[Poll] How would you rate episode 804?

How would you rate episode 804?   

382 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

7 minutes ago, xander_blackfyre said:

Varys spelled it out. Essentially if a handful of people know something then basically everyone will know in short order.  Basically it was smart for her to slip away telling nobody her intentions.  If you are a world class assassin you don't go around telling anyone who your targets are especially not the people closet to you.  The less they know the better.  Plus we already know Sansa can't keep a secret even if she swears it.

Huh? Sansa already knows Arya is a FM. So Sansa could just as easily tell everyone that now

Bleah. Not a fan. They beginning was ok, but they lost me as soon as Jon turned his back on sad Ghost. Didn't get better from there. Wait - I lied. Tyrion and Varys had a conversation that *almost* didn't include dicks. That was - sort of - refreshing.

2 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Bleah. Not a fan. They beginning was ok, but they lost me as soon as Jon turned his back on sad Ghost. Didn't get better from there. Wait - I lied. Tyrion and Varys had a conversation that *almost* didn't include dicks. That was - sort of - refreshing.

I tried and tried to like it, too.  Such a letdown.

6/10.  

Some good moments in this episode.  Some things I wasn't sure about.  

Comparing it partly to the first 3 episodes which were all better imo.  

Pushing the story along and setting up the final 2 episodes.  Did its job, and some revealing moments.  

12 minutes ago, Nakraal said:

I took put 1 point for the Bron scene. Even the actors couldn't believe this thing was feasible. 

That was truly an awful scene... I didn't realize Bron had a double action crossbow...

50 minutes ago, xander_blackfyre said:

Varys spelled it out. Essentially if a handful of people know something then basically everyone will know in short order.  Basically it was smart for her to slip away telling nobody her intentions.  If you are a world class assassin you don't go around telling anyone who your targets are especially not the people closest to you.  The less they know the better.  Plus we already know Sansa can't keep a secret even if she swears it.

Bran knows, though. Bran always knows.

What with both Qyburn and Tyrion both sporting duelling golden hand-of-the-monarch brooches, I felt like poor Davos would have looked more dashing if he'd been wearing one of his own like he always used to. :)

Yeah yeah, I know this can't happen without Jon declaring himself against Dany, so it won't. 

1 hour ago, tallTale said:

Arya leaving without even attempting to tell anyone that she's going to kill Cersei was bullshit.

Are we sure Arya didn't tell anyone?

My assumption is that she did tell, minimally, Jon, Sans and Bran (although telling Bran would be unnecessary,, I think  For that matter even if Arya didn't tell anyone, Bran would soon know anyway, and I'm sure Arya knows that).

I gave it a 6.

I thought the start was OK. But I didnt like how Jon said goodbye to Ghost. I get why they did it in the show but I felt it could've been done better. It was like he was saying goodbye to someones pet he met at a party  or something, or an animal he was only slightly fond of. 

I felt that, with only a couple of episodes left, the plot didnt progress enough.... Or more, the way it ended left me thinking - what, thats it? Im not sure if that is because of how the second half of the episode was structured or paced.  

I always rate right after the show & end up rating higher than I think I would later. So I'm gonna give this one some time to sink in before giving it a number. 

In the meantime this is what I think:

I enjoyed the beginning. Jon's speech at the beginning gave me chills & Dany's last look at Jorah was very heart felt. 

The celebrating was fun. I thought for a second Arya was going to agree to be Gendry's lady & thought I was going to have to turn it off for good because as much as the fan girl in me would love it - Arya is no lady. So I'm glad she told him that. 

I know plenty of people have screamed to the high heavens that Daenerys is going to be mad - and maybe so - but the conversation between her & Jon in re to the throne was fucking ridiculous.

It made her seem like a $2 whore telling her 'John' how great in bed he was. Like she was manipulating him into believing she loves him so don't tell anyone about the throne actually being yours m'kay? I mean just for "us" you know because I love you. 

It felt cheap & unbelievable. There is no chance GRRM write that bullshit. 

I'm not even mad Sansa couldn't keep the secret because I'm too mad at Dany, all the sudden, not giving a fuck about the man she supposedly loves, the army that is fighting for her or the innocent people she wants to slaughter. 

