[Spoilers] Episode 804 Discussion

^ No, she is pregnant with Jamie's baby - Tyrion noted that before Euron appeared in her bed.

What Jamie said to Brienne was straight-up right. He still, deep down, would burn the world to defend her, especially with their baby. His redemption arc has just smashed against a brick wall - I like that. When he finds himself face-to-face with her and Euron by her side, who knows how he'll react - that will give a delicious bit of intrigue.

Just now, House Cambodia said:

^ No, she is pregnant with Jamie's baby - Tyrion noted that before Euron appeared in her bed.

What Jamie said to Brienne was straight-up right. He still, deep down, would burn the world to defend her, especially with their baby. His redemption arc has just smashed against a brick wall - I like that. When he finds himself face-to-face with her and Euron by her side, who knows how he'll react - that will give a delicious bit of intrigue.

At this point I wouldn't put something like this past D & D, but my read of the scene was that he was going to kill her (I think killing your twin sister also qualifies as smashing your redemption arc.) 

He made the decision directly after learning of Euron's ambush; I think he realized the military effort may be doomed and the only way they will get close enough to Cersei to kill her will be to have someone go in who won't be resisted militarily; him.

1 minute ago, Chris is my name said:

At this point I wouldn't put something like this past D & D, but my read of the scene was that he was going to kill her (I think killing your twin sister also qualifies as smashing your redemption arc.) 

He made the decision directly after learning of Euron's ambush; I think he realized the military effort may be doomed and the only way they will get close enough to Cersei to kill her will be to have someone go in who won't be resisted militarily; him.

Hmm, I saw it the opposite. Sansa stated with great certainty that Dany with her dragon would defeat and execute Cercei very soon - that's what made him change his mind and rush towards his sister.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Hmm, I saw it the opposite. Sansa stated with great certainty that Dany with her dragon would defeat and execute Cercei very soon - that's what made him change his mind and rush towards his sister.

No, she was telling Jamie she had been looking forward to Cersei's execution, until now (after receiving news that Dany was ambushed and would likely not succeed.)

No, she was telling Jamie she had been looking forward to Cersei's execution, until now (after receiving news that Dany was ambushed and would likely not succeed.)

I didn't realise it was so ambiguous! I'm still not seeing that. She didn't look like she was worried they were going to lose the war; rather she was miffed it'll all be over before she gets a chance to join them. She was in the war room when Dany was dissuaded from simply burning KL and all who sail in her; in talking to Jamie she seemed to assume Dany would be furious and lose all restraint.

44 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Do you think Cersei really is still pregnant?  She's been drinking wine again... I kind of thought maybe she lost it and is just pretending that she's still pregnant.  

I absolutely do not.  I think that look between Euron and Qyburn was Qyburn confirming Cersei's lie. 

Or Qyburn confirming to Euron that he has lied to Cersei.  

Either way a think Cersei is already Mad with guilt overr her dead niece and nephews, and I think that a phantom baby is part of her psychosis.  IMO.

1 minute ago, Majisto said:

When they captured Missandei,  why didn't they finish the fleet off? 

In the background, ALL the ships looked smashed up. However, whilst about 20 men had made it to that beach, a couple of hundred Unsullied were later seen, so the exact condition of the fleet was left unclear.

10 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

I absolutely do not.  I think that look between Euron and Qyburn was Qyburn confirming Cersei's lie. 

Or Qyburn confirming to Euron that he has lied to Cersei.  

Either way a think Cersei is already Mad with guilt overr her dead niece and nephews, and I think that a phantom baby is part of her psychosis.  IMO.

You mean her dead sons and daughter?  Lol.  

Really?  I thought the look from Qyburn was definitely him confirming to Euron that it was true...but it wouldn't be surprising at all if he were lying, since it benefits Cersei for Euron to be devoted to her. 

15 hours ago, SamuelVimes said:

The whole marriage-won't-work bit seemed to me, as I think you're suggesting, kind of a deus ex machina explanation as to why we can't possibly have that super easy solution to this Big New Three-Episode-Arc Problem That Has To Be Really Difficult To Solve. 

