[Poll] How would you rate episode 804?

How would you rate episode 804?   

382 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

1 hour ago, Elayis said:

Fuck, I thought last episode was the lowest it could get but here is D&D once again to prove me wrong. I am so glad I read those spoilers beforehand. 

I'm still angry about the way Ghost was treated and how Rhaegal went out like a bitch, but I can't find the will to care about any of the rest. Of course Dany goes Mad Queen at the flip of a switch. Of course Sansa breaks her word and starts scheming behind everyones back. Of course Jaime is still obsessed with Cersei. Of course the bas guys win because the good guys forget everything and act like complete morons. Of course Missendei's final wish is for Dany to burn thousands of innocent people for revenge.

I just can't with this show anymore. Thank God there are only two episodes left. The only reason I'm still watching is so I can watch Euron and Cersei die, but knowing D&D I'm sure they'll try to make it as tragic and sympathetic as possible.

GRRM really screwed the pooch when he handed them the keys to the seven kingdoms.

2/10, for Jaime and Brienne finally getting it on.

It's been coming for a long time in the show.  They've telegraphed it.  It's hardly a flip of a switch.....

8 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

It's been coming for a long time in the show.  They've telegraphed it.  It's hardly a flip of a switch.....

There have been small hints here and there, so I agree that Mad Dany was inevitable. But even as recently as the last two seasons she has been largely sane and empathetic. Even when telling Sam that she burned his family alive she was still conflicted and remorseful.

Her turn should've been handled with a lot more finesse and screen time.

Edited by Elayis

I gave it a 4. However the vast majority is 1 :P

- 1 for Ghost

- 3 for this stupid coup against Dany

- 2 for thinking Jon is a good candidate

+4 for super Euron the great other competing with his real rival Azar Ahai Arya 

Just now, Elayis said:

There have been small hints here and there, so I agree that Mad Dany was inevitable. But even as recently as the last two seasons she has been largely sane and empathetic. It should've been handled with a lot more finesse and screen time. 

It really hasn't.  And she isn't going to be 100% insane.  It's when the "Dragon is woken" that she has those moments and they've been getting more and more frequent throughout the show.

The main thing is historically we've seen them rage against unknowns or people we don't care about.  For the first time we are seeing how her temper and harsh judgements affect characters we know and/or care about.

2 minutes ago, Crona said:

I gave it a 4. However the vast majority is 1 :P

- 1 for Ghost

- 3 for this stupid coup against Dany

- 2 for thinking Jon is a good candidate

+4 for super Euron the great other competing with his real rival Azar Ahai Arya 

You're going to have to remove that rating I'm afraid, because the Ballista weren't Euron's idea!

I gave this one a 5.  If you had handed me the plot outline, this looks like an amazing 10 episode.  Sadly Dumb and Dumber wrote it, so it is a hot mess where nothing connects or makes sense.

Some of the problem lies in the crops they have sowed.  Dany on the show is not likable or someone we want to root for.  If she was, this would be an interesting conflict between two women, both of whom we want to win.  Instead she's been a power-hungry sociopath for seasons.

Nothing has consequences, nothing matters.  Everything happens happens because D&D think it will be cool.

Where did Dany get another massive navy?  Dany makes an angry, people saving charge at Urine's ballistas and suddenly they can't hit a thing.  This is after they hit a broad sided (so easier) target at a MUCH greater distance and firing completely blind (Dany couldn't see the ships, thus they couldn't see them).  The literally fired over an island and hit all 4? shots.  Then they miss 15? much easier shots.  That is what we call plot armor.  Later on these much stabler mounted ballistas are not used at the King's Landing meet, despite Cersei not wanting to negotiate. Dany should be happy Cersei is not the sociopath she is as killing people who parley with her is a Dany specialty. 

Cersei sends Bronn to kill Jaime and Jaime is reminded that he loves her and has to go back to her.  GOT it. Glad I'm single, I guess.  I'm assuming Jaime's heel turn happens in the books, too.  I'm also confident it will be earned there.  It is the type of devastating subversion Martin loves.  Ask two chimps to write it and you get this...

Jon is not at all upset he is smushing with his aunt.  GOT it.  I accept Dany is fine with this, the show has established (and reminded us THIS episode) that is a big nono everywhere else in Westeros.  Jon just abandons Ghost for reasons...  And he listens...  GOT it.  F' YOU Dumb and Dumber.  Glad you have more screen time for dick jokes, tits and CGI crap.

Christie gave a balls out performance.  She and NCW are magic together.  At least we got a great episode with them before ^^ happened.

Arya and Hound on the road to kill Zombie Mountain and Cersei.  That I can dig.  That is the show I want to see.  

Missendei gets rough treatment at Cersei's hands and so she now wants the Mad Queen to burn all the common folks of Kings Landing.  GOT it.

Cersei decided to go psycho at the negotiation.  That actually tracks with HER.  Why didn't she just launch a sortie and kill Dany, Varys, Tyrion, Grey Worm AND the last Drogon.  They had about 100 troops with them.  Tee war would be over, Cersei could make peace with Sansa if she didn't want to fight it out.  Oh yea, she didn't (maybe she will to open next ep) because there is only one ruler currently who regularly kills people during negotiations.  Also, how is she passing the pregnancy to Urine? She has to be fairly far into her Jaime baby pregnancy.  What is she going to say when it pops out a month later?  Did Urine not go to health class in 6th grade?

Abandoning Ghost.... GOT it...

A very generous 6, one of my lowest ratings ever. 

I really dont like the direction that this is going now.

Tonight was just about what I expected only worse.  This is the first show that afterwards I just felt disenfranchised and sick to my stomach about.  I went to bed in a fog.

