[Poll] How would you rate episode 804?

How would you rate episode 804?   

382 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

I gave it a 7.  It has some good stuff and it had some bad stuff, but that is par for the course now.  I know that they are rushed to finish as this point so plot and exposition are going to suffer to some degree, but I'm willing to cut a little slack from all the equity they have built up with me over the years.  I'm assuming next week will be another big battle with more character deaths, then it all ends on whatever "bittersweet" note they have decided on (my guess is Jon sits on the throne out of a sense of duty, although he never wanted it, and Dani gives her life - and Drogon's - in a selfless act that turns the tide of the battle).  At least we have a kick ass behind the scenes doc to look forward to the following week.

7 minutes ago, Astrotherapist said:

I sincerely hope that this was the worst episode of this season <GULP!> :unsure:

I called it a few days ago, when I told my roomie that "I expect the next episode to be the worst in the season".
I was right, but sadly not at all the way I expected...

I gave this episode a 1. First 1 ever.
This whole episode is a huge disservice to the franchise as a whole. 
I enjoyed most of the feast, but then the glaring plotholes, butchered character arcs and forced/shitty writing became all more apparent. 
For the first time ever after watching an episode of GoT, I felt hollow. 

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

I called it a few days ago, when I told my roomie that "I expect the next episode to be the worst in the season".
I was right, but sadly not at all the way I expected...

I gave this episode a 1. First 1 ever.
This whole episode is a huge disservice to the franchise as a whole. 
I enjoyed most of the feast, but then the glaring plotholes, butchered character arcs and forced/shitty writing became all more apparent. 
For the first time ever after watching an episode of GoT, I felt hollow. 

Well the show still succeeds in entertaining me, even if that's been reduced to more primitive levels, like colors and flashing lights.  

First episode in I don't know how long that felt back to its original best, plotting.. good use of the intelligent characters who for a long time have been nothing more than background or of no use to the storyline.

Enjoyed every scene with Tyrion and Varys, can see Dany's downfall coming... such a meltdown to see how unloved she is in Westero's and alone and how loved Jon is.

Maybe Dany would had been better to just rule Essos... 

Shame about missy, liked her a lot and I suppose she was the most unimportant character they could kill off to further Dany's decent into chaos.

Sansa is getting more and more conniving like LF/Cersei and Arya becoming a lone wolf again.

9/10

16 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Jesus, looking at the ratings and reading the reviews, I don’t know why some of you even bother to watch. Gluttons for punishment, I guess. I loved it. It’s OK that it’s not a Shakespearean tragedy for me. Or true to GRRM gospel. It’s great entertainment. I would challenge the critics to find something better to watch. And let me know what it is. I really do want to know. I’m always looking for a good show. 

For me, but tastes vary (all within the past year or still going):

Better Call Saul

Legion (it is VERY weird, though)

Daredevil (cancelled)

Happy

Barry

Westworld (though many similar problems)

I stuck with more (or less) serious choices.  Several good comedies out there, too.

I forgot to say.  

W T F... Jon having a better claim has NOTHING to do with his genitalia.   Why are they trying to make this some sort of relevance to current social issues?  Jon has a better claim because his father was next in line.  Jon's penis-challenged sister would have a better claim the Viserys (Dany's penis equipped brother).  Why was that a point in the discussion?

The only right Dany has to the throne is by right of conquest.  There is no gray area at this point...

4 minutes ago, legba11 said:

For me, but tastes vary (all within the past year or still going):

Better Call Saul

Legion (it is VERY weird, though)

Daredevil (cancelled)

Happy

Barry

Westworld (though many similar problems)

I stuck with more (or less) serious choices.  Several good comedies out there, too.

I appreciate the recommendations. I’ve seen a few and definitely prefer GOT over them, but I guess we all have different tastes. I really like Better Call Saul, but I would rate it a solid 7, and I’d never imagine getting on a message board to discuss it with other fans. Westworld’s first season was great, but I never finished watching season two. I was bored with China and safari world. And I wanted to like Daredevil, but there was just too many things going on. It seemed to lack focus. I’ll make sure to check out the rest. Thanks again.

Season 2 of DD was a mess.  Season 3 was terrific, the best season of any of the Marvel Netflix shows.  It was a small scale version of what GOT wants to be (and lost several seasons ago IMO), morally complicated, great spectacle (on a MUCH smaller scale), strong character work.

