[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

I don't see varys betraying Dany in the show as a indication that he will betray fAegon in the books, just they course correcting, varys should NEVER supported Dany to begin with, but since they left out the whole fAegon plot from the books, and since Varys had to stay alive to the end game, they did some filler with him

the same way with bron really, from comedic duo to slapping dwarfs in the face, the 180"s those characters go is just ludicrous.

It seems likely the next episode will all be taken by the fight for KL.  That leaves a single episode where they can make some use of Bran.  Did they put all the effort in taking him beyond the wall just to sort out Jon's parentage?  He has been nothing but LUMP this season.

3 minutes ago, Skills said:

I actually think it makes sense for the common folk to pack inside the castle....they have ballistas on the wall almost every 10 feet.  That place seems pretty fortified, especially with the GC arriving.

Honestly even if Dany still had two dragons I think she'd be overmatched.  They should definitely be the underdogs now.

What would they need protection from?  They'd be in more danger in KL,  Cerci blew up a Sept full of people not too long ago.  If Danny had been consistent to character in Season 7 she wouldn't have even attacke anywhere else and made it clear she was looking to depose Cerci.   All she had to do was seige KL. 

1 minute ago, greel said:

It seems likely the next episode will all be taken by the fight for KL.  That leaves a single episode where they can make some use of Bran.  Did they put all the effort in taking him beyond the wall just to sort out Jon's parentage?  He has been nothing but LUMP this season.

I am probably wrong but I got the sense that Bran set this whole conflict between Dany and Jon in motion for some reason that he can only see via the weirwood network.   

2 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

I don't see varys betraying Dany in the show as a indication that he will betray fAegon in the books, just they course correcting, varys should NEVER supported Dany to begin with, but since they left out the whole fAegon plot from the books, and since Varys had to stay alive to the end game, they did some filler with him

But Aegon will fail. And Varys does, in the end, serve the Realm. That was never in doubt. If Aegon were to sabotage their efforts in the fight against the Others or turn out to be a shitty king in other ways Varys would personally slit his throat. It would likely break his heart but he would do it.

Just now, of man and wolf said:

you sure? how much does it cost to produce Ghost and how much do they pay the two actors? Its not like they didnt have CGI with other characters in almost every episode.

I'm was mostly kidding. I have no idea, but the showrunners are always bitching about how much the wolves cost. A dragon has no hair, you know. Rendering lifelike fur is computationally costly.

4 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

only martells can be princes of dorne, so........

Dornish have no qualms about bastards though. Surely there was one left somewhere. Doran not but Oberyn has plenty. He admitted to eight daughters? Never said anything about how many sons he had. 

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Good call, although I can't been able to figure out her Bronn angle yet.

She's playing both sides of the fence.

"If he dies, he dies. If he lives, I'll use him."

1 minute ago, BlueNightzx said:

only martells can be princes of dorne, so........

Yeah. 95% of people would call that a plot hole. Other shows would have been ripped to threads for such a big plot hole.

2 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Technically Sansa has the Stark name still since Stark was one of the Great Houses (Women of the Great Houses usually keep the name of their Houses but if they marry up it tends to change. Like Cersei being mainly considered Lannister while Olenna is considered a Tyrell not a Redwyne) so I think she can give the name to her children if she survives and has children.

Bran is...well, not the Lord of Winterfell. I guess he's the Three Eyed Raven so IDK how much of Bran is in there anymore, sadly. 

iDK,. I consider Arya, Sansa, Bran, and Jon all Starks even if they technically aren't.

Not exactly right.

Women of the Great Houses do usually keep and invoke their maiden name (as well as their sigils and banners). But they still take their husband's last name and they are primarily known by their husband's last name. Like Catelyn Stark is still widely known as Catelyn Tully but her claim to fame is the fact that she is the wife of Lord Stark, the queen of his castle and the mother of the next generation of Starks. She went back and forth from Tully and Stark in the show but her principal priorities and duties belonged to House Stark.

However, when women of any house marry the King, they keep their last names. You can't marry into royalty and claim the name; you can only claim the name if you were born into it. That exclusivity is part of the kingly and princely mystique. That's why Cersei Lannister is still Cersei Lannister even though she was married to King Robert Baratheon.

That's why Targaryen women always kept their last name and their title as princess, no matter who they married.

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

I'm was mostly kidding. I have no idea, but the showrunners are always bitching about how much the wolves cost. A dragon has no hair, you know. Rendering lifelike fur is computationally costly.

I guess so but really im sure this show is banking dough. 

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

She's playing both sides of the fence.

"If he dies, he dies. If he lives, I'll use him."

Yeah. 95% of people would call that a plot hole. Other shows would have been ripped to threads for such a big plot hole.

Not exactly right.

Women of the Great Houses do usually keep and invoke their maiden name (as well as their sigils and banners). But they still take their husband's last name and they are primarily known by their husband's last name. Like Catelyn Stark is still widely known as Catelyn Tully but her claim to fame is the fact that she is the wife of Lord Stark, the queen of his castle and the mother of the next generation of Starks. She went back and forth from Tully and Stark in the show but her principal priorities and duties belonged to House Stark.

However, when women of any house marry the King, they keep their last names. You can't marry into royalty and claim the name; you can only claim the name if you were born into it. That exclusivity is part of the kingly and princely mystique. That's why Cersei Lannister is still Cersei Lannister even though she was married to King Robert Baratheon.

That's why Targaryen women always kept their last name and their title as princess, no matter who they married.

Oh. Well, the more you know.

1 minute ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I am probably wrong but I got the sense that Bran set this whole conflict between Dany and Jon in motion for some reason that he can only see via the weirwood network.   

It sure feels that way, so perhaps this is even what the showrunners intended us to think. But we have no idea why. 

You wonder just what sort of long game Bran is playing here, what with him living mostly in the past now. 

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I remember they mentioned how hard it was for them to keep everything proportional when making the wolves so huge. Something about how to make the wolves look "natural" with their movements.