Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

It's just sad at this point.

Ya know what Argilac Durrandon and Harren the Black were missing? Ballistias. Then Aegon and his sisters would of been a distant memory....

Jon loses his dragon and direwolf in the same episode. Ridiculous. Why didn't they send scouts ahead to make sure there wasn't a mustache twirling pirate sitting behind a rock?

Jaime better be going back to put a sword in Cersei's gut or his whole character is completely ruined.

Also cutting away before Jon tells Arya and Sansa who he really is? FUCK YOUUUUUUU

It was weird I had some hope when Daenerys acknowledged Gendry and made him Lord of Storms End I was like "Omg they're actually doing logical shit again and seeing the men cheer for Gendry was great" THEN Gendry was like "I won't be Gendry RIVERS" to Arya I was like "Jesus christ they can't even remember the bastard names for each region" and it just went downhill from there....

And I can't believe I'm saying this but I hated the Bronn scene which is a fucking shame because he's one of my favs. I'm glad Bronn acknowledged that Cersei is definitely fucked but ehhhhh the whole Riverrun to Highgarden thing just didn't feel right at all. Or a "double in price" like Tyrion said to Bronn before.

So somehow Dany's army is going to breach the walls, because Super-Arya and her sidekick, The Hound, have to get inside King's Landing. Not to mention Jaime, because there has to be some sort of mega-reckoning.

One or more of the following have to happen:

• Arya v. Cersei
  • Jaime v. Cersei
  • Jaime v. Euron

And we've got to get the Clegane Bowl...it's been telegraphed for some time now. Wouldn't surprise me if Brienne magically appears as well (show Westeros is tiny), maybe to cradle Jaime's head as he dies. 

I enjoyed some of the show beats tonight, but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the horrendous path this show has been heading down. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes. Complete and past the point of no return. My two faves.

Yes, they completely ruined Jon and Jaime. And Varys line about Dany being able to bend Jon to her will made me want to throw up. 

13 minutes ago, Nami said:

Honestly, I really don't know where Dany and Jon stand on their romance. Are they freaking out (when making out) because they're related or because of the throne thing? The show didn't make it clear?

He’s worried about fucking auntie, but she’s his queen, Forevah! And she’s worried about fucking a bloke w/ a better claim to the throne. Who cares? They’re both morons, like every other character. 

45 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

Shouldn't it be about bending the knee to the people who have ballistas that could shoot down a jet fighter?

They might just as well have given Cersei/Eruon a few M61 Vulcan rotatory cannon.

5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

You guys know what the saddest thing about this is?

This is the best episode of Game of Thrones since the season 6 finale.

I think maybe season 7 finale was better than today's ep. 

20 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I mean, did Dany think Dragonstone was just as she left it? She should have been scouting out that whole situation before leading her fleet into it. The fact that Cersei and Euron didn't have Dragonstone manned armed is ridiculous to begin with. Using it as a trap and then getting the fuck out and letting her have a base on the doorstop is as poorly thought out as the Winterfell defenses.

That's a problem yes.

But that's really Varys' fault. Tyrion is also to blame.

It's their job to know stuff. They didn't know. They were too busy wringing their hands about an issue that can be solved rather simply.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

He’s worried about fucking auntie, but she’s his queen, Forevah! And she’s worried about fucking a bloke w/ a better claim to the throne. Who cares? They’re both morons, like every other character. 

But he never says he has a prob with her being his aunt...

31 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

Apparently they secretly mass-produced exorbitant scads of these super-accurate insta-loading ballistas that can rival a Phalanx CIWS system when deployed in numbers and 99X exorbitant scads of those super-heavy but finely tooled bolts. Also perfected the device for mounting them on moving vessels, clearly incorporating some sort of balancing system, produced all the mounting parts needed, and installed them in each vessel.

Forget the see-whiz - next ep will introduce the golden company's air force of a-10 warthogs and they'll BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT Dany's army in seconds!

And that Bronn scene was just ... what was that? Actor has a contract and people seem to like him so let's waste time with this ridiculous side story? This is what makes Jaime realize he really loves his hateful sister (or possibly, if I'm being generous - makes him want to kill her himself?) The only way I will accept this side plot is if Jaime actually does turn against Cersei and even then it's still shit. With that motivation, it's shit but I get why they wasted time with it.

Cersei is a fucking cunt, can't she just die already?

Spoiler

will we really have Tyrion seeking a passage for her to escape bullshit?

What do these advisors expect Dany to act? Vary's "I worry about her state of mind" is so out of the blue. The woman was grieving for possibily the only loyal friend she had (Jorah) after a terrifying battle, plus worried about the Jon thing, Sandra being a bitch, everyone in the north hating her etc. Now she has to deal with Euron killing her dragon, losing Missandei. Is she suppose to stay sipping tea at Dragonstone and wait eternally for Cersei to surrender? it is clear Cersei will NEVER surrender. And she IS right, the longer she waits, the more her enemies grow stronger. It is completely logical.

But then again, she could lay a siege on KL if she wasn't so fucking pissed already. However, the whole thing from the beginning was stupid. How come no one saw Euron's fleet???

20 minutes ago, teej6 said:

So now apparently there’s a prince in Dorne. People just miraculously appear when then need it. 

Apparently, Quentyn left the Yronwoods and took the princely throne.  He must have escaped the notice of Ellaria & the Sand Brats because Doran forgot having sired an older son.

Just now, divica said:

I think maybe season 7 finale was better. 

You mean the one with the non-climactic trial of Littlefinger? With Bran finally doing plot relevant stuff that we can understand offscreen? With the awkward Dragonpit conference and all the associated fake tension and dramatic non-exists and the deeply surprising plot twist of Cersei plotting to backstab more people?

Uh, yeah about that...

8 minutes ago, Ser Sinister said:

So somehow Dany's army is going to breach the walls, because Super-Arya and her sidekick, The Hound, have to get inside King's Landing. Not to mention Jaime, because there has to be some sort of mega-reckoning.

One or more of the following have to happen:

• Arya v. Cersei
  • Jaime v. Cersei
  • Jaime v. Euron

And we've got to get the Clegane Bowl...it's been telegraphed for some time now. Wouldn't surprise me if Brienne magically appears as well (show Westeros is tiny), maybe to cradle Jaime's head as he dies. 

I enjoyed some of the show beats tonight, but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the horrendous path this show has been heading down. 

I also am very, very irritated about Sansa not coming face-to-face with Cersei again.

Someone said Sansa was the only true Stark left. Was that what I was supposed to take from her this episode? Based on that premise, I feel like I should have been rooting for her. But, for me she just came off as jealous and overly vengeful. The drama was really forced. 

And Jesus Christ - Tyrion and Varys talking about how Robert's Rebellion was fought because Robert loved someone who didn't love him back? No.

nonononono.

Robert's Rebellion wasn't based on a lie. Robert didn't suddenly decide to RAGE OUT just because of Lyanna. Aerys really did burn the Starks and really did call for Ned and Robert to be surrendered to him. There was a reason Aerys faced rebellion that was all his doing. Don't blame this on Robert's hurt feelings. Aerys did this to himself.

Archived