19 hours ago, UnViserion said:

As a dog owner I’m taking massive points away for Jon completely blowing off Ghost.

As someone who never had a pet in his life....I feel the same. F D&D. Seriously. They're intentionally trying to piss off the fans. The worst part is that they keep teasing us by showing Ghost all of a sudden a few times then cutting away, totally disregarding him. At least don't let us get our hopes up. I hate D&D soooooo much. I don't give a rats ass about Sam, the coward. I wanted that moment with Ghost :(. Jon and Ghost have such a great connection and D&D  have done such a wonderful job of ruining that, as they did with many other things as well.

I actually really liked it. 9/10.

The beginning gave the characters room to breathe before the next big battle. Sure from the previous trailer it gave the impression of more but I liked what I saw. I liked the strategizing sessions. I'm worried about Dany now however. I have mixed feelings on Jon as king as well.

I liked Brienne and Jaime. It was sad seeing him leave but....well it's Jaime's twisted idea of loyalty though.

I want to see Sandor and Arya to kill Gregor & Cersei respectively. O think that was set up well.

I am so wanting to see Euron killed! You just know Yara's gonna bring the cavalry in take him out.

At this point I'm not shocked by deaths but still was saddened by Missandei's death.

BTW now you know who not to tell a secret to.

I liked them killing the dragon like that, first thing this series that has really made me go "oh, shit!", after last week was only unpredictable in how predictable it was. Although they should have killed Drogon instead, because that would have made for more conflict between Dany and Jon, with Rhaegal being her child but the dragon he rode. I guess indestructible Jon choosing not to ride it should have been a good hint. Though I didn't understand why Tyrion jumped in the water. 

Jaime/Brienne was alright, so clearly fan servicing though. I'm pretty sure he's going to try and kill Cersei, not get back with her. But then we're going to get more fan service with Sandor/Gregor... I guess it's just really jarring because it's pretty much the opposite to how GRRM writes.  

Ghost being left was horrible, but then they've already ruined his character, him suddenly being with Jon all the time would have been just as weird. 

Tormund was great as always, good on him for surviving I guess. 

Like Maisie Williams, I'm still not totally convinced by Sophie Turner. I liked her talking with The Hound, but when she is trying to act tough with Dany in the meeting, it looks laughable to me. 

Dany/Jon rivalry is a decent way to go from the point they were at. Though I don't really think much of Varys anymore, despite Conleth Hill's incredible performance. Tyrion is right, this whole "serve the realm" stuff is very abstract and doesn't really explain all his plotting.

Cersei totally should have killed Tyrion there. Why not? Apparantly she really wants him dead. They ruin a lot of the villain credentials they build up on her by making her repeatedly back down. Last series she threatened to kill Tyrion, then didn't. Then she threatened to kill Jaime, then didn't. Now she threatened Tyrion again... he was right there! Fucking kill him! Game changer! Only two episodes left! 

Instead she kills Missandri, which was well shot, but why kill someone she has no connection to instead of someone she's apparently desperate to kill? I really thought the main character's plot armour would be off by now. 

See I gave an eight but that's a lot of negatives. I try and enjoy the show for what it is and basically turn off my brain. 

Late to the party...or more like funeral.

I was expecting an awful episode, kept expectations very very low, wanted to like it. I really did. I can't rate it higher than 3/10. I really can't.

- D&D not even giving 1 decent moment between Jon and Ghost. F those 2. That was the only part where I truly raged.

- I always felt that Dany had a dark side to her, even if she is inherently a good person. Her change though, NOT EARNED. Too sudden, too out of character. If you want the transition to mad queen Dany, you can't just do that in 1 episode after 8 seasons of build up. It didn't feel earned to me. Dany isn't Cersei....never has been. She would make a bad ruler yeah, she is ignorant yeah. She is childlike almost in how she thinks and acts. BUT....she was never cunning, plotting. That's not her. When she was plotting right after they burned the bodies and she was fake smiling, setting up Gendry as lord, I just laughed at the absurd nature of how they have ruined Dany as a character. It's hard for me to believe that when she has never shown those qualities. 

