Jump to content
Ran

[Poll] How would you rate episode 804?

How would you rate episode 804?   

375 members have voted

  1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

    • 1
      74
    • 2
      24
    • 3
      33
    • 4
      29
    • 5
      30
    • 6
      32
    • 7
      52
    • 8
      48
    • 9
      31
    • 10
      22


Recommended Posts

Gave it a 7 for a few reasons.

Jaime / Brienne, felt ok, I mean this has been getting set up for years now so it's not a surprise. I do not think he is heading to save Cersei. Maybe he initially tries to reason w her and then becomes the Queen slayer. Will be a test of his acting skills to see how he reacts to Euron saying it's his child.

The family reunion. I liked and disliked it. They finally got together as a family to have a talk and the biggest item and reactions were left to our imagination. Never tell Sansa anything.   Arya, the obvious target is Cersei, but Dany may be the real or secondary target. Her leaving WF and getting to the action makes perfect sense and maybe she told Sansa her plans, maybe not.

Didn't care for the Bronn scene, even though it is understandable. He has been fighting for them for years and not getting what he was promised. Although at this point you would think he would learn and just steal all he can and leave.

I liked the dinner scene, it showed a somber mood at first that was lifted when Gendry was named Lord of Storms End. Then the clear scheming between Dany/Tyrion/Sansa. Do we assume Sam is heading for Horn Hill as it's lord? Would have liked a sentence from Jon mentioning that. Not going to mention Jons lack of a farewell to Ghost. To me that was the biggest negative of this episode. Do us some fan service and throw the dog a bone FFS.

I did like that they killed a dragon, I did not expect that at all, expected very little to happen this episode and instead we see Dany taking a few more large hits. I also thought they should have killed Tyrion right then, it would have made sense based on Cersei's character. Or even have Euron step up and do it himself and see Cersei react to it.

So volonqar(sp?), Clegane bowl, and younger more beautiful princess are all still in play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I also thought they should have killed Tyrion right then, it would have made sense based on Cersei's character. Or even have Euron step up and do it himself and see Cersei react to it.

I hear you. That actually has me worried he's somehow betrayed Jon and Daenerys. I see no reason for Cersei not to kill him...after all she just murdered someone else important to Daenerys, so why not Tyrion? Something fishy about that, or it could just be the writing. I did think for one moment the show might end with an arrow-riddled Tyrion. Or just go black when the arrows hit, like they tend to do when Tyrion gets struck by anything. Then show his body first thing next episode before all hell breaks loose. Guess that's just my imagination going wild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Stark said:

I hear you. That actually has me worried he's somehow betrayed Jon and Daenerys. I see no reason for Cersei not to kill him...after all she just murdered someone else important to Daenerys, so why not Tyrion? Something fishy about that, or it could just be the writing. I did think for one moment the show might end with an arrow-riddled Tyrion. Or just go black when the arrows hit, like they tend to do when Tyrion gets struck by anything. Then show his body first thing next episode before all hell breaks loose. Guess that's just my imagination going wild. 

I don't think he betrayed Dany, otherwise he wouldn't be so adamant that Varys not do anything. Also, Bronn was sent to kill him, not gonna kill him if he is your inside man.

I do firmly believe it would have been better if she had him killed there, or at least Rickon 2.0 with Tyrion being smart enough to zig zag.

Also, if I am Cersei I have the closest scorpion try one shot out at Drogon, hey, maybe you get lucky at that distance, same for Dany, maybe your archers get lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Heartbreaking and suspenseful.  Best episode of this season so far.    I cried when Rheagal was shot down, Jamie left Brienne, and for Grey Worm when Missandei was executed.  

That sums up most of it for me. I really didn't know what to expect from this episode, for the most part.

I really liked how it started with Jorah on the funeral pyre, and then Sansa crying over Theon.

Some hard farewells. No more Tormund. :frown5:  Jon did what was best for Ghost and maybe saying goodbye to him would have caused Ghost to follow him. Better to ignore him. Kind of like Arya throwing a rock at Nymeria to make her run off. But I cried.

The goodbye that shocked me was Sam. What???? We're not going to see any more of Sam????????? Is he going back to the Citadel? He and Gilly are having a baby YAY! So can he even be a maester anymore? Are he and Gilly ever going to get married? I'm going to miss Gilly to, for that matter.

I'm pissed off at Sansa for telling Jon's secret. But I'm even more pissed off at Tyrion for telling Varys! He still wants Dany to be queen, so why would he tell? And what is with him having so much faith in both Cersei and Dany? He doesn't believe Cersei isn't a monster? And it's an advisor's job to worry about his monarch's state of mind? Does anyone else feel like he just doesn't want to admit he was wrong?

I was surprised when Jaime stayed at WF with Brienne. We knew he had to leave at some point. Why did they have to have him break Brienne's heart in the process? And after we saw her laughing and having fun for the first time ever.  :angry:

Speaking of broken hearts, poor Gendry!! Tormund's broken heart seemed to mend quickly. :rolleyes:

Is Pod going to have any actual speaking lines this season? Or is he just going to smile and sing?

