[Poll] How would you rate episode 804?

How would you rate episode 804?   

382 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

3 hours ago, Fez said:

A 6 for now. The big variable is whether D&D are doing a poor attempt at misdirection with Jaime and he's going to go kill Cersei or if they are throwing away his character arc. If it's the former, the episode is a 9 (still -1 for some minor complaints) if it's the later, it's a 3 because that's a really terrible move. So I'm splitting the difference for now.

I suspect that he’s going back to save her but will find her doing something so terrible he has to kill her. He’s conflicted but he’s grown enough to not go along with her killing a bunch of innocent people. 

8. I was so angry Jon gave Ghost away. I told my hubby I didn't even care If he ended up dying anymore. Then we get the Dany "mad queen" set up and I know I have to root for him again, but I just don't want to!

Everything was either satisfying because it sets some things up I have thought will happen, or took me by surprise which is also good.

I love that Sansa finally spoke to Sandor, he looked pleased with her when she told him she gave Ramsey to hounds. I decided if that's the closest to SanSan I'll ok wth it. I hope Sansa is quite so cold in the books though, I love book sansa and I feel like show sansa is a rollercoaster of I love, hate or tolerate her.

I gave it a 7, though tilting to a 6.

Dany the Mad is heavy handedly foreshadowed. I liked it better than I feared it would pan out. Varys was more on point after several episodes of staring and glaring.

But the thing is clearly rushing towards the end and conclusions were taken out of nowhere to advance the plot.

And then that off handed remark about Dorne...almost insulting. I don't expect Dorne to show up, perhaps a Deus ex machina. Now that I think about it, that's D&D right there.

The funeral was the best part of the episode and there were some more arcs closed like that of the Freefolk.

The show is reducing characters to stupidity. For everything that she was and has been, whether she is going to be the mad queen or not, Dany has been reduced to a caricature. Her marching on KL with a handful of Unsullied is stupid and not in keeping with her character arc.

And then we have Cersei, known to not give a f@&k, has just a few unsullied to destroy and the oppertunity to now blow them apart from higher ground - and she doesnt? 

Nothing in this show makes any sense. 

Euron finally did something useful - which makes him now equal to the NK in the emotional stakes. If you dislike the stupid fricken dragons, like me, then that makes Euron worth 1 point.

Why is it still winter?

And what are these Dothraki that Varys speaks of, wasn't their entire race wiped out last episode? It's almost like Varys has been asleep for half a season and now has woken up like 5 episodes behind everyone else.

Jamie leaving Brienne was cool, I 'll give it a point for that. Brienne should have went with Tormund, the dude who genuinely liked her and not the dude who was using her to try and reconcile his own soul.  I get she is emotionally innocent and didn't know better but still, good to see the show still throws some vague emotional punches, after how pissweak it has become of late.

If this was Survivor, Cersie should win. But it is still one of the later, bad seasons of Survivor.

2/10

5 hours ago, Fez said:

A 6 for now. The big variable is whether D&D are doing a poor attempt at misdirection with Jaime and he's going to go kill Cersei or if they are throwing away his character arc. If it's the former, the episode is a 9 (still -1 for some minor complaints) if it's the later, it's a 3 because that's a really terrible move. So I'm splitting the difference for now.

To the bolded portion it is most certainly the latter.  If he was going to kill Cersei he wouldn’t have any reason to lie to Brienne when questioned.  Unless it was Bran warging Jaime or something.  

Yet another instance of epic fantasy series being clunky as hell to tie up. Where as a few seasons ago heroes acting dumb like Cat releasing Jaime, Robb nobbing the wrong person and Ned warning Cersei was seen as building a great story now its feels like its just driving the story to its end. 

It is what it is, I was happy to give it a 7, Cersei pulling a Ramsey Snow to draw someone into a battle on emotions rather than waiting, I thought was very true to the show. But I can see some really did not like it. Nice to see Varys actually back on form too. 

I wonder if any betting shop is taking odds on Arya doing in Daenereys. I can really seeing that being a GRRM way to end the show. 