- So Jon is not ok with incest. Called it. But the way Dany has behaved, and even Jon in that scene was so cringe. It's like two teenage kids begging haha. They simply could have copy pasted Aragorn-Eowyn scene. Would have been a million times better. When Jon started kissing Dany I was like ''oh ok guess he IS ok with incest, then a minute later he stops and suddenly ISN'T ok with incest lol). Such a cliche thing in movies haha. Either don't kiss her in the first place if you aren't ok, or go all the way.

- I liked the Jamie scene, He summed up the awful things he did for her and that HE is finally, hateful just like her, towards her. Indicating that HE is the one going to kill her. One way or the other.

- I laughed when they were burning the bodies lol. Sorry. I didn't feel it was earned. Jons speech, I thought was bad. 

- I really hated when they were all joyful and laughing and drinking, after they burned so many dead. And with another great war still lurking. I don't mind if they were happy, somewhat. But acting like they are on their prom lol.  I wanted the dialogue to have some more weight to it. I liked the Hound scene most, it felt real. The Sansa moment with him was nice as well. Everything else felt so....out of place and again....not sincere.

- Cutting off when Bran was about to tell Sansa and Arya Jons secret ? REALLY ? REALLY ? We didn't even see the aftermath of that from their perspective. Only Sansa, Sophie Turner, did a great job selling that secret. But she was supposed to keep it a secret, promised, and told the first person she met. WTF ???  And Arya is such a disappointment of a chracter. Robotic, boring, cliche.

- When Rhaegal was shot down lol, so unrealistic. First they shoot him 3 times and all shots were perfect hits.  You know how impossible it is to hit a flailing target sidways in the head from that distance, on sea, from that big of a crossbow ? But they hit all their shots. AND THEN...when Drogon was storming towards all the ships in a straight line and they all shot like a dozen of those arrows, all of them missed Drogon lol. Come on, at least be consistent with the impossible.

- The Euron Cersei scenes were awful, as always. I really can't stand Cersei. Not as a villain but as a character. Missed opportunity there. Lena Headey is a terrific actress. Shame.

- So...Cersei wants to kill Tyrion and Jamie, hires someone to kill them for him. Then Tyrion walks up to Cersei at KL and she decides to let him live ? WHAT ? I mean come on show...at least be consistent with your characters. Also...I'm fairly certain Cersei isn't pregnant. They gave that away, so obvious.

- My biggest issue though...is when D&D write a scene and a character, they think in the moment. They don't seem to think ''ok how would current Jamie, Jon, Dany, Sansa behave in this scene ? Would the dialogue be in character ?''. So incoherent and a main reason why I do not care about any character really. I feel detached from every character I have loved. It's the result of awful and inconsistent writing.

18 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Jesus, looking at the ratings and reading the reviews, I don’t know why some of you even bother to watch. Gluttons for punishment, I guess. I loved it. It’s OK that it’s not a Shakespearean tragedy for me. Or true to GRRM gospel. It’s great entertainment. I would challenge the critics to find something better to watch. And let me know what it is. I really do want to know. I’m always looking for a good show. 

Some people just want to complain. I'm sure they are much better at making shows than this one is. Their shows would be flawless and have even more of a fan base.

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Wonder if this is with the lowest rated episodes on this forum. I compiled all the ratings from all the seasons & averaged them out here on the forums a year or 2 back but I can't find it anymore :dunno:

It is close, but it is not the lowest, there is only 5 episodes with an average score lower than 6:
S06E08    5.38
S05E06    5.40
S06E01    5.60
S08E04    5.65
S07E06    5.71

Oddly enough there is also only 5 episodes with an average score higher than 9:
S02E09    9.53
S03E09    9.25
S03E04    9.23
S01E10    9.14
S01E08    9.03

6 or a 7. Not a bad episode, but not the best. Really liked the beginning, which hit me right in the feels. There were a few other great moments too, and a few surprises.

I just didn't like the script this episode for Daenerys much, and a few other bits. A lot feels rushed, but still damn good TV. 

About lost it when Rhaegal died. But I do agree with Gianna...the first three hitting dead on, then about 47 of them missing Drogon a bit later...kind of ridiculous. I guess the argument could me he was just frolicking through the wind on a joyride, and Drogon was aware, and performing combat maneuvers. :)