[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

I actually think they used a wolf as the model for that. I've seen white wolves before.

Pretty sure they film regular wolves and then scale them up, which is why they look kind of funky when they move.  I also think that's why they don't use the wolves much, as they always look out of place, much more so than the dragons, strangely.  

1 minute ago, SamuelVimes said:

So did anyone else clap harder for Arya turning down Lord Gendry's proposal than they clapped for Arya killing the Night King, because standing up to social expectations is for fuck's sake WAY harder than killing a bad guy, even if he's the Big Bad Guy? 

No? Just me? 

I'll be over here, still applauding Not-Lady Arya.  

That's stupid, cause her and Gendry have a strong bond and he wasn't trying to impose on her or anything.

I'm glad Arya stayed true to herself though.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I actually think they used a wolf as the model for that. I've seen white wolves before.

So have I. One jumped over my car once.

I was being silly with the 'big snowy doggo' line.  

Why are people upset that they mentioned  there's a new Prince of Dorne? If there was one place that would get it's shit together to pick a new ruler and defy Cersei, it's DORNE. 

3 minutes ago, Pandean said:

So what do you guys think the episode title is implying? The Last of the Starks....

Arya?  Sansa?  Bran?  It's hard to tell.  Probably Bran, since he's the last male Stark; with Jon being a legitimate Targ.  Though I think that Sansa can give the Stark name to her future children (if she survives to have them).  

Edited by Raksha 2014

Just now, dannyk65 said:

I'm thinking since Arya is no one, Bran is not-Bran and Jon is a Targ, Sansa is the last Stark?

Oh this is a good point. Though it doesn't bode well. Lone wolf and all.

3 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Gotta love how Tyrion's all pro-women when defending Dany's claim, yet he thought Bran deserved to be the Lord of Winterfell over the sister that Tyrion's obsessed with, who has been successfully ruling Winterfell for quite some time now.

That's because if Bran is Lord of Winterfell then Tyrion doesn't have to be forced into doing that job if his dream (read: wish fulfillment fantasy) comes true and Sansa takes him back as husband again.

4 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

Hopefully they can spend the next two episodes explaining how it was just now discovered that ballistas are god-tier amazing war tech and spamming them everywhere wins all battles.  

Rad.

They were so good I wonder why the British and the French bothered using cannons during the Napoleonic war. If they had used ballistas the opposing fleet would've been sunk in secs. 

9 minutes ago, no_one_... said:

This episode circles back to the beginning of season 7 to me.    In particular how I didn't like how Danny changed from getting the locals to revolt and supporting the revolt, to listening to the nonsensical advise they had Tyrion give her.  Add on to that shifting plot armour to fit narrative needs. 

So, instead of getting the word out for people to leave KL her "advisers" blame Danny for the deaths of people who chose to stay in KL knowing  Dragons et al would be gunning for KL.   This just reeks of more  the same bad writing in that the writers seem to change a developed character to meet bad plot development.

I actually think it makes sense for the common folk to pack inside the castle....they have ballistas on the wall almost every 10 feet.  That place seems pretty fortified, especially with the GC arriving.

Honestly even if Dany still had two dragons I think she'd be overmatched.  They should definitely be the underdogs now.

Why is Daenerys a Mad Queen for burning the city?

Cersei is the one who wants to play dirty and she stays winning. It's so deeply frustrating. The city has to burn now. There's no other way around it. She should have just burnt the Red Keep a long time ago.

How else are they going to stop Cersei? Oh, wait...I forgot Arya is the lovechild of Superman and Wolverine. 

Cersei hasn't killed Tyrion yet because Tyrion is basically working for her. Basically, he's too useful to die yet.

I am furious at Sansa though. And I can see her doing stuff like that in the second half of A Dream of Spring too which is even more enfuriating.

Just now, briantw said:

I also think that's why they don't use the wolves much, as they always look out of place, much more so than the dragons, strangely.  

Also seems like they don't feel like the wolves merit the same kind of time/effort/expense as the dragons. They're not as sexy, they won't look as cool on HBO promo material, and so their importance to the story (which I think in the books is probably yuuuuge, like I think Ghost is the only reason Jon ends up still alive) gets minimized. 

I wonder if there is a symbolism behind Dany losing aspects of the power she gained while in Essos, the rwo dragons named after her brithers-who were first in line to the throne- , the dothraki and Jorah who believed in her and named her Khaleesi, Missandei her trusted advisor. Seems now that she has to adjust to westerosi rules and not create her own. 

Just now, darksellsword said:

They were so good I wonder why the British and the French bothered using cannons during the Napoleonic war. If they had used ballistas the opposing fleet would've been sunk in secs. 

I KNEW I should've bought shares in those huge bolt-producing startups.  DAMN!

1 minute ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Arya?  Sansa?  Bran?  It's hard to tell.  Probably Bran, since he's the last male Stark; with Jon being a legitimate Targ.  Though I think that Sansa can give the Stark name to her future children (if she survives to have them).  

I think Sansa can do that if she's the ruling Lady of Winterfell and marries down.  I don't think Arya could do it even if she were to marry down.

Just now, SamuelVimes said:

Also seems like they don't feel like the wolves merit the same kind of time/effort/expense as the dragons. They're not as sexy, they won't look as cool on HBO promo material, and so their importance to the story (which I think in the books is probably yuuuuge, like I think Ghost is the only reason Jon ends up still alive) gets minimized. 

Yeah, I think the warging stuff is just inherently more difficult on screen than it is in text too.  Would be tough to show how Jon's mind was in a wolf's body visually.