believe we're here for a purpose?"

Aye, there's the rub. People believing in "purposes", like prophecies and believers in manifest destiny, are apt to make terrible choices based on their beliefs.

So true. I think Dany's getting the Aegon-the-Mad treatment now, especially with the focus on her anger at the very end. I suspect Varys means to have  Dany kill Cersei, but do so by killing the common folk; and then have Jon seize the throne as the people's champion. 

Never mind that there's still a, you know, hereditary monarchy, which is what leads to all these problems in the first place. 

Just now, LadyBlackwater said:

Jon just gives away his direwolf?! Is anybody else pissed about this? He’s been ignoring him ever since he got a dragon! Pffftttt!!!!

Jon pissing on Ghost was one of many horrible parts of this ep.  

And I truly loved it last week.

Just now, LadyBlackwater said:

Jon just gives away his direwolf?! Is anybody else pissed about this? He’s been ignoring him ever since he got a dragon! Pffftttt!!!!

No he sent Ghost to the north to protect him.  I would have done the same thing.  Ghost did his part.  Ghost needs to protect the North!

1 minute ago, LHakaLH said:

No way. He wouldn’t need to proclaim he was evil to Brienne to do that. If he needed to not be honest with Brienne (for whatever reason), he could have just said he needed to reason with his sister or save his sister even though she didn’t deserve it etc., still making Jaime heroic and a good man. This is purposeful. This is Jaime’s endgame in the show, I guess. Evil alongside his twin until the end.

It was easier for him to leave Brienne by being like that. 

2 minutes ago, Risto said:

Please watch this... 5:30

Yeah I'm not sure that is saying what you think it is. He's going back to her and...?

He knows what Dany plans for her and I think he'd rather have her die quickly at his hand than slowly in dungeons. I'll happily eat crow if he isn't the one to kill her. Maybe Arya will get her like the green eyes theory goes. 

16 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I'm really confused about what his thinking is:  he's terrible and Cersei is terrible, so they should go be together?  WHY is he going back to KL?  To kill Cersei?  To warn her?  Because it's what he deserves?  He obviously loves and respects Brienne and knows what Cersei is...I'm just not understanding his motivation.  He knew that they were going to KL to get the IT from Cersei..I would assume that she would die in the process.  So now he knows Dany is down a dragon..what has changed for him, that he needs to go to KL too? 

He changed his mind after hearing of the ambush at sea. He knows he’s the one to kill Cersei and will probably die in the process. he doesn’t want Brienne to mourn him 

So... uh... why doesn't Dany just fly up BEHIND the Iron Fleet after the ambush and smoke them to hell? She's on a dragon - it's mobile in a way those boat-mounted scorpions aren't. 

Otherwise I liked the episode a lot, but there just seems to be an inefficient use of Dany's primary military advantage.

[edited to add: I thought of it as Jon giving Ghost his freedom, rather than giving him away, and that made me sad, but also made me think, what a better choice it is than Sansa taking Lady to King's Landing.]

Edited by SamuelVimes
forgot another point....

1 minute ago, dannyk65 said:

Jon pissing on Ghost was one of many horrible parts of this ep.  

And I truly loved it last week.

At least for now, I'm exactly the opposite. I hated last week unbelievably. But sending Ghost to the north where he belongs instead of dragging the poor guy to his doom in the south makes perfect sense to me, the sign of a caring and compassionate friend.

Tragic that he won't realize until it's too late that all that applies to him, too.

Just now, SamuelVimes said:

So... uh... why doesn't Dany just fly up BEHIND the Iron Fleet after the ambush and smoke them to hell? She's on a dragon - it's mobile in a way those boat-mounted scorpions aren't. 

Otherwise I liked the episode a lot, but there just seems to be an inefficient use of Dany's primary military advantage.

This was what is was thinking when watching that scene.