That scene with Dany and Jon was so awkward. Dany was all: "Bae let's just ignore the elephant in the room and snog a bit more, then I'm gonna go into full Dom mode and force you to submit, otherwise we're over :)))"

15 hours ago, Christi84 said:

I’m so irritated that D&D let the connection of the Direwolves and the Starks go to the wayside, but I guess it’s good if they didn’t care to do it right. I can’t believe he’s let Ghost go, but maybe it’s like, this is his child and he wants him to live.

Got a kick out of Gendry getting a Lordship out of nowhere! Too bad he got his heart broken. But Arya is right, that isn’t her.

I like Sansa and Sandor getting a moment too..that was nice 

Of course Sansa has to tell the secret, but I think she definitely did it purposely, she knew who Tyrion would tell and she would get that roundabout way to get rid of Dany

I was mad about Ghost's last scene at first but now I see it as similar to Arya and Nymeria's last scene together. Jon was acknowledging that Ghost is of the North and has no place inside a castle and much less down south. At the same time it gave me the chills because it felt like Jon was giving up an essential part of his identity, or at least a loyal protector. And now he's heading to KL. Definitely seems like a bad omen.

Gendry being legitimised made me feel super touched at first, then it felt like too much fan service. But Arya declining him kind of made up for it, that's definitely something she would do. "That's not me". Although a part of me still wishes that she and Gendry will end up together and that she would define a new way of being a "lady", much like Brienne has.

Sansa & Sandor was probably one of the strongest moments of the whole episode. Her telling Tyrion about Jon's parentage was a really nice touch, really illustrates how much she has learned from the top schemers of Westeros. I just hope that her cunning doesn't result in the death of her cousin.

15 hours ago, Pandean said:

So what do you guys think the episode title is implying? The Last of the Starks....

Multiple meanings, perhaps. It's vague enough for more than one interpretation. It might simply refer to the last "true" Stark, with Sansa being the obvious character to claim that title since she holds Winterfell and seems to be the only one still truly living the northern way. Or it can refer to all the Stark siblings (plus half-Stark Jon), the pack that has survived. Or it can be in the sense that this is "the last that we see of the Starks, at least together".

14 hours ago, BlueNightzx said:

on a side note, i found really stunning how much more beautiful Missandei looked, and maybe even more regal, than both cersei and Dany.

She really looked stunning. Also, is it just me or did her "dracarys" sound much more impressive than those that Dany utters? :D I was low key expecting that Drogon, moved by her powerful interpretation of the magic word, would teleport behind Cersei and roast her there and then.

7 hours ago, cirah1712 said:

Im surprised at how stupid Daenerys was thinking that they could just return to Dragonstone. Of course Cersei was going to have some sort of measures in place they for if they tried to return! 

THIS. I wanted to throw my laptop through the window at this. Although, since they went down this road, they actually left a huge plothole. In reality it would have been logical to also place these undefeatable ballistae in strategic places on the rocks of Dragonstone to shoot down any dragon that would make it past the ships. And similarly have archers hiding there to shoot at anyone crawling from the sea or trying to make the steps to the fort. It's not like they had many left to kill at that point anyway...

58 minutes ago, T and A said:

- Jon telling Arya, Bran and Sansa about his parents offscreen. I understand that you can not waste everytime screentime with this story, but the revelation to his family should not be offscreen. 

This didn't even bother me as I was watching but now I can't stop thinking about it. True, that was some good drama and acting thrown down the gutter. But I guess if they had shown this scene, it might have given away Sansa's Littlefinger moment with Tyrion.

Yeah, considering this was one of the main sources of tension and intrigue since the very beginning. . .no.

Yes, Jon Arryn's discovery on Cersei's to-mah-tos set the new wars in motion.

Ned had successfully buried the truth of Robert's rebellion and the realm was at relative peace.

2 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Yes, Jon Arryn's discovery on Cersei's to-mah-tos set the new wars in motion

That is in part true, but regardless of their sire, her children were always her children and never seen as her niece/nephew. . .

Edited by Chris is my name