[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

6 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Daenerys was right.

Jon should have kept his mouth shut.

But you're right. I don't like how they are pitting Daenerys against Jon at all. It doesn't make sense. The logical solution for all of this was for them to get married. Co-rule or not. Getting married solves all of their issues.

In the books, Aegon and Daenerys are going to have problems not because of their own personal issues with each other. No, they are going to have problems because of people like Arianne, JonCon, Tyrion, Marwyn and Varys whispering, intriguing and flitting about.

I agree. I like how they make it seem like getting married is wrong since they're related but kissing passionately isn't?? Jon's the one that kissed her, he doesn't have any problem doing it knowing they're related.

Aren't the direwolves supposed to be huge, like Nymeria? Why's Ghost so small? Is it because he's the runt of the litter? 

Just now, Raksha 2014 said:

Arya?  Sansa?  Bran?  It's hard to tell.  Probably Bran, since he's the last male Stark; with Jon being a legitimate Targ.  Though I think that Sansa can give the Stark name to her future children (if she survives to have them).  

Technically Sansa has the Stark name still since Stark was one of the Great Houses (Women of the Great Houses usually keep the name of their Houses but if they marry up it tends to change. Like Cersei being mainly considered Lannister while Olenna is considered a Tyrell not a Redwyne) so I think she can give the name to her children if she survives and has children.

Bran is...well, not the Lord of Winterfell. I guess he's the Three Eyed Raven so IDK how much of Bran is in there anymore, sadly. 

iDK,. I consider Arya, Sansa, Bran, and Jon all Starks even if they technically aren't.

3 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Why are people upset that they mentioned  there's a new Prince of Dorne? If there was one place that would get it's shit together to pick a new ruler and defy Cersei, it's DORNE. 

only martells can be princes of dorne, so........

I'd assume the episode title is referring to Sansa.  

Arya is heading south to kill some folks and probably isn't coming back.

Jon is actually Aegon Targaryen.  He's either dying or ending up on the Iron Throne.

Bran isn't really Bran any more and has no interest in Winterfell.  

Edited by briantw

1 minute ago, LadyBlackwater said:

When he was sitting with Tyrion at the feast?

Yeah, in the very beginning when the Lannister boys were having fun. In this show it is the silent moments I love the best.

Sansa is clearly the last of the Starks. Arya says to the Hound she's not coming back; Jon clearly says he's not a Stark; and Bran makes clear he's not interested in being a Stark. Sansa, on the other hand, has huge Northron pride and ambition, and is not even sure about bending the knee; she's the Stark in the North, for sure. 

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Daenerys was right.

Jon should have kept his mouth shut.

But she should have fucking asked him to marry him then and there. Why didn't she do that. Why did neither of them ever came up with that idea. Why do they stupid plotters in the shadows talk about stuff like that?

But you're right. I don't like how they are pitting Daenerys against Jon at all. It doesn't make sense. The logical solution for all of this was for them to get married. Co-rule or not. Getting married solves all of their issues.

Indeed. Not to mention that there really is no issue. You do have to spill blood to defeat your enemies, and you cannot again and again and again hope the enemy yields. I mean, Cersei is basically Hitler now. Was Hitler defeated because the British asked him nicely? I don't think so.

Dany does what it take to take her throne and restore order - there is no reason to believe that she is going to turn into a tyrant once her enemies are defeated.

In the books, Aegon and Daenerys are going to have problems not because of their own personal issues with each other. No, they are going to have problems because of people like Arianne, JonCon, Tyrion, Marwyn and Varys whispering, intriguing and flitting about.

Yeah, when I watched that scene with Tyrion and Qyburn I saw Tyrion and ... Haldon. And that could be very powerful. There will eventually be personal bad blood between these two, of course, but it is certainly very likely that the people around them push them into the conflict.

If Varys betrays Dany in the show I expect him to eventually betray Aegon in the books. He is Varys' dragon, not Dany. He might switch sides not because he backed the wrong horse but because his dragon is going to turn out to be a failure - a promising golden boy who develops into a tyrant. That could be very powerful, too.

I wonder whether they completely turned things around and had this Second Dance finale at the end of the show rather than the Others. Because it is quite clear, I think, that if Jon and/or Dany die it will be in the fight against the Others, not during some cleanup mission. And when you fight for the survival of mankind this nonsense about claims will not matter at all. Not between these two. Even more since Dany in the books really has no connection to this iron chair and is in no hurry to conquer it. It could even come as a relief to give it up - or to share the burden with somebody she loves.

3 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I missed that; who said it?

Tyrion I think in the beginning, they were talking about possible allies. 

8 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Why are people upset that they mentioned  there's a new Prince of Dorne? If there was one place that would get it's shit together to pick a new ruler and defy Cersei, it's DORNE. 

I don't think anyone's upset. It's just hilarious that after having Ellaria (no relation whatsoever to the ruling family) and her bastard children apparently take control of Dorne and then having Dorne just disappear from the war after they were captured or killed the Dornish now have a prince and are mentioned again. Why didn't they have a prince (or princess) to start with even if he or she was just Ellaria's puppet? 

Like many regions of Westeros (Stormlands, Riverlands, Reach for some other recent examples) Dorne and its forces just appears or disappears from the story depending on the whims of the writers. 

Edited by The One Who Kneels

4 minutes ago, BradDoty08 said:

I agree. I like how they make it seem like getting married is wrong since they're related but kissing passionately isn't?? Jon's the one that kissed her, he doesn't have any problem doing it knowing they're related.

Aren't the direwolves supposed to be huge, like Nymeria? Why's Ghost so small? Is it because he's the runt of the litter? 

they keep screwing up with the wolves. Check season 2 at crasters...Ghost is huge there. They arent consistent.