Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

On 5/6/2019 at 12:30 AM, Visenya Stark said:

I still can't believe D&D had Sansa justify all the abuse she suffered by saying it changed her for the better. 

It's just D&D's way of doubling down on all that season 5 nonsense.

Why why why did Rhaegal have to go out like that?! That was brutal. 

The show really wants Dany to be hated by everyone and depicts her as a “Mad Queen” but then we literally got Cersei who is worse. Does no one trust Jon or Tyrion?

Varys slyly plotting Dany’s assasination and Tyrion “Please don’t.”

wtf with this contrived drama.

Oh and Cersei remains queen at the end. It is known. 

29 minutes ago, divica said:

I think maybe season 7 finale was better. 

You mean the one with the non-climactic trial of Littlefinger? With Bran finally doing plot relevant stuff that we can understand offscreen? With the awkward Dragonpit conference and all the associated fake tension and dramatic non-exists and the deeply surprising plot twist of Cersei plotting to backstab more people?

Uh, yeah about that...

33 minutes ago, Ser Sinister said:

So somehow Dany's army is going to breach the walls, because Super-Arya and her sidekick, The Hound, have to get inside King's Landing. Not to mention Jaime, because there has to be some sort of mega-reckoning.

One or more of the following have to happen:

• Arya v. Cersei
  • Jaime v. Cersei
  • Jaime v. Euron

And we've got to get the Clegane Bowl...it's been telegraphed for some time now. Wouldn't surprise me if Brienne magically appears as well (show Westeros is tiny), maybe to cradle Jaime's head as he dies. 

I enjoyed some of the show beats tonight, but I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the horrendous path this show has been heading down. 

I also am very, very irritated about Sansa not coming face-to-face with Cersei again.

Can someone please explain to me why Sansa has such a problem with Daenerys?

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

You mean the one with the non-climactic trial of Littlefinger? With Bran finally doing plot relevant stuff that we can understand offscreen? With the awkward Dragonpit conference and all the associated fake tension and dramatic non-exists and the deeply surprising plot twist of Cersei plotting to backstab more people?

Uh, yeah about that...

I also am very, very irritated about Sansa not coming face-to-face with Cersei again.

Easy. She’s jealous and has a hard-on for Jon obviously. 

2 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

It's just D&D's way doubling down on all that season 5 nonsense.

Except just because Sansa says that it does not make it true. Maybe if we had truly had a "Grand Northen Conspiracy", Sansa had actually shown some agency, and none of the Satannis bs then maybe. but as they messed all that all up then what ever they have her say shall always ring hollow.

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

Because they need to contrive some kind of division/conflict besides the one with Cerse otherwise the shows plot would be too generic or something. Basically what i'm trying to say is, shit writing.  

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Uh, yeah about that...

I think it's probably cause of all the shit she's been through and not trusting outsiders. She trusts her family only and Danenerys obviously isn't family. And she also doesn't trust men because she thinks they do stupid shit for love which is why she doesn't trust Jon trusting Dany. 

I can't even feel enough to be upset anymore... it all just feels worthless now. Everything feels like emotional manipulation (that fails to make me feel any in the first place), just to add "tension". It feels like a chore that I need to do every Sunday night, just to get through these episodes now. I had more fun doing my taxes this year. I can't believe how horrendously bad this show got. At least I'll always have 6 and a half decent seasons to remember. At this point, I almost wish they'd just play the final episode next week, so I can wash my hands of it, and go back to waiting for a real ending

2 minutes ago, Zwalt said:

Simple question.... where did Dany's team get the ships to go to KL? Unless Yara abandoned the Iron Isles and flipped continents in a week...

In the episode they said they were going to White Harbor so I imagine the Manderly’s helped them out

So another dragon is dead. Ghost gets banished north. Daenerys whimpers at Jon. Sansa's angry at Daenerys....for some reason and claims her being raped was a good thing....again....somehow. Bronn and the Bad Pussy (mark my words he has her hidden somewhere) are going to be lords of the Reach, Jaime still doesn't get his character development. Missandei's dead. Daenerys is, somehow, unfit to rule all of a sudden even though varys claimed she was the perfect candidate a couple season ago.

And well....yeah this is horseshit but after the Long Night I've pretty much given up on this show.

I wish there had been a scene where Arya and Sansa said goodbye to each other; since they might never see each other again.  (or a scene of Sansa and Bran saying goodbye/good luck to Jon and Arya)

I used to think the Stark "Lone Wolf" would be Sansa, who lost her wolf and her way; but now it could be Jon (who dumped his wolf, and not because someone was about to kill Ghost) or Arya (who's going south with an increasingly depleted army).

Fuck you D&D!!! 

"Im no longer Gendry Rivers" this line is the biggest fuck you to the fans they've ever written, an error so simple it could´ve been solved in post production by having the actor dub the line, but they dont fucking care. This show has no heart, there is no passion in its making its a shitshow for people who watch it while glued to their phones to hashtag shit on social media.

Jon doesnt even pet ghost goodbye, just fuck off with tormund, you are good boy ghost you deserve so much better.

Sam: "hey Jon remember when you were LC and sent me to the Citadel to be maester and help the Watch? Yeah I instaed forsaken my vows fucked this girl and I'm gonna be a daddy"

Bronn waltz into WF says we wants Highgarden, Jaime almost gets an arrow to the head for bringing logic into this show. nope some idiot sellsword will get a kingdom.

Arya does not expect to come back, why? Is Cercei really scarier than the NK?

Davos still not a Lord.

More time was devoted to build the pyres than to prepare defenses.

More open sea sneak attacks...( Ships Ned, in an open field, hiding behind a rock). You have aerial scouting and you miss an entire fleet? How did Euron the right time to take position Dany could've stayed a lot more time in the North, would he hid behind that rock for 3 months if need be? Do westeros have the best shipwrights in the entire world Dany's fleet has been destroyed 3 times during Cercei pregnancy yet more boats seem to pop out whenever the plot requires. Battle tactics do not exist in this show why bother showing battle planning scenes.

What did Dany do to Sandra? She really hates her with a burning passion with no apparent reason.

Well guess Jaime is still Cercei's bitch.

4 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

In the episode they said they were going to White Harbor so I imagine the Manderly’s helped them out

Thanks, I missed that.

4 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Didn’t her ships have dragon sails? Boy, they’re really quick, those sail makers (not a naval person) in White Harbour. 

Archived