Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

1 minute ago, FeastForCrows said:

Someone said Sansa was the only true Stark left. Was that what I was supposed to take from her this episode? Based on that premise, I feel like I should have been rooting for her. But, for me she just came off as jealous and overly vengeful. The drama was really forced. 

I agree 100%. I was very disappointed with her portrayal tonight. I called her "petulant", because she acted like Dany took her toy from her, especially when she had to be coaxed by Jon to admit that they'd all be dead if Dany hadn't agreed to bring her armies to Winterfell, and even then she didn't want to admit that.

And Jon has a very, very good point. Had Dany just decided to lay siege to King's Landing, Cersei doesn't get the Golden Company, she still has 3 dragons, and probably almost all of her armies intact. And given the way time works on the show, they'd still have plenty of time to get to Winterfell and stop the Night King.

Not showing the convo between Jon, Sansa, Arya, and Bran was absolute crap, the most spineless thing they could have done. On the other hand, given the “quality” of the Ds writing, maybe it was for the best. 

Also, it’s like a fucking High School drama! Dany asks Jon not to tell anyone... Jon then tells Arya, Sansa, and Bran. Then Sansa tells Tyrion, who tells Varys, and on and on. Fucking stupid, my dead grandmother could write a better plot. From the grave! 

2 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

And Jesus Christ - Tyrion and Varys talking about how Robert's Rebellion was fought because Robert loved someone who didn't love him back? No.

nonononono.

Robert's Rebellion wasn't based on a lie. Robert didn't suddenly decide to RAGE OUT just because of Lyanna. Aerys really did burn the Starks and really did call for Ned and Robert to be surrendered to him. There was a reason Aerys faced rebellion that was all his doing. Don't blame this on Robert's hurt feelings. Aerys did this to himself.

What is all this logic?  

From the way the show is going, I think I know how all this will end. I'm pretty sure this will not only be the end of house Lannister, house Targaryen, but also many of the other major noble houses being extinguished it will open up the opportunity for Lord Sweet Robin to take the Iron Throne. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Not showing the convo between Jon, Sansa, Arya, and Bran was absolute crap, the most spineless thing they could have done. On the other hand, given the “quality” of the Ds writing, maybe it was for the best. 

Also, it’s like a fucking High School drama! Dany asks Jon not to tell anyone... Jon then tells Arya, Sansa, and Bran. Then Sansa tells Tyrion, who tells Varys, and on and on. Fucking stupid, my dead grandmother could write a better plot. From the grave! 

I kinda feel like Jon alluded he would tell them.  

But Sansa literally told the first person she encountered.

2 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

What is all this logic?  

I'm sorry, I forgot we're talking about the show.

*delete logic*

God Damn Bobby B! He ruined everything because he felt entitled to a chick? Damn right he did!

So...I have had much reason to type anything because you guys usually do a spectacular job but this episode, god damnit! 

So first off I guess it is okay now to mention that Jon actually died and was resurrected cause I thought only the Night's Watch and the Wildings plus Sansa knew of that? hell if that gets out then people really will want him to become King. 

Secondly...I can understand wanting to send Ghost beyond the wall but damnit Jon why have you not interacted with your own pet/familiar in the last 3/4 seasons? Do D$D really hate Direwolves/Starks that much or love dragons/Targs so much more??? Dany and the Dragons get all the screen time they want but the Starks and their bonds with their Wolves is just thrown away.

Why is anyone going by sea when they know Euron and his super fleet is out there? Traveling by land should be their only option. In fact that would be better because it gives time for them to gather forces from the other kingdoms and show off Dany and her dragons to the masses.

......how did they ever train to be able to take out a dragon with such precision??? Is Qyburn actually the Smith incarnate? will he invent a flame thrower that uses Wildfyre? 

gawd damnit....only two black named characters on this show and they had to kill the fine one.  

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

My favorite part was how Jon turns to Bran and says, "Tell them." Annnnnnd end scene...

Bran could have been replaced with a puppet this season for all the good he's been. 

36 minutes ago, LadyBlackwater said:

Should have just let him keep his lackwit and his bastard stepson. His story is way better in the books.

His story works in the book because Bronn is a simple, coherent character. Book Bronn would never for a second think he could found some great house or rule a kingdom. Nor would he aspire to those needlessly dangerous heights in the first place.

1 minute ago, The Golden Wolf said:

gawd damnit....only two black named characters on this show and they had to kill the fine one.  

Excuse me, but what about the sexiest Black man in GoT Salladhor Saan. 

1 minute ago, ShimShim said:

From the way the show is going, I think I know how all this will end. I'm pretty sure this will not only be the end of house Lannister, house Targaryen, and so many of the other major noble houses being extinguished it will open up the opportunity for Lord Sweet Robin to take the Iron Throne. 

You mean they’re gonna pull Sweetrobin out of their arses at the 11th hour after no one having seen him or mentioned him for ages and crown him king (or have him do anything important)? Yeah, a real twist that no one will see coming, and how could they, since he vanished from the story gods know how long ago. Yup, sounds like something the Ds would do. 

1 minute ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Gendry Rivers. Gendry RIVERS. Gendry R-

ARRRRRGH

:lmao:

Just now, Visenya Stark said:

I still can't believe D&D had Sansa justify all the abuse she suffered by saying it changed her for the better. 

THIS.

I feel like it'll mostly go overlooked but so much this.

1 minute ago, The Golden Wolf said:

So first off I guess it is okay now to mention that Jon actually died and was resurrected cause I thought only the Night's Watch and the Wildings plus Sansa knew of that? hell if that gets out then people really will want him to become King. 

Yeah, right? How many people actually know this and now Jon is fine with people joking around about it openly. And what is his purpose? What did Rh'llor want for him? To help settle how sits on the Iron Throne? In a country where they worship the Seven? Rh'llor's ways are mysterious and it's not our job to understand his divine plan. I guess when he drops dead like Berric or Mel we'll know what he was meant to do.

1 minute ago, ShimShim said:

Excuse me, but what about the sexiest Black man in GoT Salladhor Saan. 

My boi been gone so long i just did not want to speak his name up for fear that next week we will have a scene where he is being tortured by Cersei and Euron for ever thinking he could have

5 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I'm sorry, I forgot we're talking about the show.

*delete logic*

God Damn Bobby B! He ruined everything because he felt entitled to a chick? Damn right he did!

This post gave me so much more pleasure than anything from thonight's episode...

Raucous applause!

2 minutes ago, Visenya Stark said:

I still can't believe D&D had Sansa justify all the abuse she suffered by saying it changed her for the better. 

Yeah that was D&D justifying their Sansa rape shitfest. 

Just now, teej6 said:

Yeah that was D&D justifying their Sansa rape shitfest. 

Hey, they at least phrased  it tenderly with the "broken in hard" line.

/s

3 minutes ago, Visenya Stark said:

Did anyone feel like that was a HUGE fu to all the criticism they got for the Sansa Poole bs of s5? Cuz I sure did... 

Archived