[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

1 minute ago, #teamNightking said:

I think the crazy is coming; when she decides to burn every man, woman and child in King's Landing in a fit of rage. You know, her subjects.  

We just have to wait and see. But lets not forget that just like Cersei Dany lost Rhaegal and Viserion, her children. 

Dany is a mad queen now, but it’s justifiable, not like her father just going crazy. It will be a shame for her to be viewed as that from everyone, like “See she’s crazy!” And that she could possibly reinforce that by setting KL on fire. I think she’ll surprise everyone and burn the fleet at least and start taking things away from Cersei to make her go crazy and then it would be Cersei setting KL ablaze.

I’m so irritated that D&D let the connection of the Direwolves and the Starks go to the wayside, but I guess it’s good if they didn’t care to do it right. I can’t believe he’s let Ghost go, but maybe it’s like, this is his child and he wants him to live.

Got a kick out of Gendry getting a Lordship out of nowhere! Too bad he got his heart broken. But Arya is right, that isn’t her.

I like Sansa and Sandor getting a moment too..that was nice 

Of course Sansa has to tell the secret, but I think she definitely did it purposely, she knew who Tyrion would tell and she would get that roundabout way to get rid of Dany

I am confused on who would be running Riverrun and The Twins if the Freys are dead. Shouldn’t Edmure Tully have been released from his cell by who’s left? Like his wife? And he’d be the Lord of the Twins I guess...maybe there’s random Lannister soldiers holding Riverrun

I was so shocked by Rhaegal getting killed like that, but I like it happened like that. This story isn’t waiting for anybody now, they brought death to Dany now and showed her how vulnerable she is, and that she should’ve listened to others to wait

1 minute ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I got the feeling after tonight that Jon will head North after all is said and done.   That is where he would prefer to be and Tormund knows it too.   

The far North, perhaps, up to the Wall or beyond. When all is said and done, he'll have no taste for the Seven Kingdoms at all. 

And now with Winter Fallen, the seasons may be kinder and more regular again, so perhaps crops are possible again.

4 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

new prince of dorne?
really?

That made me cringe and roll my eyes at the same time.

My sister thought I was having a seizure.

3 minutes ago, #teamNightking said:

I think the crazy is coming; when she decides to burn every man, woman and child in King's Landing in a fit of rage. You know, her subjects.  

Last time I checked, rage and insanity are two very different things.

Not to say that the lines between them can't blur; they do. Any strong emotion -- love, fear, grief, joy, and anger -- can veer into the realms of insanity.

But frankly, I don't see anything wrong with Daenerys setting the Red Keep on fire at this point.

Everyone and everything in Westeros over the last two seasons (especially this one) seems to have made it their personal mission to push Daenerys Stormborn over the edge. It looks like they are going to get exactly what they were asking for...

Edited by Jabar of House Titan

Show dany just catch up with book dany, the "dracarys"of missandei was her dothraki sea.

varys against her, just as book varys is for fAegon

Bron being a sellsword and not a comedic duo with the lannister brothers

things are getting back on track on the last possible second to wrap it up, but the way they're doing it its awful, and now is too litle too late

15 minutes ago, AndréaV said:

She is and I don't know if I like what they are doing to her character here. I didn't want a "mad queen" ending to her.... Sad

Ugh, so much weirdness in this episode from all corners! With Jaime I hold out hope that he realized he may have to take her out somehow... not go help her. 

And with Dany, I will so disappointed if this whole story arc was to push her into being another Mad Queen. 

This episode circles back to the beginning of season 7 to me.    In particular how I didn't like how Danny changed from getting the locals to revolt and supporting the revolt, to listening to the nonsensical advise they had Tyrion give her.  Add on to that shifting plot armour to fit narrative needs. 

So, instead of getting the word out for people to leave KL her "advisers" blame Danny for the deaths of people who chose to stay in KL knowing  Dragons et al would be gunning for KL.   This just reeks of more  the same bad writing in that the writers seem to change a developed character to meet bad plot development.

10 minutes ago, Risto said:

I will pray to that, but I honestly doubt it.

As for Arya, I mean, why not. Littlefinger, Frey, Night King, Cersei... Luckily Tyrion and Sansa got to Tywin and Ramsay first.

I mean, even Rowling left some villains to be killed by someone other than Harry :D

Wouldn’t it be awesome if, just for fun, Arya wore Littefingers face to gain access?

Does anybody else have the feeling they really shoe-horned the entire Aegon plot into this Jon-Dany thing? I mean, there will be reasons given in the books why Dany can't marry Aegon - because he is fake, because she doesn't trust him, because he stole her throne, etc. - but Jon?

This doesn't make any sense. Even more so the 'she is his aunt' routine. They kissed after they knew they were aunt and nephew, didn't they, and Dany is stupidly the one who has issues with him being Rhaegar's son, not Jon.

Regardless what happens in the books, Dany and Jon are not going to enact the Dany-Aegon plot there.

But I have to say if stuff like that is going to go on with Aegon-Dany ... then, man, we will get good material in the books.

1 minute ago, dannyk65 said:

So, in open airspace with freedom of movement the show just established that large crossbows that manually fire single bolts from moving boats in the sea have superiority over dragons.  

Got it.

Ring the gong.

Cersei: Yo all ballistas aim at that dragon, then Daenerys

THE END

1 minute ago, Christi84 said:

Dany is a mad queen now, but it’s justifiable, not like her father just going crazy. It will be a shame for her to be viewed as that from everyone, like “See she’s crazy!” And that she could possibly reinforce that by setting KL on fire. I think she’ll surprise everyone and burn the fleet at least and start taking things away from Cersei to make her go crazy and then it would be Cersei setting KL ablaze.

Dany is only "mad" insofar as she is now angrier than she's ever been, filled with burning rage while bitten by grief. But she is not "mad" in the sense that she's become a stark raving loon who's undergone a psychotic break. You can rage without being a nutjob.

Just now, Sibly said:

I think Jaime is going back to kill Cersei and he said the 'I am a bad boy' stuff to Brienne so she would be hurt and hate him. He wants her to feel betrayed and hate him, because he thinks he will probably die.

Or he may also think that he is not worthy of her. 

TBH I have never seen the real reason why Dany OUGHT to be ruling Westeros. She doesn't know much about the place, her ancestors conquered it by force of arms/dragons a mere few hundred years ago, and she's not exactly done a great job actually ruling places she's been, either in the show or the books. (Yeah, she freed the slaves, but did she keep them free?) Her sense of destiny and thus entitlement plays really well in the general fantasy narrative, but I don't see a great narrative reason that she ought to be ruler of anything. I hope that GRRM plays with that in more interesting ways in his novels, should he ever finish them, than the show does. 

(I would say the same about Jon; he got his ass killed by his own men when he was supposed to be ruling them, so that's not exactly a huge vote of confidence. So I'm not voting Jon in this scenario; I'm just not voting and pissed I don't get a vote because again, hereditary damn monarchy.) 

7 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I got the feeling after tonight that Jon will head North after all is said and done.   That is where he would prefer to be and Tormund knows it too.   

I agree.  I think/hope he rides off into the sunset to be with the Free Folk.