Now, that being said, if she hadn't done all of those things PRIOR to Rhaegal & Missandei being killed but AFTER it would have felt much more real. It's much more understandable to see a woman who just watched one of her "children" being killed, followed by a loyal subject she cared deeply for, saying "Screw it, burn em all" in a fit of rage & grief then her having to be talked out of burning the city alive before any of that happened. 

I'm heart broken for Brienne also & ffs they had better not ruin Jaime's arc. It's one of the best in the series, the show & the book, & it will be devastating to watch D&D butcher it. I don't believe Jaime would STILL run to Cersei's rescue at this point for a couple of reasons but mostly because he was given the opportunity to do so before & didn't. But now that he has found someone else & is seemingly happy he is going to run to her rescue? I call bull shit. Of course they could be making it appear this way to say "haha gotcha!" Jaime actually isn't going to leave Brienne! Here he comes back again... Oh wait that already happened once. Doesn't mean they won't do it again though.

Jon leaving Ghost is outrageous. Not only is the reason "he will do better in the north" not suffice but also he didn't even say goodbye to him! That coupled with the fact that D&D have seemed at a loss with what to do with Ghost for a while other than shrink him down & occasionally put him in the shot, let's me know this was the only way their two brain cells could figure out how to get rid of him. CRAP.

Ahh ok. There were some things I liked. Missandei being killed was surprisingly heart wrenching. I haven't put much stock into Missandei & Grey Worm at all. I didn't like that story line & felt like it could be cut from the show all together. I was very surprised when her death affected me emotionally. I suppose this means the show did it right? 

I liked Brienne & Jaime hooking up more than I thought I would. I especially liked Tyrion pouring more ale into Tormund's horn like - here's more beer - please don't kill my brother. 

I liked Arya & the Hound taking off together but I wonder why Arya doesn't plan on coming back? I assume the Hound is going to kill his brother & assumes he won't live through it. I assume Arya is going to kill Cersei but I don't see any reason for her to believe she won't live through it? Only time will tell I suppose. 

Is Euron the dumbest asshole on the planet? I'll forgive the fact that it can't have been long enough since they had sex for her to know she is pregnant with his baby because time doesn't seem to work properly in D&D's Westeros BUT when he realized Tyrion knew she was pregnant did that not cue him in? Does he not realize Tyrion wouldn't know that unless she was pregnant the last time she saw Tyrion - long before they slept together? Maybe he thinks Cersei sent a raven to share the wonderful news with her brothers? 

Anyone else tired of seeing Lena smirk? I used to really enjoy Cersei. She seems very one dimensional now. 

The Bronn story line was so stupid I don't even want to comment on it. 

This episode has sparked more emotion in me than the rest of the episodes combined so maybe that's a good thing? If I rated now I'd maybe give it a 3. Possibly in a few days, with time to digest that will change. 

Greatly exceeded expectations...

D&D's ham handed approach was a bit more subtle than usual. Stark family vs Lannister family vs Dany as a theme came across rather than typical D&D trad TV bull.

Bother, I should have gone with 2 or 3 now that I think about it - still greatly exceeding expectations, but accounting for the usual ridiculous warfare (naval in this case) and the convenient capture of Melesandei, and Jamie's one-night stand with Brienne, and more... 

8 minutes ago, ummester said:

I haven't seen it yet - thought I'd check the scores first. 25% give it 1/10 - seems to have turned form to divisive to disliked. I'm afraid to watch it now.

At this point, you should watch it.  I almost didn't watch this season (or season 7 for that matter) but I figured I might as well, since I put in all the time already....Actually I'm debating if that was a sound strategy, tonight's episode had me flat out pissed off.  Terribad writing.

Jesus, looking at the ratings and reading the reviews, I don’t know why some of you even bother to watch. Gluttons for punishment, I guess. I loved it. It’s OK that it’s not a Shakespearean tragedy for me. Or true to GRRM gospel. It’s great entertainment. I would challenge the critics to find something better to watch. And let me know what it is. I really do want to know. I’m always looking for a good show. 

Edited by Greenmonsterff

27 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

Greatly exceeded expectations...

D&D's ham handed approach was a bit more subtle than usual. Stark family vs Lannister family vs Dany as a theme came across rather than typical D&D trad TV bull.

Bother, I should have gone with 2 or 3 now that I think about it - still greatly exceeding expectations, but accounting for the usual ridiculous warfare (naval in this case) and the convenient capture of Melesandei, and Jamie's one-night stand with Brienne, and more... 

Don't you mean a one-hand stand? :)