I was very shocked when Rhaegal was shot down. Since he made it through the battle last season, I thought he might make it to the next battle. That ambush was a total shocker period. I thought that was very well done.

I loved it when Sansa put her hand on Sandor's. I wonder how long it's been since anyone has shown him tenderness.

Did Jon wink at Dany when the men were all around him and joking? My, but he looks nice when he winks!

I don't like the wedge D&D are driving between Jon and Sansa.

Arya and Sandor travelling buddies again. Nice. But what's this about Arya not planning on going back home???

Oh, and Dany "Are you drunk?" Jon, "No. <stumbles> Well, only a little." :D LOL!

22 hours ago, xander_blackfyre said:

If you are a world class assassin you don't go around telling anyone who your targets are especially not the people closet to you.  The less they know the better. 

An assassin who tells others his/her plans will not be an assassin for long.

Edited by SansaJonRule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Didn't care for the Bronn scene, even though it is understandable

Me either. I know Bronn is out for himself, but he was just such an asshole. Guess he's fed up.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I also thought they should have killed Tyrion right then, it would have made sense based on Cersei's character.

Cersei never been able to bring herself to kill Tyrion. It's one thing to command someone to do it during a battle, it's another to have it done right in front of her eyes. She threatened Jaime and couldn't have him killed either.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

So volonqar

Volonguar prophecy is not in the show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TyrionFan82 said:

I liked Brienne and Jaime. It was sad seeing him leave but....well it's Jaime's twisted idea of loyalty though.

I'm not sure about that. Something tells me that's what we're supposed to think. Although if that does turn out to be the case and his redemption arc was all for naught, I'm gonna be pissed.

2 hours ago, TyrionFan82 said:

I am so wanting to see Euron killed! You just know Yara's gonna bring the cavalry in take him out.

That would be oh so satisfying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Cersei never been able to bring herself to kill Tyrion. It's one thing to command someone to do it during a battle, it's another to have it done right in front of her eyes. She threatened Jaime and couldn't have him killed either.

Volonguar prophecy is not in the show!

1st one, she sent Bronn north to kill them. So, she gave the order once already.

2nd, I thought in the episode that showed Maggy the frog prophecy that the volonquar was mentioned? I likely just blended it together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

1st one, she sent Bronn north to kill them. So, she gave the order once already.

2nd, I thought in the episode that showed Maggy the frog prophecy that the volonquar was mentioned? I likely just blended it together.

I was referring to her attempt to have Tyrion killed during the battle of the blackwater. We haven't actually heard her give the order. There is speculation it is all Qyburn's doing. If it was just Tyrion, I'd believe the order came from her. But the fact that it includes Jaime makes that theory plausible, to me.

I'd have to watch it again myself (and would if I could remember which season and episode it was), but most people on here say it wasn't in the show, just the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

I'm not sure about that. Something tells me that's what we're supposed to think. Although if that does turn out to be the case and his redemption arc was all for naught, I'm gonna be pissed.

That would be oh so satisfying!

Oh yea if he goes back and just falls under Cersei's thrall AGAIN it'll be like well what a waste.

 

I'm sooooo anticipating to have Euron taken by surprise and defeated. He's awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I was referring to her attempt to have Tyrion killed during the battle of the blackwater. We haven't actually heard her give the order. There is speculation it is all Qyburn's doing. If it was just Tyrion, I'd believe the order came from her. But the fact that it includes Jaime makes that theory plausible, to me.

I'd have to watch it again myself (and would if I could remember which season and episode it was), but most people on here say it wasn't in the show, just the books.

The actual flashback was the very first scene of season five, the word valonqar is never uttered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

I was referring to her attempt to have Tyrion killed during the battle of the blackwater. We haven't actually heard her give the order. There is speculation it is all Qyburn's doing. If it was just Tyrion, I'd believe the order came from her. But the fact that it includes Jaime makes that theory plausible, to me.

I'd have to watch it again myself (and would if I could remember which season and episode it was), but most people on here say it wasn't in the show, just the books.

That was Joffrey not Cersei, confirmed the following season by Cersei herself. She did give the order after Joffreys death and I think again after Tywins. I assume she sent Qyburn to do her dirty work since it is beneath her status to meet with a cut throat about killing her brothers. It includes Jaime because he betrayed her and went North. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave it a 7, though I’m not sure why it’s been getting such low scores wherever I’ve looked. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable episode of post season 4 GoT. 

It was pretty well written, it took enough time with characters to again make them feel almost human rather than plot machines, the dinner was very enjoyable to watch for instance.

Id say also that I was pleasantly surprised as to how little I knew what was going to happen. The show has been so painfully predictable for a long time and now I’m not really sure how things will turn out I’m enjoying it more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Yes, because she is one of the original cast members.

