[Poll] How would you rate episode 804?

How would you rate episode 804?   

382 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

30 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

No, they didn't. It was going int his direction for years, only some hardcore fanboys of Daenerys didn't want to see it. It has been discussed here since years.

At least it was very clear in s7 that danny came to westeros as a hero. She had several kingdoms support, she didn t just burn KL and then they joined her with jon.

And in this ep she is willing to do anything to kill cersei, nobody knows how is her relationship with jon and her supporters think she won t be a great queen.

It is just too much

2 minutes ago, divica said:

And in this ep she is willing to do anything to kill cersei, nobody knows how is her relationship with jon and her supporters think she won t be a great queen.

She was willing to do everything against Cersei when she arrived in Westeros. Tyrion had to talk her out off it.

Now she is unstable because of witnessing Missandei's beheading and snaps. Rage, fury, anger and grief mixing up to blindly attacking King's Landing and not minding any damage anymore. That is my expectation and it would be utterly believable and understandable.

She wasn't a great queen in Meeren, too. Nor in Yunkai.

She was always portayed as good for change but not for stability and ruling with patience.

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

She was willing to do everything against Cersei when she arrived in Westeros. Tyrion had to talk her out off it.

Now she is unstable because of witnessing Missandei's beheading and snaps. Rage, fury, anger and grief mixing up to blindly attacking King's Landing and not minding any damage anymore. That is my expectation and it would be utterly believable and understandable.

She wasn't a great queen in Meeren, too. Nor in Yunkai.

She was always portayed as good for change but not for stability and ruling with patience.

If you are saying that she is willing to kill inocents as long as it grants her victory and cersei's death I agree. I would even say that people should be able to understand why she would do it and end up accepting her as queen.

The leaks that exist aren t that nice...

6 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

More like:

Ellaria/Yara/Olenna: Hit King's Landing, and hit it hard, bring the dragons too.
Tyrion: No, don't do it.
Daenerys: Nope, not gonna do it.

Daenerys had no personal vendetta against Cersei when she arrived in S7. She does now. 

21 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

But back then it was the most logical thing to do, the best thing she could have been done. Tyrion's advice was wrong, she was not thinking in burning the city, but to go against the Red Keep, which was a very acceptable military target. How is that different from what Tyrion did burning Stannis fleet with wild fire?  Back then the Red Keep  wasn't full of human shields, like it's now. Had she done that, it would have saved countless lives. 

36 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

But back then it was the most logical thing to do, the best thing she could have been done. Tyrion's advice was wrong, she was not thinking in burning the city, but to go against the Red Keep, which was a very acceptable military target. How is that different from what Tyrion did burning Stannis fleet with wild fire?  Back then the Red Keep  wasn't full of human shields, like it's now. Had she done that, it would have saved countless lives. 

Exactly.  The correct strategy was to surround KL, blockade the city, roll up with your dragons [no has a balistae at that point, either, so no way to counter it], your Dothraki screamers, your unsullied army and your Greyjoy fleet, Dorne army also...and tell them to send out Cersei, the mad queen who killed her husband, blew up the Vatican, killed the rightful Queen Marg Boleyn, caused her own son's suicide and oh yeah, has been committing incest for years.  She wouldn't have lasted a month.

In order to not have this happen....the show would have needed some very skillfull plotting, instead, they simply had Dany's advisors give  her bad advice that was obviously bad, and then, just as obviously, bad things happened, and the same thing is still happening, all to weaken Dany so this final battle is supposed to be ?interesting? ?compelling?  But, it all failed, because no one ever believed or believes Cersei will win this battle, so destroying all these characters intellect and stories was still for nothing.

RANT OVER.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Exactly.  The correct strategy was to surround KL, blockade the city, roll up with your dragons [no has a balistae at that point, either, so no way to counter it], your Dothraki screamers, your unsullied army and your Greyjoy fleet, Dorne army also...and tell them to send out Cersei, the mad queen who killed her husband, blew up the Vatican, killed the rightful Queen Marg Boleyn, caused her own son's suicide and oh yeah, has been committing incest for years.  She wouldn't have lasted a month.

In order to not have this happen....the show would have needed some very skillfull plotting, instead, they simply had Dany's advisors give  her bad advice that was obviously bad, and then, just as obviously, bad things happened, and the same thing is still happening, all to weaken Dany so this final battle is supposed to be ?interesting? ?compelling?  But, it all failed, because no one ever believed or believes Cersei will win this battle, so destroying all these characters intellect and stories was still for nothing.

RANT OVER.

It is funny that if they had faegon in cersei's place many people would be unsure about who would the battle...

IMDB rating now down to 6,6 and the average rating among forum users here in this thread is 5,2.
My feed is drowning in reviews or comments about how GoT is all but ruined at this point.

I wonder if we'll ever get any response from D&D (because the current level of criticism regarding the show is unlike anything I've ever seen) or if they'll just stay away from the internet until the last episode airs, and then they'll stay away some more...

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

IMDB rating now down to 6,6 and the average rating among forum users here in this thread is 5,2.
My feed is drowning in reviews or comments about how GoT is all but ruined at this point.