Fuck, I thought last episode was the lowest it could get but here is D&D once again to prove me wrong. I am so glad I read those spoilers beforehand. 

I'm still angry about the way Ghost was treated and how Rhaegal went out like a bitch, but I can't find the will to care about any of the rest. Of course Dany goes Mad Queen at the flip of a switch. Of course Sansa breaks her word and starts scheming behind everyones back. Of course Jaime is still obsessed with Cersei. Of course the bas guys win because the good guys forget everything and act like complete morons. Of course Missendei's final wish is for Dany to burn thousands of innocent people for revenge.

I just can't with this show anymore. Thank God there are only two episodes left. The only reason I'm still watching is so I can watch Euron and Cersei die, but knowing D&D I'm sure they'll try to make it as tragic and sympathetic as possible.

GRRM really screwed the pooch when he handed them the keys to the seven kingdoms.

2/10, for Jaime and Brienne finally getting it on.

Edited by Elayis

6 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

That was fucked up. Say bye to Gilly but not your wolf?? Your wolf fought for you and everyone else. 

Yes!
I will forgive Jon every singe mistake he made in the whole series - but NOT this!
I was soo satisfied as Euron shot down his new pet, I hope Ghost will piss at his boots if he everer dares to come back north...

5 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I liked Arya & the Hound taking off together but I wonder why Arya doesn't plan on coming back? I assume the Hound is going to kill his brother & assumes he won't live through it. I assume Arya is going to kill Cersei but I don't see any reason for her to believe she won't live through it? Only time will tell I suppose. 

Well, she did not say she don't expect to survive, she just said she did not plan to go back!
Like she told Gendry - she will never be a lady, and so she does not belong to a castle. Not even to her home Winterfell...

6 hours ago, ummester said:

I haven't seen it yet - thought I'd check the scores first. 25% give it 1/10 - seems to have turned form to divisive to disliked. I'm afraid to watch it now.

If you have survived seeing E3 - what are you afraid of...???

Strorytelling is poor as always, but it's less dull than killing undead zombies a whole episode - so I liked it better then last one. Even if there were several "OMG, how can anybody write SUCH a crap"-moments...

Last episode I rated zero, so this one is 1 for taking out Jon's new pet. Surprising how easy they are to kill...

Edited by The Chequered Raven
spelling, as always...

3 minutes ago, The Chequered Raven said:

If you have survived seeing E3 - what are you afraid of...???

Strorytelling is poor as always, but it's less dull than killing undead zombies a whole episode - so I liked it better then last one. Even if there were several "OMG, how can anybody write SUCH a crap"-moments...

Last episode I rated zero, so this one is 1 for taking out Jon's new pet. Surprising how easy they are to kill...

I did endure it - also rated it 1 higher than the last episode. Was bad but not as bad.

1 hour ago, ferrelhadley said:

Yet another instance of epic fantasy series being clunky as hell to tie up. Where as a few seasons ago heroes acting dumb like Cat releasing Jaime, Robb nobbing the wrong person and Ned warning Cersei was seen as building a great story now its feels like its just driving the story to its end. 

Those failings were all consistent with the characterizations, so they never felt hollow, like now.

7 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

That was fucked up. Say bye to Gilly but not your wolf?? Your wolf fought for you and everyone else. 

Saying goodbye to Gilly doesn't cost thousands of pounds in production.

They really screwed up the Direwolves in the show, especially Ghost.  I doubt Ghost will be alive in the books by this stage so they should have killed him off earlier.

6 minutes ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

One of the worst I’ve seen so it’s only gotten worse. The manner in which things happened was ridiculous, more of that lazy ‘surprise’ factor from David Benioff and Dan Weiss. 

Sadly they've ripped that straight out of the books, which have also become extremely lazy in surprises.  Both author and show runners have been living off that Eddard moment for years.

31 minutes ago, ummester said:

Those failings were all consistent with the characterizations, so they never felt hollow, like now.

If you had never read the books, you'd be saying something different.  They were consistent with the characters because we all knew the characters due to countless re-reads and it being far easier to demonstrate thoughts in a book than a show.