Danny is soooo stupid.  I always fly right into range of the guns that just killed my wingman.  Lets lose both dragons instead of just one.  Jon must be rubbing off on her tactics wise.

BTW, arent Dragons magical beasts?  Kill one with a magical ice spear OK but take one out with just a big ass arrow with no magical qualitys?  I call BS.

At least Sansa didnt let me down.  She just makes me dislike her more and more.

The show has me at the point of not caring what happens to most of the characters.

3 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

It really hasn't.  And she isn't going to be 100% insane.  It's when the "Dragon is woken" that she has those moments and they've been getting more and more frequent throughout the show.

The main thing is historically we've seen them rage against unknowns or people we don't care about.  For the first time we are seeing how her temper and harsh judgements affect characters we know and/or care about.

Do we care about Cersei, though? I'm honestly more upset about Missendei's desire for Dany to burn all of King's Landing, innocents included.

24 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

you had never read the books, you'd be saying something different.  They were consistent with the characters because we all knew the characters due to countless re-reads and it being far easier to demonstrate thoughts in a book than a show.

I read the books after I watched to season 4 - they felt consistent before then. Cat was extremely maternal - it was in character for her to free a captive to try and save her children. Ned was extremely honorable - it was in character for him to treat Cersie with honor, even if she did not deserve it.  Robb was a young, dumb and full of romance - it is perfectly reasonable that he fell in love outside of his arranged marriage. I got all of that from the show alone.

4 minutes ago, ummester said:

I read the books after I watched to season 4 - they felt consistent before then. Cat was extremely maternal - it was in character for her to free a captive to try and save her children. Ned was extremely honorable - it was in character for him to treat Cersie with honor, even if she did not deserve it.  Robb was a young, dumb and full of romance - it is perfectly reasonable that he fell in love outside of his arranged marriage. I got all of that from the show alone.

She was awful in the show.  I didn't think much of her in the books, but they ruined her in the show.

15 minutes ago, Elayis said:

Do we care about Cersei, though? I'm honestly more upset about Missendei's desire for Dany to burn all of King's Landing, innocents included.

Yes, because she is one of the original cast members.

And only Missendei will ever know what she meant by that.  Whether she meant kill everyone or whether it was a throwback to when she was freed.

23 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Sadly they've ripped that straight out of the books, which have also become extremely lazy in surprises.  Both author and show runners have been living off that Eddard moment for years.

It’s not just one thing in the show though, taking the last episode as an example. Euron pulls up and manages to kill a dragon with flawless precision. At the very least I would have expected Dany to see the ships in the horizon as she’s on a dragon - it’s not much of an ask. 

I’m currently reading the books again btw on AFFC atm. 

4 for me, I liked the 3 first episodes, but not this one.

+ : The beginning (specially the Starks pin for Theon), Sandor's scenes with the sisters, fiercest "Dracarys" ever by Missandei, Lord Gendry

- : Too many teleportations once again, dragons unable to fly high enough to spot an ennemy fleet, Cersei not wiping the small Dany troop at the end, no one wondering how a young women was able to kill the NK, Jaime leaving (whatever he really wants ro do), Bronn scene; lack of subtility showing Dany is changing.

10 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

She was awful in the show.  I didn't think much of her in the books, but they ruined her in the show.

I found book Cat kind of mean and heartless and show Cat much nicer. Show Cat was maternal to a fault though. Perhaps it is because I have both a mother and wife that are maternal to faults that I can see the character clearly for what it is.

I gave it a 8, because I didn't love absolutely every decision they made, but that was an excellent episode and I really enjoyed it. Huge bounce back after last week. Amazed so many people didn't like this, can't help but feel it isn't adhering to a lot of headcanon.

What I liked:

- The drama and conflict caused by the truth of Jon's parentage. This really works, on every level. Dany begging him to keep it a secret, Jon unwilling to lie to his family, Sansa seeing the opportunity to undermine Dany, Varys seeing the value in an alternative to Dany. It all worked really well.

- Mad Dany. She's obviously not gone 100% mad, and I'll sure she'll have redeeming moments before the season ends. But I'm really glad they're reminding us she has a complicated relationship with power even at this late stage.

- Arya rejecting Gendry. Very in character, unlike a lot of what they've done with her over the last few years.

- Jamie. I feel like I interpreted this differently to a lot of people. Isn't he going south to kill her? That's what it seemed like to me.

- Rhaegal's death. I'll concede there are definitely conveniences here, but that's nothing new for the show, and it really did shock me so I've got to give them credit for that.

- Bronn. I still think he should have been killed off some time ago, but I ain't even mad.

What I wasn't wild about:

- Jon leaving Ghost behind. I get this is a metaphor for giving up his northern identity, but it didn't work for me.

- Cersie not killing Tyrion. I don't get this at all? Why does she continue to spare him for seemingly no reason?

- Jon not mentioning the incest. I liked that it was unsaid before, but I felt like it needed to be said this time. Also it would have emphasised how far apart Jon and Dany are on why his parentage bothers them.

After feeling like I didn't care at all what happens after last week, this episode has got me excited again, so I have to say well done for that.

42 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

She's been an absolute deadpan robot with little to no emotion for years...

10 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Yes, because she is one of the original cast members.

And only Missendei will ever know what she meant by that.  Whether she meant kill everyone or whether it was a throwback to when she was freed.

Podrick is one of the original cast members.  Are you on the edge of your seat to see what happens to him?

5 minutes ago, valgrel said:

Too many teleportations once again, dragons unable to fly high enough to spot an ennemy fleet,

Or high enough to fly out of of range. 

Or maybe use said dragons to scout?

It's ridiculous. 

Are there any worthy candidates for the throne left? 

She's not one.