I wonder if we'll ever get any response from D&D (because the current level of criticism regarding the show is unlike anything I've ever seen) or if they'll just stay away from the internet until the last episode airs, and then they'll stay away some more... 

If the leaks prove to be true then the show is done. The question is if D&D are also done or if they will get away with doing this shit season...

1 hour ago, divica said:

If the leaks prove to be true then the show is done. The question is if D&D are also done or if they will get away with doing this shit season...

I've avoided the lastest leaks in benefit of my peace of mind; I've read some comments here that point to them being terrible.

I don't thing they can get away with doing this shit season, it were two years of waiting, a big budget for a tv show, and a lot of hype. The show's audience is so huge now, that this won't just fade away.  To be fair, I believe that this derailment is not 100% on them, both HBO and GRRM have their fair share. But the  arrogance and blindness they exhibit in the interviews, added to their scarce talent, will make them the target of the majority of the backlash.

3 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I'd guess they will pat themselves on the back like they always do, and say it was risky choice but it was true to the show's sensibilities.  

It was by far the worst damn episode I have ever watched for game of thrones, which is sad because they could have drastically improved it with at most 5 to 10 minutes of screen time and changing the story to make more sense. For example:

1. Why didn't Jon pet the damn dog.

2. Why did they cut away every time Jon's parentage was revealed. I think this alone would have made the story much better.

3. Little things like the Starbucks cup should never have made it in.

4. And what really dunked the whole episode was Euron shooting a dragon from behind a mountain and how the Daeny and the dragons never saw the ships before. I think it would have played better if Daeny had seen the ships first and then used the dragons to attack the ships and one of the dragons being killed in the process.

5. Lastly Daeny teleported to kings landing with around 50 troops. Doh and to think that Cersei never once thought about opening the gate to have 20,000 golden company troops to massacre Daeny and the remaining unsullied. This scene would have made much better sense if it was shown when her whole army reached the city as in next episode.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:45 PM, Rhollo said:

Good points but even if Bran proved his abilities beyond a doubt, people who just don't want Jon as king could still make a pretty good case that Bran is simply lying about Jons parentage to put his brother on the throne. And iirc the diary from the citadel only mentions a wedding (which should also be heavily questioned as illegal) between Rhaegar and Lyanna, not that they had a child.

Hate to pull you up on this one, the Citadel had proof of the annulment of Rhaegar's marriage prior to Lyanna, not of their secret wedding .

21 hours ago, divica said:

They had a new job as over a year ago (announced 02 - 2018), with Disney, for Star Wars.

These are huge jobs, just as GOT was.  They immediately took their focus away from GOT, one thinks -- also, one thinks, that by February last year, they were more than sick of GOT.  It served its purpose to get them what they really wanted.

Like with Sauron turning his focus from his armies to the Ring and the Mountain of Doom, and the Night King going shatter, and the armies going poof -- so went Season 8.

It recalls what happened to Buffy after Joss turned away to do his new series.  He didn't give that single helm attention to either of the series, and it showed.  Fortunately for Buffy, the core writing, production and acting team were so good they managed without him, and managed really well, I thought (being one of the few who actually likes season 6, a lot! -- except for the sex bots -- way too much sex bot on Buffy). 

That said, They had written themselves into so many corners and fails already, before season 8.

Edited by Zorral

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

They had a new job as over a year ago (announced 02 - 2018), with Disney, for Star Wars.

I'll admit I haven't seen any of the new generation of the Star Wars franchise, but from what I recall they tend to have quite 2D characters who are basically goodies and baddies (and Disney is even more inclined to create that kind of characterisation). They are also very dependent on whizz-bang CGI effects. In short, this is probably the right vehicle for D&D's "talents". So long as they stay well away from any GoT spin-offs it sounds like a win-win to me.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, divica said:

If you are saying that she is willing to kill inocents as long as it grants her victory and cersei's death I agree. I would even say that people should be able to understand why she would do it and end up accepting her as queen.

The leaks that exist aren t that nice...

Please stop posting references to leaks, especially in this context. If you have to keep doing it at least use the spoiler tags that are provided.

I enjoyed it, I think scores of 1 and 2 are ridiculous to be honest. 

I understand people being miffed with how quickly Danny got to KL but in Season 1 which was run at a snails pace compared to this one that surely was in part to get the audience acquainted with the characters. We don't need that now. I would have liked to have seen Sansa and Arya's response to Jon's parentage but on the other hand we've already seen that news been given twice already. So not really fussed.

I gave it a 7, my only issue with the show as it draws to it's conclusion is that it feels a bit rushed. Imo there's another five or six hours they could have got in easy.  

5 hours ago, Zuzu Bolin said:

I enjoyed it, I think scores of 1 and 2 are ridiculous to be honest. 

I understand people being miffed with how quickly Danny got to KL but in Season 1 which was run at a snails pace compared to this one that surely was in part to get the audience acquainted with the characters. We don't need that now. I would have liked to have seen Sansa and Arya's response to Jon's parentage but on the other hand we've already seen that news been given twice already. So not really fussed.

I gave it a 7, my only issue with the show as it draws to it's conclusion is that it feels a bit rushed. Imo there's another five or six hours they could have got in easy.  

I think scores above 1 are ridiculous.