[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

26 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

Everything feels so contrived: Deadpan's impending madness, Sansa's "schemes", The spike launchers having 360 no scope aim, Cheryl suddenly being an unbeatable force (Lena Headey looked damn good in that darth vader robe, tho). None of this plot makes sense or fits the characters. The entire point of WW was to be an apocalyptic threat that would show the folly of human bickering and war and now they're not only immediately dealt with, but completely forgotten. 

This entire season has been one big simultaneous "Fuck you" to George RR Martin and A Song of Ice and Fire

who the fuck is cheryl?

14 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

At least for now, I'm exactly the opposite. I hated last week unbelievably. But sending Ghost to the north where he belongs instead of dragging the poor guy to his doom in the south makes perfect sense to me, the sign of a caring and compassionate friend.

Tragic that he won't realize until it's too late that all that applies to him, too.

Very true, I just wish we had seen some special scene in any of this season’s episodes of Jon with Ghost. Wish him farewell, thank him for his love and friendship and for helping to save Winterfell. 

4 minutes ago, Hodor&Bran said:

The look on Eurons face in the scenes for next week.  Did you notice his look of surprize/fear?  He doesn't fear a dragon.  What IS he seeing out there on the water?  Yara?  

How could he possibly be afraid of his niece?

I was never a Dany fan, but i enjoyed some her chapters in the book (i'm a stannis the mannis kind of guy)

but show dany, i just pity her now, got royally screwed in D&D/Jon "suicide north squad" losing viserion, then, lost her dothraki fighting the WW, then get shitted all the way by the stark girls, now jon goes to basically rob her claim

Saint Tyrion, the worst hand in the history of westeros gives her bad advice, taking casterly rock, allying with jon, now coming back to dragonstone, with even a scout ship? who the fuck was castellan of dragon stone? what use is tyrion really?

now she loses Rhaegal, Missandei, and varys starts to conspire against her, and she is put on "mad queen" basis

really, how can she even love jon, as she says she does, before i thought it was a little forced, too little time to develop "love" but now, and she loses 

she coming to westeros, and going to the north was her worse decision ever, she should have just burned KL at the start, as she wanted.

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

Does anybody else have the feeling they really shoe-horned the entire Aegon plot into this Jon-Dany thing? I mean, there will be reasons given in the books why Dany can't marry Aegon - because he is fake, because she doesn't trust him, because he stole her throne, etc. - but Jon?

This doesn't make any sense. Even more so the 'she is his aunt' routine. They kissed after they knew they were aunt and nephew, didn't they, and Dany is stupidly the one who has issues with him being Rhaegar's son, not Jon.

Regardless what happens in the books, Dany and Jon are not going to enact the Dany-Aegon plot there.

But I have to say if stuff like that is going to go on with Aegon-Dany ... then, man, we will get good material in the books.

I think they'd both be down to rule together (her as Queen, him as WotN) just not as Targ/Targ which is what Varys and Tyrion want

2 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

Cersei: Yo all ballistas aim at that dragon, then Daenerys

THE END

Hopefully they can spend the next two episodes explaining how it was just now discovered that ballistas are god-tier amazing war tech and spamming them everywhere wins all battles.  

Rad.

1 minute ago, azor_ahaiii said:

I think they'd both be down to rule together (her as Queen, him as WotN) just not as Targ/Targ which is what Varys and Tyrion want

Varys has lost her support. He must be plotting to kill her somehow, possible by spreading the secret that she is not the rightful heir.

2 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

who the fuck is cheryl?

Cheryl or Carol is a the name some people give the show version of Cersei because she doesn't resemble the book Cersei. Carol and Larry (Jaime) is the combo I most see.

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

Does anybody else have the feeling they really shoe-horned the entire Aegon plot into this Jon-Dany thing? I mean, there will be reasons given in the books why Dany can't marry Aegon - because he is fake, because she doesn't trust him, because he stole her throne, etc. - but Jon?

This doesn't make any sense. Even more so the 'she is his aunt' routine. They kissed after they knew they were aunt and nephew, didn't they, and Dany is stupidly the one who has issues with him being Rhaegar's son, not Jon.

Regardless what happens in the books, Dany and Jon are not going to enact the Dany-Aegon plot there.

But I have to say if stuff like that is going to go on with Aegon-Dany ... then, man, we will get good material in the books.

Daenerys was right.

Jon should have kept his mouth shut.

But you're right. I don't like how they are pitting Daenerys against Jon at all. It doesn't make sense. The logical solution for all of this was for them to get married. Co-rule or not. Getting married solves all of their issues.

In the books, Aegon and Daenerys are going to have problems not because of their own personal issues with each other. No, they are going to have problems because of people like Arianne, JonCon, Tyrion, Marwyn and Varys whispering, intriguing and flitting about.

This was a very strange episode.

From and in-universe perspective, no one should care enough about Missandei to use her as a bargaining chip. She's basically just a handmaiden. This isn't really that big of a deal, but it's something that seems king of silly in retrospect.

Jaime is clearly a fake-out: he's going to end Cersei, not join her. I'm not totally sure if that's how it will work out, however. I could see there being a twist where Euron stabs her in the back. 

It's actually kind of comical that no one other than Tyrion has suggested a marriage pact between Jon and Dany, including Jon and Dany. Also, there's been a lot of unprotected sex this season, and so far no pregnancies (I'm not sure if I believe that Cersei even is pregnant). Guess we'll see how that pans out.

The problem with the show not portraying Dany's disturbing behavior from previous seasons as tyrannical is that now it just seems like everyone hates her out of nowhere. She's behaving exactly the same as always, only now it suddenly bothers people. Honestly, the only consistent one in this instance is Sansa, since she made it clear last season that she distrusts Targaryens. (Although what was with that weird line to Jaime about not getting to see Cersei executed? Sophie's acting has improved dramatically, but the way she behaved in that scene--kind of smugly, despite the northerners walking right into Cersei's lair--didn't land right).

I never in a million years would have thought D&D would give us another Sansa/Hound scene. Wow.

Gotta love how Tyrion's all pro-women when defending Dany's claim, yet he thought Bran deserved to be the Lord of Winterfell over the sister that Tyrion's obsessed with, who has been successfully ruling Winterfell for quite some time now.

So did anyone else clap harder for Arya turning down Lord Gendry's proposal than they clapped for Arya killing the Night King, because standing up to social expectations is for fuck's sake WAY harder than killing a bad guy, even if he's the Big Bad Guy? 

No? Just me? 

I'll be over here, still applauding Not-Lady Arya.