And only Missendei will ever know what she meant by that.  Whether she meant kill everyone or whether it was a throwback to when she was freed.

Personally, I don't care Cersei. I haven't since D&D went completely off book with her starting in season 3, and have actively hated the character since season 5. Carol/Cheryl is not Cersei. 

As for Missendei, even if it was just a callback she had to know what Dany's response would be. Doing to King's Landing what they did Astapor would be downright villainous. The way the show has set the stage, there's no way to take out Cersei with Drogon and not inflict massive civilian casualties. It all just comes back to not taking her out last season.

So either Dany doesn't care how many smallfolk she kills or she's so stupid it would be criminally irresponsible for her to rule. D&D did say she just "forgot" about Euron, his fleet and Qyburn's scorpions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9/10 for unintentional comedy. The Bronn scene and the Euron missiles killing a dragon were unintentional comedy gold.

2/10 for what the showrunners intended. This show is a complete mess at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, ummester said:

Euron finally...

Why is it still winter?

...

If this was Survivor, Cersie should win. But it is still one of the later, bad seasons of Survivor.

2/10

The fact that you posted that (what I've highlighted in bold) alone leads me to wonder how much of ASOIAF and GOT you've actually been paying attention to....

Edited by SerJimmyJangle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of things that have come up: 

It's possible that for all her faults, Cersei is trying to be a ruler and honor the safety of people who came to negotiate. Killing Tyrion would be a huge violation.  It's likely it's merely his plot armor, but maybe someone reminded Dumb and Dumber about this.  They've ignored it in the past.  You could equally ask why she doesn't kill everyone in that scene.  They have like 100 soldiers defending them.  A heavy cavalry charge and those ballistas would end the war with Dany.  (Missendei did not come to the negotiation, she was a prisoner brought by Cersei)

The prophecy is a complete non-factor. Volonquar is not mentioned on the show and the prophecy was completely wrong the instant it was shown.  Show Cersei has already had 4 children, not the 3 mentioned in the prophecy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 4:36 AM, tallTale said:

7

 

Arya leaving without even attempting to tell anyone that she's going to kill Cersei was bullshit.

She's playing her cards close to her chest. The last thing she wants is for Ser Gregor to mid-air choke-grab her like the Night King did. His reach is a bit more than NK's. She and Sandor are going to attempt to assassinate Ser Gregor and Cersei, and I see Jaime or Tyrion (Valonqar) helping out, likely dealing the killing blow to his sister.

 

On 5/6/2019 at 4:50 AM, Butterwell said:

Everybody should remember “Don’t tell Sansa!”

Isn't it entirely possible that Varys, one of his little birds, or Tyrion were simply crouched behind a bush while Jon, Sansa, Arya, and Bran were having their family pow-wow? Arya and Sansa swore an oath before a heart tree, which as keepers of the old gods means they're highly unlikely to break it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, legba11 said:

A couple of things that have come up: 

It's possible that for all her faults, Cersei is trying to be a ruler and honor the safety of people who came to negotiate. Killing Tyrion would be a huge violation.  It's likely it's merely his plot armor, but maybe someone reminded Dumb and Dumber about this.  They've ignored it in the past.  You could equally ask why she doesn't kill everyone in that scene.  They have like 100 soldiers defending them.  A heavy cavalry charge and those ballistas would end the war with Dany.  (Missendei did not come to the negotiation, she was a prisoner brought by Cersei)

The prophecy is a complete non-factor. Volonquar is not mentioned on the show and the prophecy was completely wrong the instant it was shown.  Show Cersei has already had 4 children, not the 3 mentioned in the prophecy.

It's entirely possible she's faked the entire pregnancy to secure her power. Each person she told eventually granted her concessions or felt more obligated to protect her. If they specifically mentioned three children on the show, they might not have made a mistake. Or she could miscarry. Either way, no fourth child.

 

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I gave it a 7, though I’m not sure why it’s been getting such low scores wherever I’ve looked. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable episode of post season 4 GoT. 

It was pretty well written, it took enough time with characters to again make them feel almost human rather than plot machines, the dinner was very enjoyable to watch for instance.

Id say also that I was pleasantly surprised as to how little I knew what was going to happen. The show has been so painfully predictable for a long time and now I’m not really sure how things will turn out I’m enjoying it more.

I agree completely. This is new territory, and very hard to predict how it will finally end. I actually gave it a 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, David Selig said:

9/10 for unintentional comedy. The Bronn scene and the Euron missiles killing a dragon were unintentional comedy gold.

2/10 for what the showrunners intended. This show is a complete mess at this point.

Ifs funny how desensitised I have become to the stupidity of the show now.  A few years ago this stuff would make my blood boil,  but now I’ve become broken by it.

I saw Tyrion and Dany and a dragon in archer range and not being killed by Cercei and instead of fuming I was like ‘sure, why not!’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×